Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELLO ALL!! New to the board... considering lap band

Hey everyone.

I'm 28 yrs old. 1 four yr old and married. i currently weigh 245 lbs and am only 5'2" tall. I am seriously at the final straw with trying to lose weight on my own. i was able to get down to 198 a year 1/2 ago on weight watchers.. but my appetite is out of control and as i get older my metabolism is slower and cravings are increased. i'm sure you can all relate. i was considering the lap band procedure because i am pretty sure i qualify. i was just concerned with wanting more kids while banded. does anyone have info on this? and i was concerned with the extra skin i always hear about with these procedures. any advise would be greatly appreciated..

thanks!!

Hello, one of the reasons I chose the lapband was because in case I wanted another child I could have my band unfilled and the baby would still get all the nutrients it needs, whereas bypass you don't have that option. My surgeon did tell me it is wise to wait 2 years to get pregnant, but being i'm already 35 I dont know how well that will work out for me. But as far as everything i've heard it's safe. Good Luck on your journey!

My surgeon has his patients promise to not get pregnant for a year post band ... he feels it's dangerous. It doesn't pertain to me but I think why get the band to get pregnant right away...have the baby THEN get the band...or have the band, lose and get healthy and THEN have the baby! :biggrin: You don't want to lose while trying to grow a little one! The band won't stop you from having a healthy baby.

As to the skin....Odds are if you lose a lot of weight there's going to be skin. Whether you have bypass, the band, sleeve, do weight watchers, get stranded on a desert island, whatever...you remove the fat, the skin will sag. How badly depends on many many factors including your age, how long you've been fat, your skin type, your nutritional status, etc etc. Skin is an organ so people who work out to tighten it are misinformed...the muscle UNDER the skin tones up, but the skin will do what it will do. For many young otherwise healthy people, it's almost a non-issue. For someone like me who weighed 400 and is 54, I'm facing plastic surgery. But it's better to be saggy than fat. Hands down.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches