Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Grrrr so angry at myself!

Ok, so I have a confession!! I'm struggling! I was doing soooo well! But then real food came along and so did my old habits! I wake up and think about foor 24/7!! I'm not sure if its because I am slightly 'hormonal' at the moment or what! I feel i have no restriction so I tend to be eating more and more frequently! So i need a good slapping!! Any offers??? PLEASE! I see the Psychologist next week hopefully he can help and hopefully get a fill too to get this party started! I've lost 17kg so far roughly but the last 2 weeks hardly anything so grumpy!!! I'm a cranky cactus!

Ok i feel bettter now!! Now you all know my dirty little secret!!:thumbup:

I am sure you know this, but you have to keep reminding yourself why you got the band. You got it for a lifestyle change and not to lose weight.

Personally, I know how hard it is to resist the cravings and I find voicing my own weakness certainly helps. When you find yourself craving junk, get some chewing gum, drink some Water, eat a piece of fruit. Anything but junk food.

I hope this helps and good luck.

We know that we don't always eat because we are hungry. And, most of us have had bad eating habits for a long time. The lap band is not a magic device that will fix our thoughts and take away those habits. It is a tool, like your therapist is a tool. You will find a way to put them to use and then magic will happen. Try not to be so hard on yourself. After all, if you are not your own cheerleader, who will be? Your habits will change and you will find the way to lose the weight. Just give yourself some time!

Elgrad

I know a lot of people are going to hate me for saying this but you've got no restriction...so don't beat yourself up. I mean, you have the lap band but it's not turned on. No big deal, just keep getting fills until you get resriction and hit your 'sweet spot'. I don't understand people that freak out about people eating like they did before the band if they don't have any restriction yet. I mean, i got the band to ASSIST me and if i'm don't have restriction then it's not doing it's job yet and I'm sure as heck not doing this on my own. Anyway, that's my take on the whole thing. Bottom line, don't beat yourself up. You've done good so far and you'll do even better once you've got restriction.

Im struggling aswell at the moment, i do have restriction cause if i dont chew it gets stuck. I do get hungry though and eat. I never lost any weight for 4 weeks and was gutted. I am now back on the straight and narrow and when i can afford it i will get another fill. im so close to the sweet spot as i have had 11.5 and the band holds 14. I am going to try hard now, so you must too :mad2:

Welcome to Bandster Hell, my friend! :mad2: Everyone goes through this -- it's normal. You may even put back on a few pounds during this time. Don't worry -- it will come off when you get restriction. Just try to eat sensibly so that it doesn't take you too long to lose any weight you put on during this period.

Catherine

i am going thru it right now too. I try to keep myself on a 3 hour schedule.. I eat a very small meal every three hours or so, and if I find that I can't make it the three hours I eat a Protein Bar. But I gotta say that for about a week now I have had a craving for an ice cream cake.. I know that I can't eat the whole thing, but I really want to. i just keep telling myself that when i get to 35 lbs lost then i will buy one and have a little slice.

I have also been wanting to come and "confess".

We are pretty close in weight loss and I am at the same point. I have been eating more than I should at servings and wanting to have sweets quite a bit. I was doing SO good! Now, I feel like I am slowly losing control again. I even have great restriction (so I thought) I don't get hungry very often. But, I was able to eat a full 5 layer nacho at lunch today (this was the first time I tried to eat the whole thing). Usually I just stop when I've had a few bites...

Well sorry to write such a long post in your thread :thumbup: But, I just wanted you to know you are not alone...

Thanks Matalo, I think chewing gum is a good idea it will keep my busy for a while, and I need to find my love for fruit again because ive been going for the naughty things! I know im human its just tough but thanks to you and all the others for the replies I feel better now!!

Elgrad, thanks for the optimism! My habits changed for a few weeks but now back to the old ones! But as you said use my Therapist to its advantage! I’ll get my $165 worth this time!!

GuyMontag – you crack me up yet you are so right! I’ve got it but its not turned on!! I’m hoping to turn it on next week if my doc lets me! I’ll keep you guys posted on how I go!

Alfie I hope you get to your sweet spot soon! I have no idea how big my band is, ill find that out next week! I feel more focused today, but I still have the urge to snack so I made sure I had some fruit there ready!

Catherine – you have no idea how much you helped just saying I am normal! I’m lucky I haven’t put weight on yet, but im keeping a close eye on it!

Lyndie – Small meals often sounds like a good option til I go and see my doc, it would stop the cravings mentally and physically might give it a go! Thanks!

IWantToBeSkinny – we are not alone!!!! I know how you feel hun, but I reckon we will get through it! Worked out I need to exercise more aswell! I find it hard to know when I am full as well so ill have a good chat to the Psycho – therapist!

Thanks again everyone I needed your thoughts badly and hopefully ill jump on the fat wagon soon and shed some flubba!

Not banded yet but will be in 3 1/2 weeks. You are doing great. Lots of weight loss since january. Just a thought, have you checked your NSV's. Even though the scale hasn't moved you could be losing inches. They say 1 to 2 pounds a week average is normal. Everyone hits times that the scale don't move. Like guy said you are doing your part you just need the band to do its.

Remember you didn't gain the weight in 1 day and you can't loose it in 1 either and 1 bad eating day is better than 365 bad eating days.

Your avatar picture looks great and keep up the good work. Keep us posted on your progress.

Greg

Ok i feel bettter now!! Now you all know my dirty little secret!!:confused:

I would venture to say that we all share the same dirty little secret at one time or another. Afterall, we are human.

Confession is good and seeing the psych is better. If not the psych then a support group to help keep you on track. Try and identify your food issues, maybe start journaling and tracking food until you are back on track.

Increase you level activity, when the munchies gremlins attach. And a fill might help.