Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling the Victorious Valentines

LOL!! Well you've already seen how I'm doing. However, hopefully better everyday from here on. ;-)

I'm so glad to hear you're doing well! You rock girl!

Life? Let's see...

Band - weight seems to have stabilized again; contemplating another fill, but as it was only 1 month ago I had to be slightly de-filled I don't want to screw around with it. But if my appetite doesn't abate soon, then it is likely a fill is in my near future.

Work - always on the hunt for another job (I'm easily bored and always want a new challenge). Have a few interviews this month - one for position that would require moving 1500 miles from here (and slightly north:scared2:), another I could work from home 50% of the time, with lots of travel for the other 50%. Both positions seem interesting, but until I have interviews I won't really have details.

Home - anxiously awaiting spring; I hate being cooped up! Watching lots of movies, reading lots. Just the usual, no real excitement...which is sometimes good, sometimes bad!

Family - everyone is ok; cats are fine too.

Car - time for a new one! Can't really afford it. My trusty car has given 10 years of dependable service, but is starting to have those issues that mean the end is coming....do I wait, or do I replace now?

There, how's that? or is this WAYYYYYY TMI?

Life? Let's see...

Band - weight seems to have stabilized again; contemplating another fill, but as it was only 1 month ago I had to be slightly de-filled I don't want to screw around with it. But if my appetite doesn't abate soon, then it is likely a fill is in my near future.

Work - always on the hunt for another job (I'm easily bored and always want a new challenge). Have a few interviews this month - one for position that would require moving 1500 miles from here (and slightly north:scared2:), another I could work from home 50% of the time, with lots of travel for the other 50%. Both positions seem interesting, but until I have interviews I won't really have details.

Home - anxiously awaiting spring; I hate being cooped up! Watching lots of movies, reading lots. Just the usual, no real excitement...which is sometimes good, sometimes bad!

Family - everyone is ok; cats are fine too.

Car - time for a new one! Can't really afford it. My trusty car has given 10 years of dependable service, but is starting to have those issues that mean the end is coming....do I wait, or do I replace now?

There, how's that? or is this WAYYYYYY TMI?

Didn't know you were having fill troubles tap. I did for the first whole year, which I'm not sure but might have been the reason for my non-compliance with my band. Almost like I'd given up.

I only just realized my doc was giving me tiny fills for a very good reason. He really stresses to his patients that being overfilled can cause too many problems... so for myself - I'm 8 fills in and about 6cc/10cc.

I believe I've found my SS, and I won't chance anymore from here on.

I hope you find yours very soon!!

I am so glad to see that the VV's are hitting the board more often. I think this helps us all be more successful. The world out there doesn't understand the struggles that bandster's face. It's good to have friends who know what we are talking about and understand the frustration.

Life is good here. I'm so ready for spring so I can get out and walk again. Yesterday it was 80 degrees and this morning it was 21 degrees. Missouri weather has it's challenges.

Have a wonderful day Victorious Valentines.

Can I come back??

I was banded 2-13-08. I came on here a couple of times but was more a lurker than a poster.

I also want to get on the accountability train!! I initally lost 66 lbs...only to stall out towards the end of last year. I have been fluctuating the same 10 lbs. up and down for several months now. I got comfortable and stopped worrying about the amount and the quality of food I was eating. I am now scared that I have enlarged my pouch (my own fault!) and I have been doing liquids/mushies again to try and minimize the possible damage before seeing my doctor next week. I haven't had a fill in several months now, mostly due to heartburn. I am taking meds now, but I am thinking my doctor will veto a fill due to that! Oh well...I need to do something.

I am too far away from my goal to be lazy with this band.

It seems a lot of VV's fell off of this site!! I can't help but wonder if they too are lurking...too ashamed to post? I hope not, but it is exactly how I was feeling. I got down to 211 and now....back up to 220! UGGG!!

Of course you can come back. We are glad to have you! From reading everyone else's posts I think it is quite common to slack off after a year or so, I know I did. Lets get back on the band wagon together and make this work.

Good luck to you!

want, welcome back. Of course you are welcome here - we are here to get the train a'rollin again. I guess what's going on with me is more common than I thought. It's just that the folks this was happening to just never showed back up. :mad2:

Me, I would still post, just not deal with it so much.

Thank you both. I guess what I forgot is that this band is a tool...it is not going to do the work for me. It came off so easily at first, ya know? Now I need to up the ante and work for it!

Hopefully we can get more VV's back here to work with us.

Things could be better here. I had my first post-pregnancy fill on Monday. I got 1cc. I wasn't unfilled at all during the pregnancy, so I'm about 7.5 or 8 cc total. I gained 20 lbs while I was pregnant and I've dropped about 14 lbs of that. I had dropped it all pretty quickly, but no fill and a lot of eating out/emotional eating put about 8 lbs back on in no time. I'm having a really hard time getting back on the band wagon, between not wanting to go to the grocery store to shop for decent food and the emotional eating. Bad habit, I know. This has been such a difficult time for the entire family. It doesn't help that I don't really feel any restriction from my fill either.

My DH and I are planning to participate in the March of Dimes March for Babies next month. It's a 3 mile walk, so I need to start walking and working out again to get ready for that. We're walking in memory of our sweet angel Sydney.

Things could be better here. I had my first post-pregnancy fill on Monday. I got 1cc. I wasn't unfilled at all during the pregnancy, so I'm about 7.5 or 8 cc total. I gained 20 lbs while I was pregnant and I've dropped about 14 lbs of that. I had dropped it all pretty quickly, but no fill and a lot of eating out/emotional eating put about 8 lbs back on in no time. I'm having a really hard time getting back on the band wagon, between not wanting to go to the grocery store to shop for decent food and the emotional eating. Bad habit, I know. This has been such a difficult time for the entire family. It doesn't help that I don't really feel any restriction from my fill either.

My DH and I are planning to participate in the March of Dimes March for Babies next month. It's a 3 mile walk, so I need to start walking and working out again to get ready for that. We're walking in memory of our sweet angel Sydney.

Jaime, it's so nice to see you back!

That being said, any kind of stress can seriously derail someone. Therefore I can completely understand where you are coming from. One of these days you are going to wake up again with that drive to do the bandster way. In the meantime I am here for you, as well as the rest of us I'm sure.

Hang in there. ((((((((Jaime)))))))))

Can I come back??

I also want to get on the accountability train!! I am too far away from my goal to be lazy with this band.

It seems a lot of VV's fell off of this site!! I can't help but wonder if they too are lurking...too ashamed to post? I hope not, but it is exactly how I was feeling. I got down to 211 and now....back up to 220! UGGG!!

Welcome back! We are always extending our arms to welcome new and returning memebers! I hope that seeing you return, that other lurkers may also be inspired to come back - there is no renewal fee, or punishment!!!

As for me, I need to post for my own peace of mind/stress relief/whatever...but you will know, I've had my challenges too! That's what makes this a great place...someone is sure to have had a similar experience, or give you a kick in the rear!!

I guess what's going on with me is more common than I thought. It's just that the folks this was happening to just never showed back up. :thumbup:

Me, I would still post, just not deal with it so much.

Love your new avatar, Lil Miss.

Things could be better here. I had my first post-pregnancy fill on Monday. I got 1cc.I'm having a really hard time getting back on the band wagon, between not wanting to go to the grocery store to shop for decent food and the emotional eating. Bad habit, I know. This has been such a difficult time for the entire family. My DH and I are planning to participate in the March of Dimes March for Babies next month. It's a 3 mile walk, so I need to start walking and working out again to get ready for that. We're walking in memory of our sweet angel Sydney.

I'm glad to see you back, Jaime; we all can understand your emotional eating at this time of great stress. You have been in my thoughts.

Welcome back, Wantit. Nice to have you.

Jaime. I totally understand your stress eating, I hope that your heart heals, but intil it does I could sympathize with how hard it is to live the lapband life. It takes motivation and a positive attitude and noone could blame you for being short on those right now. Don't be hard on yourself.

Love your new avatar, Lil Miss.

Thanks! :confused: