Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello from a newbie :)

Hi everyone,

I have been thinking of getting lap band on and off for a while, but have always been too nervous. I have autoimmune hepatitis and the combo of steroids/imuran has caused me to gain about 60 lbs in the last 3 years. I am off steroids but will have to continue my other medications for who knows how long and after all efforts on my own, I do not think I can do this without help. Finally after being told by 2 different dr's of mine that it is something I should really consider I went and meet with Dr. Luckey of scales in Thousand Oaks. He was very nice and I have the first group meeting on Tuesday.

I am still very nervous about having surgery and hope that I get insurance coverage (I do have bariatric coverage but I need the pre-service review). I am very glad that there is this board available.

Hi Charlie,

Welcome to LBT. While I am not familiar with the specifics of your health condition, the sentence "I do not think I can do this without help" really resonates with me. That's what I said nearly a year and a half ago at 286 pounds (see my details below). The lapband leveled the playing field for me - gave me some quick success, helped me limit my curb my appetite and change my behavior around food. It's not a magic pill, but it's a powerful tool. I wish you the best of luck, Charlie - you can do it. Please keep me in the loop.

- Bandpal

Edited by bandpal

Hey Bandpal,

Thanks for the welcome. I am a girl actually..Charlie is my dog :thumbup: I know that this is not a quick fix, I have actually been very successful with weight loss before (60 + lbs with Weight Watchers etc.) Since I have been on meds though I have found it extremely difficult and frustrating and I have now had to grasp the fact that I might be on my medication for life, so I would like my weight to not be something I have to worry about. I worry more about my weight than my other health issues and that is why I have turned to this solution.

Hah! That's great! Sorry about the mixup. Charlie, and hello all over again! Your reasoning seems quite sound - even without the other issues you are facing, the sense of freedom I have at not constantly worrrying and being depressed about my weight is immensely freeing. I wish all that and more for you. Please keep in touch.

- Bandpal

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches