Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

calories and caloric breakdown

I am wondering about calories and the breakdown of such and weight loss. I was banded July 22. I have lost about 28 lbs plus 10 before for a total of 38 lbs or so. Great,.....not complaining about that. Probably due to 2 weeks of liquids. Since I went on food I have not lost a single thing. I am playing with the same 5 lbs, either up or down. It has been so damn muggy here I may have some Fluid retention some days, but not really too bad. I logged my food onto fitday.com and I am in the 700 to 850 calories a day. Some time I wonder if my fat content is too high due to cheese. I drink all my Water every day and do exercise to an exercise tape or do 1 hour of walking at varied speeds. I am so frustrated. I am getting a fill next week. Hopefully this helps. What is your calorie count for the day. I am following amounts of 3 oz meat..some fat free milk, etc... Would 2 tbs of regular cream cheese on 4 fat free triscuits sabotage my day.....Your thoughts

Actually, I just updated my signature and I have lost 43 lbs in total. Maybe I just shouldn't complain at all. That is a lot. Maybe my body is in need of a rest. Hopefully my fill will give me a jump start. Perhaps I join the body pump gym. UGH

Hi, bandbuddy! I was banded the same day as you were, and I have lost 26 official pounds, which I count from my surgical consult on 7-13. I had lost a few from my highest ever before that. YOU ARE DOING GREAT! I am writing to let you know that I had a week where my weight went up and down the same 5 lbs, just as you described. It is frustrating, but I told myself my body needed to catch up, which I believe is the case. I was also keeping my calories down, and consciously jacked them up a little after reading that weight loss can be slowed with very low caloric intake. I keep my calories between 800-1300. Usually never make it to 1300, but on occasion I have. My average is more like 900-1000. I use fitday.com, too...I really appreciate all the reports it gives you, and that you can enter custom foods in.

After that up and down stuck kinda week, I started losing again. I get a fill next week, Thursday, when's yours? Good to hear from you, Cindy

Hey Cindly....I think I probably need more veges and less cheese. I had been using low fat cheese but I'll switch to fat free(Yuck). I love cheese on chix, veges, peppers and onions, you name it. I have my first fill on Tuesday the 30th. I am looking forward to it because I really don't have any restriction. I do feel fuller quicker but not as quick as I'd like. I don't know.

Robyn

this sounds weird but try uping your calories to about 1000 try a little different exercise

your body gets used to the same old thing!

Im holding at 94 pounds lost!

PS try exercising before you eat Breakfast that way you are burning your calories from fat stored! stay at 500 calorie work out. good luck.

most of all God bless!

I think you definitely need to be eating more. Your body probably does need a rest from the quick weight loss, but it's probably also panicking because it's afraid it isn't going to get what it needs. I try not to go above 1300 calories, but try also not to go below 1000.

Maybe have a chat with your doctor and see what he thinks? Your weight loss is fine, but you need to make sure you are eating enough :rolleyes:

I logged my food onto fitday.com and I am in the 700 to 850 calories a day.

It could be not enough calories...I kep my caloric intake between 1200-1500 a day. Anything less for me and my body stores it and conserves it because it thinks I'm starving it!

Also how many grams of Protein is in that 700-850 calories a day? Is it atleast 60 grams?

Most days I am getting 60+grams of Protein. I see the nutritionist next week and also get a fill. Perhaps she will have an idea of what needs to be done.

Robyn,

I think your weigh lose is fantastic. I had my surgery on July 6th and have lost 18 lbs and am very pleased with that. Don't be so hard on yourself. I go for a fill on Wednesday and am wondering if I really need one. You are doing great. I too wonder if you are eating enough. You have lost 43 lbs. in one month. Be proud.