Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many pounds did you lose in a month?

Hello, I'm just curious how many pounds should I expect to lose in a month? I'm not in a rush..I just want to know what I have to look forward to. If I lose 8lbs a month then I would reach my goal in one year (just some insight). How many pounds did you lose in the 1st month, the second, the third, the fourth etc.?? I am just oh so curious :lunch:

My total weight loss goal is 97lbs. For the majority of my weight loss I lost an average of 2 pounds per week, 8-10 pounds per month. I was 20 pounds from my goal within 8 months. (77 pounds lost). Once I hit 20 pounds to goal the weight loss slowed and became more erratic. But am approaching 10 months since surgery and only have 10 pounds to go!

wow that's amazing...that is deffinantly inspiring!!

I really can't wait! i know you will make your goal jodi congrats on all of your success! anyone else have some inspiring weight loss stories for me?? i'm looking for some insparation!

Congrats Jodi!! I've seen you on a few other threads and it's been fun watching your progress. It's so exciting to be 10 pounds from your goal!! I reached my goal yesterday. I'm going to maintain that for a few weeks before deciding if I'll go for another 5 - 10 pounds. I'm only 5' 3/4", so just barely in the normal BMI range at 135.

Stephonee - I didn't lose much weight from April - July (total 18 pounds). When I found my sweet spot, I averaged about 2.5 pounds per week until early January. Since then, I've lost a total of 12 so right around 1 pound per week. I think most people with 100 pounds or less to lose hope to get it done within one year. When the weight started coming off slower, I was worried I wouldn't make my goal before April. I'll probably try to drop down another 5 - 10 pounds, so I won't be at my maintenance weight by my bandiversary. I'm totally okay with that! It's good to have goals and adjust them as your journey continues. Good luck!

Congratulations to you Cubs Girl 17!!!! How wonderful for you.

I sure hope I can join you in reaching goal soon. I refuse to get my spring wardrobe before the rest of the weight is gone even though my current clothes are getting pretty baggy.

Thanks Jodi! I can't believe I'm about to say this - I'm in between size 6 and 8. Who would have thought that would be my problem 11 months after surgery! Size 8 are a bit baggy in the bum, size 6 a bit tight in the upper thighs. Both fit just fine, I just don't want to spend a lot of money if I'm not going to be in that size long. I planned to get 5 - 6 new pairs of Spring time pants over the weekend. Now I'm going to wait a few weeks and see if the 6 fit better. If not, I'm happy to say I wear a size 8!! I bought 2 pair, 1 6 and 1 8 to get me through the next few months. I had been wearing my size 12, but they look ridiculous even with a belt. What a wonderful probem to have. I'll keep checking in on you so I can see when you reach your goal. Way to go!

As with so many things, weight loss is different for everyone. There are a lot of factors mixed in (how much you have to lose, how tight your band is, etc). I was told that 1-2 lbs a week would be the average weight loss, and that some people lose more and some people lose less. It is really not good to compare yourself to others, but it sure is HARD not to!

Everyone is doing such a wonderful job! You are great inspiration!!!

well i have about 95lbs to lose to be at a normal weight, but I would really like to lose 100-110lbs. The lowest weight I have ever been at was at 130 (and that's about 95lbs from where i am now), & I would be happy at 140, but I would like to know what I would look like at 120 or 125 (that's why that is my goal weight. Once I get down to 150 i'll start feeling normal again. But just about every time i have lost weight...it comes off fairly quick if i'm trying my hardest...so i guess we will see. I know that I will eventually get to where I want to be, no worries lol!

Steph,

As stated earlier, and many times on this board. "Everyone is Different" on how they lose. I was banded on 1/3/2008. so it has been over a year. Here is kinda my breakdown by months.

1/3 265

2/2 -10

3/5 -10

4/12 -12

5/3 -5

6/3 -10

7/8 -11

8/5 -9

9/4 -7

10/2 -7

11/3 -9

Had small unfil in nov. gained and then started losing again. was to tight.

1/3 -4 from 11/3 date

2/5 -8

3/3 -6

The first 3 or 4 months I had no restriction, so it was shear willpower and small portions, watching WHAT I ate that helped me lose, as you can tell as I get closer to goal, it is coming off slower. But that is ok, I am adding foods that I had considered no no's and eating more normal.

Hope this helps.. Best of Luck.

Lois

Edited by WOWOX7
oops

First month I lost 0 pounds.

Second month I lost 0 pounds.

Third month I lost 2 pounds.

As you can see, I didn't get any restriction w/ my first fill at 6 weeks. It was the 10 week fill that started my weightloss. I didn't need another adjustment until I reached goal.

First month I lost 0 pounds.

Second month I lost 0 pounds.

Third month I lost 2 pounds.

As you can see, I didn't get any restriction w/ my first fill at 6 weeks. It was the 10 week fill that started my weightloss. I didn't need another adjustment until I reached goal.

Yeah, I agree with Lapbandtalker. During the period of bandster hell, any weight loss achieved is going to be on sheer willpower.

My total goal is 111 lbs. I have lost 90lbs in 10.5months. My average weight loss turned out to be around 8.6lbs a month. I didnt see that last month though. I think I lost around 5lbs. It will slow down closer to goal.

I am averaging 4-8 lbs a month, so about 1-2 lbs a week. I still don't have great restriction yet, but hopefully I will have after the 30th. Thats when I have my next fill! Yeah.