Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2nd Fill...Too Restricted? What do you think? Begging for you to Respond!!

I went yesterday and got my 2nd fill; my first was over 3 months ago. The first fill I got was 4 cc's in a 10 cc band. When I went yesterday some had been absorbed and he put that back in plus 1 cc so i'm up to 5. I drank a few sips of Water in the office and felt ok. A little while later I keep burping and hiccupping and/or doing a combo of the two. All I can do is get a couple of sips of Water and I feel so tight in my chest and again start the small burps and hiccups...

I have a friend who said to stick with the liquids like i'm supposed to for a couple of days and eventually it will get better.

What is ya'lls opinion? Should I go and get some taken out or wait it out a day or two? BTW I drive 4 hours one way to get a fill!

Please Please Respond...Any Help Will be Greatly Appreciated!

Be very very careful not to irritate the band further. Since you could swallow at the office, this could be swelling. I don't have far to drive to get back to my doctor's office, so I would go back in and get a tiny bit removed. You're four hours away, and that has to be a difficult trip. Given that, I would give it one day, as long as you are able to get your Water down, even if in tiny sips. By tomorrow, if you're still having this problem, I would go back. I'm really sorry you're going through this, especially given the distance between you and your doctor. If you completely close up, get back there ASAP.

I would also call the doctor's office and ask for their advice.

I also wanted to add that my second to last fill, my doctor thought it was a pretty big fill, because I'm getting close to the max. He wanted me to stay on liquids for three days and soft foods for three days, to give things time to settle down (my doctor usually says two days each). If you have a similar procedure, you might want to add an extra day to each. If we can't add back solid Protein after two weeks, we're instructed to come in for a slight unfill.

Edited by kiz

Thanks Kiz...I just got off the phone with the nurse. She said to give it a few days that since I was getting the Water down I should be okay and it will loosen up some soon. She said to try drinking warmer liquids that might help. I'm suppose to call her back tomorrow with an update! But it still makes me nervous!!

Thanks for Responding!

Hi:

I agree with Kiz. I hope you feel better soon. I am fortunate because my surgeon is 10 minutes from home. Hope things loosen up for you. My experience is that my band is very tight for two weeks after a fill, but I've always been able to get liquids down. One time the liquids would go down, but I had pain where the band is every time I swallowed (even liquids), so I got a slight unfil, and then two weeks later I got a smaller fill. Worked out in the end.

I love my band!

Sue