Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm going to make myself accountable here.

I expect all of you to rail me if I'm not doing the right thing!! Do you hear me?!?!

Holy Cow MAN!! I woke up and weighed myself and I was 255.2!!! :biggrin: WTF?? What is wrong with me? I feel so terrible, and I feel like a blasted failure... Okay, just so you know I had gotten all the way down to 227 Lbs. Then I fell off, and when I say fell off, I MEAN WAYYYYY OFF!! I could just feel the blood drain out of my face... dammit!

I keep going up and down, up and down. I'll get back down to the low 240's, then I'll forget all about what I was doing and the slider are right back in my mouth and my scale is climbing back up again. But this is ridiculous. I haven't been this weight since right after surgery when I blew right past the 250's. So... today... right here and RIGHT FREAKIN NOW THIS IS GOING TO STOP!

So, I'm looking to you my VV sisters to look after me, pick me up and give me that swift kick in the ass that I so desperately need right now. Why? Because, I'M NOT A FAILUREOR GOING TO MAKE MY BAND A WASTE!

This right here is going to be my daily diary. ...and when I say daily, I mean every dang day. If I miss a day, I expect you to send me email or whatever to say, "Hey WTH are you?" You know...

I'm going to write to let you all know what I ate for the day, what exercises I did - did I slip up? Did I have a great day? How much did I weigh that morning... anything and all information pertaining to my weight loss is going to be right here.

That it ladies... I'M OWNING UP!

Good for you Irene. I will check in here daily to help you out. Now, KICK!!! followed by a hug. This is a hard journey and obviously not without it's ups and downs. Just don't be too hard on yourself. Just move forward with your chin up high and you will be successful!

Eating: I will keep a food journal. It will be simple. I will just list what I ate/drank for the day. I won’t add up calories, fat, carbs or whatever – I just want you to see what I’m eating, and for me to own up to anything I shouldn’t eat. I personally don’t have the time to add up all that stuff anyway. I will list the time of day of my last snack or meal. I want to ensure I’m not eating past 7 PM my time.

Moods: I will write down how I felt for the day. Or if I had any ups or downs. I think this will help you and I figure out why I keep slipping backwards. We’ll see about that.

Exercise: I will keep a log of what exercises I did for the day. I would like to do a little something at least twice per day for six days a week.

Daily Weigh In: I weigh myself every day, once a day. I do this when I first wake up, in my nightshirt and undies after the morning potty time. TMI? Sorry, I just want to give you an idea that my weigh in are as true as can be. Our weight can fluctuate even during the day. I will also post any weigh-ins at the Dr. office visits or otherwise.

These will be the four main factors in my posts every single day until I get right – and perhaps even beyond. All I know is that something has to change. That something has got be me. Simply put.

I don’t care, whatever is on your mind you tell me. However, I’m not really looking for the canned responses I hear over and over. Like, the band is only a tool… yadda3. KWIM? I’m looking for advice, a nice jolt of reality, whatever…

It’s on.

Good for you Irene. I will check in here daily to help you out. Now, KICK!!! followed by a hug. This is a hard journey and obviously not without it's ups and downs. Just don't be too hard on yourself. Just move forward with your chin up high and you will be successful!

Thank you so much hon! You have no idea how much that meant to me. I instantly smiled! Yes, please check in on me. I need as much support as I can get.

It's really hard though, not to be so hard on myself. I went to all the trouble of SURGERY to lose weight, and right now my biggest hurdle is simply MYSELF... I don't know how else to put that.

Thanks for the *kick* LOL!!

LilMiss. That sounds good. I started keeping a food journal myslef last week, and it really helps to make you pay attention to what you are putting in your mouth.

Exercise. Its a proud moment to write that stuff down and look at it later. I think that is an excellent idea.

Get in the ZONE!

I'm in...

I'll check in and see how things are going for you and give you both a kick in the butt and a hug for keeping going.

I agree with ReadySteady - when I track the workouts I do, it keeps me going to the gym. I like to see that I can do more miles in less time than I could a few months ago...

Even though progress is sometimes slow.

They always say the first step to fixing a problem is to admit there is a problem. You are on the right track Irene. You can do this. Pretend last year didn't happen and start fresh from the start, getting back to basics, measuring food if you have to and then writing it down. You have a good plan now work your plan. I'm proud of you.

I had to do much the same as you did so I think there are a lot of us in your boat. Just call it the one year blah's and move on.

Take care. See you tomorrow.

HANG IN THERE!!! I am just now starting this journey and I can only imagine how hard it may be. Just know that you have made a great accomplishment to be where you are, to have taken this big step. Support is the main thing. just lean on those around you, always have friends who will encourage and understand your daily tribulations. If you would like a friend- you can chat with me anytime. :biggrin:

Well LilMiss, Nothing like a personal challenge to motivate not only yourself, but others as well. And, never fear, if you REALLY want someone to kick your butt....:thumbup:

I commend your intent to do exercise 2X/day 6 days/week. This is something I could never do, but wish I could. I will stick with a minimum of 4 days/week as my goal, and everything above that is bonus!

So, I will wait to see your posting for today.......

March 11, 2009

Good morning everyone! Wow, thanks so much for all the support. You all are so awesome! Xoxo

Eating: Yesterday was an excellent day! Here goes:

5am: Morning shake w/added Fiber, Vitamins and daily pills.< /span>

7:30am: Breakfast Bowl of banana Nut Cheerios. New flavor and very good!

10am: Small Banana

11:30am: lunch, Safeway brand called Eating Right. Very good!

3pm: snack, FF yogurt w/Special K crunches added in. Yum!

5pm: dinner ½ PotPie and few bites of rice.

6:45pm: Smart Ones single serving strawberry Shortcake.

Moods/Thoughts: I did great and I did great! I eat very small portions throughout the day when I’m hungry. Every time I ate today it was because I felt hunger. Yes, real hunger – growling hunger. Except once, which was my final snack. I ate it before my 7pm cutoff – so I’m proud of that. I have some Oreo’s in my house. Blah… I looked over at them and thought, “Should I eat those”? Well what was the first thing I thought about afterward? It was that I would have to disclose it here. Wow, I can’t even tell you how quickly I looked away and said, not worth it!

I also stuck with my exercise plans for the day. I can’t tell you how much this really perks up my mood. I LOVE to do it when I’m doing it. It’s when I let more than one extra day go by that I get that feeling that I don’t WANT to do it. Anyway, the weather here has been so excellent and Sunshiny. It’s pretty nippy first thing in the morning, but once noon breaks it’s perfect for that walk!

Keep in mind that I can only do much when it comes to this type of activity. I was recently diagnosed with arthritic knees… which were kind of a mood killer for me. I was just starting to really get into running. There is no hope for that anymore, as well as any activity on the treadmill. So, I’ll just do my brisk walks outside and enjoy that just as much! I’m used to doing 2.25 miles during my lunch hour and plan to pick that up as of today. We’ll see.

This really works!

Exercise:

12N: 1.25 mile walk.

6pm: 30 minutes stationery bike, 7.5 miles – up to 3 tension (the knees!)

Daily Weigh In:

253. Yes I said 253. LOL!! That’s a -2.3 from yesterday. Starting tomorrow I will keep a running total.

LilMiss. That sounds good. I started keeping a food journal myslef last week, and it really helps to make you pay attention to what you are putting in your mouth.

Exercise. Its a proud moment to write that stuff down and look at it later. I think that is an excellent idea.

Get in the ZONE!

Ready, I’ve always known this could work, but for some reason I’ve never wanted to do it. Not sure why, but I think the real reason is I just wasn’t ready. I better be ready now, because I’m accountable. In the ZONE ready or not!! LOL!!

I'm in...

I'll check in and see how things are going for you and give you both a kick in the butt and a hug for keeping going.

I agree with ReadySteady - when I track the workouts I do, it keeps me going to the gym. I like to see that I can do more miles in less time than I could a few months ago...

Even though progress is sometimes slow.

Ta, thank you so much for joining in! I really need all the butt kicking and back patting I can get. This is so great!

They always say the first step to fixing a problem is to admit there is a problem. You are on the right track Irene. You can do this. Pretend last year didn't happen and start fresh from the start, getting back to basics, measuring food if you have to and then writing it down. You have a good plan now work your plan. I'm proud of you.

I had to do much the same as you did so I think there are a lot of us in your boat. Just call it the one year blah's and move on.

Take care. See you tomorrow.

StLG, Truer words have never been spoken, seriously. I have to just let go of the past now, and move on. I publicly humiliated myself as a punishment for what I failed to do last year. With that, now is my second chance to change. I can already feel that change. Thanks for the encouragement!!

HANG IN THERE!!! I am just now starting this journey and I can only imagine how hard it may be. Just know that you have made a great accomplishment to be where you are, to have taken this big step. Support is the main thing. just lean on those around you, always have friends who will encourage and understand your daily tribulations. If you would like a friend- you can chat with me anytime.

Tricky, that is true. I, even though I had a setback have still come a long way. The great thing about the band is that, for the last 7 months I have not really even been trying to care. Now, pre-band that would have gotten me right back to where I REALLY started. That being 330+ Lbs! But here I am, still smaller than I have been in over a decade. Nothing to sneeze at, that’s for sure. At least the band helps to keep you in check for the most part until you wake up one day and realize you need to get back on that journey. You are welcome here anytime to chime in! I’ll adopt you myself to a VV :thumbup:

Well LilMiss, Nothing like a personal challenge to motivate not only yourself, but others as well. And, never fear, if you REALLY want someone to kick your butt....

I commend your intent to do exercise 2X/day 6 days/week. This is something I could never do, but wish I could. I will stick with a minimum of 4 days/week as my goal, and everything above that is bonus!

So, I will wait to see your posting for today.......

Tap! There you are, was wondering… LOL! I am wholeheartedly open to anyone who would like to not only watch my progress but to join in. The more the merrier! Now, get on that exercise bandwagon. :tt1: Surprisingly exercise has never really been one of my biggest challenges. Even though I said I wasn’t trying, I would always make sure I was doing some kind of physical activity. Maybe limited and more sparse than should be for someone trying to lose, but I did do it none the less.

I couldn't either, but I could try harder to get my three times a week in.

RSG, you can do it! Once you do it for awhile, your body starts to rely on it. I’ve been exercising for a good 5 years now. It’s just as much a part of my life as is eating and drinking Water to live, or going to work to make money for that food and drink.

You feeling strong today, Irene?

SHM, yes!! Thanks for checking in on me! :tt1:

Wow, that was weird... it split some of your quotes in half. LOL! That was not intentional.

Day 1 is always the hardest. Today will be easier. Hang in there. Be proud of yourself.