Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Waiting waiting waiting

Hi,

I am new to this site and becoming discouraged about how long this process is taking.

I started in Oct. and and just now scheduled for my psych evaluation next week.

I have changed my diet and started excersising and down 20 lbs, but I am anxious to have the banding done and start this thing for real.

Any advice on how to get through the waiting period and the psych evaluation. I admit the evaluation has me a little nervous, I have talked to people who didn't pass and were denied the surgery.

I'm scheduled for my psych eval in 10 days. From most of the posts I've read, I don't think we have anything to fear. I think they just want to ensure you are a good candidate for the surgery, and are going into it informed and committed to the process and lifestyle changes. I was told at my MD consult appt. that it would take about 5 weeks after the psych eval for all the processing between the MD office and insurance company to receive authorization, and then I could schedule my surgery. Good luck, and I hope the rest of the process goes quickly for you! Hang in there, I really believe it will be well worth it :w00t:

I just got my approval yesterday after what seemed like a long time of waiting, but in comparison to some, I was relatively quick. The pych eval for me involved meeting with the psychologist for one hour and discussing my reasons for wanting the surgery. I just told her that I was able to lose weight, but not keep it off. I think the band will be a great tool in helping me feel full faster. I know it' shard to wait, but hang in there...it will be worth it. I am scheduled for April 16th and can't wait. I just want to get it done! Good luck to you.

Be careful what you wish for. Unfortunatly, the band does not work for everyone. You should make sure you read the complication section in these forums before actually going through with this.

Mustang, I think that anyone who is contemplating lapband surgery is aware that there could be complications. Personally, I am willing to take that risk and join the thousands of success stories on this forum. There are many HAPPY successful lapband patients too. :thumbup:

Since you didn't elaborate as to your own experience, I can only assume you fall into the "complications" category. Sorry for that but you shouldn't sicourage those of us who have been jumping through hoops and are so happy and excited to finally be approved. For many, like myself, the band is a light at the end of the tunnel and is way worth the risk in my opinion.