Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

could use some major advice...bcuz im about to give up!

so i have been on a diet for the past 3 months. (not banded yet) i have lost a total of 30 lbs. i have seem to hit a plateau...and i have been like this for the last month!!! Im so frustrated i dont know what to do. I exercise and eat healthy...but just cant get over the hump! Going crazy out here in Cali!!!!!! So confused! :scared2::heart::crying::mad2::eek::D

I think you've forgotten that if the majority of us could stick to diets and exercise for longer than a few months, odds are we wouldn't need the band. Are you filling an insurance requirement?

well the doc that i had gone first to, put me on a 2 month trial...which i lost a total of 10 lbs. then he come out and told me that my ins. didnt approve him for my surgery. Because he is not within my network. (but thats a whole different story) anyways, ever since then i just kept on doing it on my own. im still in the process of going to another doctor. but meanwhile, im still keeping my diet and was doing good up untill now :scared2:

I don't understand then why you're going to give up on the band, and I gave up on just trying diet and exercise a long time ago (it didn't work for me, not long term, which is why I got the band, which IS working for me)...so not sure why or what you're giving up??? the diet? If so, I don't blame you...

30 pounds in 3 months is outstanding! My only advise would be, write down everything you eat. Sometimes there are a couple of things that slide by if they are not written down! Outstanding work!

Hi Princess

30 pounds is great,maybe you need to change your exercise routin abit, dont give up you can do it...... i my self had given up on my band it was working for me at all but i started to change my eating habbits and exercise a bit more and i started to see a little progress but its ok slowly but surely..... it can be done so many people have done it why cant me and you do it.... trust and believe and you will succed.....LOL

There are many, many reasons why you may have hit a "plateau" in your weight-loss efforts.

Don't give up on it, though. You should still try and make proper eating habits and exercise your method for losing weight. Make surgery your LAST option. Millions of people are successful with their weight loss efforts WITHOUT resorting to surgery. Many are NOT successful, and that is why the Lap band and other forms of WLS are available. But surgery needs to be your FINAL option, not the first step as many of the "WLS Surgery mills" would like us to think.

Make sure that you are doing the RIGHT kind of exercise at the RIGHT intensity. Consider investing in a Personal Trainer whos KNOWS what they are doing, and can teach you about the various types of exercise, specific to your needs..

Also, with regard to dieting, make sure that you are eating HEALTHILY, and not just reducing calories. Many people think that if they simply reduce the amount of crap they eat, that they will lose weight. But, MUCH of the secret to losing weight is in WHAT you eat. I highly recommend that you read the "PH Miracle" by Dr. Robert O. Young. It's a book that was life-changing for me.

Most importantly, you need to change your focus; Don't think in terms of simply "losing weight". Think in terms of becoming HEALTHY. If you become healthy, REALLY healthy, then a natural by-product of pure health IS being at a correct body weight. If you work hard at becoming healthy, and not just at losing weight, your body will ultimately arrive at it's correct weight on it's own. It's a simple concept, but very powerful. I wish I had understood it many years ago before I went through all the stuff I had to go through.

So, don't give up on the diet and exercise.....if you can accomplish it, it really is the best way to lose what you want, and become healthy in the process.

Edited by Headhunter

try changing things up..eat different healthy food! excercise a little more with a different routine..usually your body just adjusts itself to what you are doing, so you need to present it with new challenges! good luck ...you are doing great!!! =]