Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm going to make myself accountable here.

Excellent posts, LilMiss...although I was practicing my kicks in case they were needed!:wink2::mad2:

I didn't notice Water consumption on your journal. Is that an issue for you at all? If not, that's ok, but if it too is a challenge, then perhaps record that as well!

What about getting rid of those Oreo's all together - by throwing them out??

It does feel great to get out and walk - I am anxiously awaiting that time here! When in California, I was out walking by 7am in T-shirt and shorts - much to the amazement/curiosity of the residents who were in long pants, long sleeves and sweaters....WIMPS!!! But here, with temps still freezing, a walk outside isn't gonna happen!

Like a soap opera, I anxiously await tomorrow's installment of LilMiss's Band Journey (LBJ)

Day 1 is always the hardest. Today will be easier. Hang in there. Be proud of yourself.

Thanks StLG, for your continued encouragement!

Excellent posts, LilMiss...although I was practicing my kicks in case they were needed!:wink2::mad2:

I didn't notice Water consumption on your journal. Is that an issue for you at all? If not, that's ok, but if it too is a challenge, then perhaps record that as well!

What about getting rid of those Oreo's all together - by throwing them out??

It does feel great to get out and walk - I am anxiously awaiting that time here! When in California, I was out walking by 7am in T-shirt and shorts - much to the amazement/curiosity of the residents who were in long pants, long sleeves and sweaters....WIMPS!!! But here, with temps still freezing, a walk outside isn't gonna happen!

Like a soap opera, I anxiously await tomorrow's installment of LilMiss's Band Journey (LBJ)

So weird tap, I was just thinking about the Water - that if I should record it or not. The fact is, I have the at least 64 oz. thing down to a science and never fails. I make sure I drink 24 oz by noon, 24 oz. by 4PM (quitting time) - then another at least 20 oz. by bed time. Usually its about 34 oz.

I know you are right about the Oreos, they are outta here by tonight.

PS, I love it here in CA!

LilMiss - As your Water consumption isn't an issue, I wouldnt worry about recording it...you have enough to document as it is!

Sure, rub it in, about the weather.....:mad2:

Sure, rub it in, about the weather.....:mad2:

Tee%20Hee.jpg

March 12, 2009

Howdy do folks! Well it’s day 2 complete and starting on day 3. I think the tough part starts now.

Eating:

5am: Morning shake w/added Fiber, Vitamins and daily pills.< /span>

7:30am: Breakfast Bowl of Blueberry Special K. New flavor and very good!

10am: Small banana, then added a ½ bottle of Isopure. Still hungry.

11:30am: lunch, Safeway brand called Eating Right. Five-Grain Beef & Veggies.

1:30pm: snack, FF yogurt w/Special K crunches added in. (Got hungry early…)

5pm: El Pollo Loco chicken, with few bites of Beans, tortilla and some veggies.

6:45pm: Smart Ones single serving, Key lime Pie. It rocks!

Moods/Thoughts:

I got hungry quick after lunch. I’m thinking it might be a good idea to add a little something extra to that to fill me up more. Now that I’ve bumped up my exercise my body is burning of that fuel faster. I’m not really concerned; I just have to make sure I’m giving my body what it wants. When I’m hungry my body wants more food. I just need to make sure its good quality and what my body needs to survive. Nothing wrong with that!

I know for a fact I’m more than sufficiently tight. I have to eat very slowly and make sure I’m chewing my food really well. I think I also need to fill up on more solid Proteins. After dinner I was much satisfied with my meal. Anyway, I never want to get *too* tight. Even after 13 months of being banded I still struggle with the eating in a bandster way. I’m getting good at it though. So, today for a midmorning snack I brought along Almonds. A handful is usually enough to get me through a few hours until lunch, and its full of good fats, fiber and Protein. As long as I don’t over-do these little gifts of nature they are a very good alternative to liquids which the band has no control over and for the same amount of calories.

I also have to remember little tricks I’ve picked up over the years on curbing hunger. I can drink a SF cocoa, or black coffee. That usually will kill my hunger for a good 1.5 hours. Chewing gum also helps me to curb my hunger for awhile. *Please* keep in mind that if you’re reading this and your doctor advised you against chewing gum – DON’T! My doctor never advised against it, and I’m not in the business of swallowing it so I’m okay. LOL!!

I was only able to do 1.25 mile walk. I was sidetracked for a few minutes and my time ran too short to do two laps around the mile track. I’ll plan to do that for today.

Starting last night and all the way up until this morning I had a headache. Drinking my coffee this morning helped to alleviate it, which I may need more coffee later in the day too. I think I’m coming down off my sugar and it’s starting to affect me. I was expecting this and I’ll just have to deal. It’s working though because I’m obviously losing that Water retention. I don’t expect big numbers as far as my weight. Numbers like that won’t last too long – although it would be nice! LOL!!

Exercise:

12N: 1.25 mile walk.

6pm: 30 minutes Calisthenics (Arms & Legs)

Daily Weigh In:

251.6. -1.4 from yesterday and -3.7 running.

*looks over your day and nods head* That looks very good MissDiva. Keep it up.

Thanks! I'm trying... and so far I'm doing. :confused:

You are doing great Irene. Just don't give in to those sugar cravings. It will be tough for a few days but you can do it. The Cocoa and coffee and chewing gum are great ideas. I am onto Sassafras tea right now. It curbs my hunger pretty well. Comes in a bottle of concentrate that I just add hot Water to. It's a treat between bottles of plain water.

You are doing great Irene. Just don't give in to those sugar cravings. It will be tough for a few days but you can do it. The Cocoa and coffee and chewing gum are great ideas. I am onto Sassafras tea right now. It curbs my hunger pretty well. Comes in a bottle of concentrate that I just add hot Water to. It's a treat between bottles of plain Water.< /div>

Never heard of that, would I find that at the regular Grocer?

Thanks for the pep talk too! I love it!!

I get it in the tea section *by the instant tea* It's called "Pappy's Sassafras concnetrate instant tea". It's in a 12 ounce bottle with a green and yellow label.

Their website is www.sassafrastea.com

Excellent work LilMiss! Keep up the attitude!

Pre:band I chewed gum, but since then, only did it once, and never again...I'm a swallower, and that was NOT a good day! :scared2:Had the same reaction with gummie Vitamins (DH bought them thinking they would be a 'fun' way to ensure we both got our Vitamins)...um, nope, same reaction. Lesson learned, move on.....

coffee - absoutely a necessity for me.

Nuts........oh no, nuts.....I hear them calling me...Here tippy-tap, come on, one little nut won't hurt you......:confused::drool:

I get it in the tea section *by the instant tea* It's called "Pappy's Sassafras concnetrate instant tea". It's in a 12 ounce bottle with a green and yellow label.

Their website is www.sassafrastea.com

TYSM, gonna check it out next time i'm at the store. :w00t:

Excellent work LilMiss! Keep up the attitude!

Pre:band I chewed gum, but since then, only did it once, and never again...I'm a swallower, and that was NOT a good day! :scared2:Had the same reaction with gummie Vitamins (DH bought them thinking they would be a 'fun' way to ensure we both got our Vitamins)...um, nope, same reaction. Lesson learned, move on.....

coffee - absoutely a necessity for me.

Nuts........oh no, nuts.....I hear them calling me...Here tippy-tap, come on, one little nut won't hurt you......:confused::drool:

Thanks tap, I have to admit - this was probably the best thing I've done besides being banded for my WL Struggles. Public humiliation and those ever watchful eyes so far are keeping me in check.

Oh yeah, I love nuts! Can't have em at home because that is when I tend to want to snack the most. When I'm at work I don't think about snacking unless I feel hunger. So I bring them here and they are a great hunger reliever.

Lil Miss Irene,

You're doing great. You are brave. I have a hard enough time logging what I'm eating on thedailyplate.com, (I generally don't) I am definitely not brave enough to post it without any reservations like you are. Good for you, Sister!

March 13, 2009

Eating:

5am: ½ bottle of Isopure w/added fiber, Vitamins and daily pills.< /span>

7:30am: Breakfast Bowl of Frosted Shredded Wheat. Mixed StrawB & Cinnm.

10:30am: Small Banana, and a handful of almonds.

11:30am: lunch, Lean Cuisine Salisbury, Mashed & Gravy

2:30pm: snack, FF yogurt w/Special K crunches added in.

5pm: Small Taco, some rice & Beans.< /span>

6:30pm: Popcorn

8:30pm: RF Cheez-Its handful

Exercise:

12N: 2.25 mile walk.

6pm: 30 minutes stationery bike, 7.5 miles – up to 3 tension.

Daily Weigh In:

249.6. -2 from yesterday and -5.7 running.

Moods/Thoughts:

Well I wasn’t perfect. I ate after 7 and I had two Snacks after dinner. The first snack I just wanted. The second snack I was hungry and I needed to take medication that needed food to take with it. All things considered it really was the popcorn I shouldn’t have eaten. It wasn’t the healthier option, and I wasn’t even hungry when I ate it. Wow, now that I have processed it by writing it out I see the error. I was watching American Idol and got the urge to snack.

This is when I need to be especially careful, because that is my danger zone. I even went to the dietician and talked it over with her. She recognized it too, and gave me a list of things I should prefer to snack on, which was a piece of fruit or some carrot or celery. Hmmm… well the fact is I don’t mind those things. I just need to start following that plan. The problem is though, all work and no play makes Irene a dull girl. Should it be okay to indulge a little bit from time to time? I don’t know. I’ll let you be the judge. Popcorn isn’t really a trigger food of mine. I can eat some and still get back on the horse immediately. Things I consider my triggers are any kind of chips, potato or most especially Doritos. When I eat those I find it very hard to concentrate again on my destination.

I finally got that extra mile in! It felt so awesome!! It’s so great when I’m able to pass up the majority of other walkers out there. I almost make it a must. I also really hate it when I see many people passing me up. Granted they are really fit, but still! ;o) Give me some time and there won’t be a soul out there that can do that – unless they’re jogging or running. LOL!! Anyway, as always the workouts were a success.

Friday (today) and Sunday’s will only be a one workout per day, day. I simply don’t have the time to tack on that extra workout. I will give myself Saturday’s off. So that is the plan from here on. I think that system sounds good.

Okay, the Water is still coming off and can I get an AMEN?!! LOL!! Yeah, like I said, I don’t know how much longer that will last, but I’m enjoying it thoroughly. :thumbup: I love it during this time when your body reacts to all the good stuff your doing for it. I also want to add that this was such a great idea for me; I can’t even begin to tell you how much. It’s like that fire that left me so many months ago has returned and then some. Then there is that little Devil that lives on my shoulder whispering to me said this morning “Well you can just tell them you’re going to take the weekend off…” Of course I had to tell him, go sit on a tack! LOL!! I can’t let my friends down, besides I just started this thing. That isn’t a road I want to go down again. Ever again!