Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

EXERCISE...is everybody really doing it??

Daily walker here...around 4 miles. However...I lost the most weight before I began walking around two months ago.

I have become a born again exerciser. Last spring (May 2004) I went to curves religiously 3-4 times a week. In four months I lost no weight. I am sure I toned up, but it would've been nice to see the scale move. Curves didn't open early enough in the morning for me and I was too tired after work to enjoy the workout. I could also come up with a myriad of excuses why not to go gym after work also. I did do it though.

Now I get up 45 minutes earlier in the morning, (4:30AM) and head to the gym (24 hour fitness) then. I am a morning person, so this isn't a huge deal. I also have my bag packed and in the car the night before. It works for me if I just roll out of bed and go. My husband who is a student, has kid duty in the morning.

I am down about 26 pounds in the ten weeks since surgery. People are really starting to notice the weight loss. What I've noticed though, is that the weight in the last couple of weeks is really starting to come off and things are seemingly tightening up.

Exercise begets energy. I truly do feel better all day long and find I sleep better at night. I am also eating about 1200-1400 cals a day. For me I am thinking the amount of exercise I am getting and the amount of cals I am getting might be my combination.

The only exercise I do is walking I walk here at work 1 mile then at night I take the kids walking. They have a Peg Perego Jeep and I had to buy an extra battery just for them to keep up with me. So maybe 2 - 3 miles a day.

Other than that No more exercise for me.

Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays I weight train for 45 minutes in the morning and Monday thru Saturday I walk anywhere from 30-75 minutes. My pace is about 3.5 miles in 50 minutes and around 5 miles in 75 minutes. I find that exercise doesn't boost my weight loss, but I have a healthy heart!

Tricia H

Every ones metabolism rate is different, and every one loss weight differently.

as for my self I was exercising 9 to 14 hours aweek mostly walking If I felt lazy then Id run a mile.In my eight month of exercising im down 92 pounds was 95 but had surgery yesterday gained some Water weight.

I think that you don,t have to kill your self exercising but if your looking to loss your weight faster with your band, Exercise can,t hurt I walk 3 miles aday every day some times twice! or at a minimum of at least one hour aday.... but thats just me because I enjoy walking and being out side.

ps I also drink alot of water!........ I hope what ever you do,that you loss the weight that you want and don,t loss the weight to quick because rapid weight loss can cause gallbladder problems, I know this first hand.

most of all God bless and I hope things work out for you!