Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein shakes - GAG, YUCK, PUKE, EEEEKKKK

I went on Bariatriceating.com and ordered their Protein sample pack. They give you a ton of samples to try so you don't spend money on what you don't like. Just wanted to let you all know in case it was helpful

Sherry

I got lucky and my nutritionist recommended the Jay Robb Protein Powder. It is AWESOME! A little pricey but so worth it IMHO. It kind of froths up and tastes like a milkshake without the ice cream.

If I am making a powdered Protein shake, I *have* to add a shot of sugar free Toriani Syrup to it otherwise I will also gag.

I like sugarfree almond the best, it goes with both chocolate and vanilla.< /p>

Yummy sugar free syrup

I'm currently into Healthwise shakes where you add Water to the bottle and shake. 70 cals, 15 grams Protein, 1 carb. Fruity flavors. Yummy and they really kill my appetite.

Healthwise shakes

Ewwww, Muscle Milk tasted like strained sweat socks and bile to me. I get shivers just thinking about it.

I really think the Protein manufacturers should sell single-serving powder samples so you can road test these things before investing in the big canister... but then again, maybe that's how they make their money. ha ha ha

You crack me up, Rachel! :crying: I just tried my first Muscle Milk today, and although it didn't taste like sweat socks and bile to me, I did get an immediate stomachache and headache. Don't want to try that one again.

unjury sells single-serving powder samples on their website for $1.75 each. I just bought vanilla, chocolate, unflavored, and chicken Soup. I've only tried vanilla, and it was okay. I've heard the chocolate is very good. My dietitian highly recommended that brand, so I figured I'd test them out. She said stay far, far away from the strawberry, though. Oh, and I got the order in the mail the very next day! (Found out they are in Virginia.)

She said stay far, far away from the strawberry, though.

Oh, that was my experience with Designer Whey's strawberry too. It has a very odd, strong strawberry taste, but not a sweet strawberry taste... I still use it though with a banana and a spoon or two of strawberry Quick.

The ONLY one I can drink is Premier Protein which I have only seen and bought at costco. It is 30g of Protein. I buy the chocolate flavor and was worried I wouldn't like it when I first bought it since I had spent $24 on case of 18 individual containers. It is also sold in vanilla, but I've never tried that. I usually add about an ounce of ordinary milk to the glass as well which brings it up to a 12 ounce serving. It is not sugar free, but only has 1 gram of sugar. Is also labeled Low Fat. I can't even stand the SMELL of any of the others I've tried....

You've gotten a lot of suggestions but I wanted to throw another one out there. I bought this powder whey Protein mix at Walmart, Body Fortress Whey Protein it comes in chocolate, vanilla, strawberry and Cookies and cream. I LOVE the strawberry one, I mix it with half a banana, skim milk and ice - tastes like strawberry ice cream and no protein taste. The best part is its only like $13 for a 2lb container. 26 grams of protein and only 100 calories for the powder.

You've gotten a lot of suggestions but I wanted to throw another one out there. I bought this powder whey Protein mix at Walmart, Body Fortress Whey Protein it comes in chocolate, vanilla, strawberry and Cookies and cream. I LOVE the strawberry one, I mix it with half a banana, skim milk and ice - tastes like strawberry ice cream and no protein taste. The best part is its only like $13 for a 2lb container. 26 grams of protein and only 100 calories for the powder.

I've heard others talk about this Walmart powder. I may have to check it out! Thanks. :)