Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is anyone else out there craving sugar.I think I'm doing O.K.but, I'm craving ant eating cakes and candy. I have lost 44lbs since my sugery date on 12-18-08, but I have candy in my face all day and I'm starting to eat more then I should. Any one else have this problem? Any suggestions?

The evils of carbs...the more you eat the more you crave it. Watch your intake of all processed carbs and try looking for a sugar free alternative to the candy. I am a carboholic but because I have strictly limited my breads, pastas, potato and sugar since my pre-op diet, I have not had many problems with cravings. I get my carbs from fruits, veggies, dairy and whole grain Cereal. I tame sugar cravings with sugar free fruit juice or a sugar free snack. Once I eat just a little of the other stuff the cravings get started and I have to completely cut out carbs for a few days to reset myself.

Getting rid of sugar was in my opinion, a major key to my success. I've done two things that might go against common logic here, but have worked for me. I love dark chocolate. I've been buying bags of Dove mini darks. To me they are very satisfying. I take an insulated snack bag to work everyday to get through the day. Its filled with good stuff and 2 of these dove chocolates. They are small, can't be that much sugar. I've been doing this for the last 40 pounds or so.

Now comes the part that will get people screaming. I grew up on Pepsi, back when they made it with real sugar. It came back out again this year as PEPSI THROWBACK. I bought a ton and stored it. I used it as a reward for major milestones and on the days I had one, I ran an extra mile. I have one in the fridge now and will drink it Saturday after kicking my skinny friend's ass in this weekend's 5K run. In fact, I plan on drinking it standing on the finish line when he crosses.

Some people are doing to talk about stretching your pouch and that isn't going to happen. I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last week and talked about it with my doctor. Unless you pull a Mean Joe Greene, it just isn't going to happen. (Google Coca cola Mean Joe Green commercial if you don't get the reference. Because I'm rewarding myself, it is going to take me 20 minutes to drink it, like it does for most food. I take my time, sip slowly. Come Sunday, if I'm up a pound, I'll do something extra that day. Hey, its working for me. I figure if I was strong enough to get this far, I'm strong enough to use moderation everywhere.

Edited by BillOh
Caught by the grammar police