Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

load noise from throat, stomach noise

:confused:My Throat and stomach are always making stange noises. It is always embarrassing. I feel I can only eat in a load restaurant where nobody will notice the sound. I'm so stressed when I go to see a play or at something else where it's quiet. I always have to remember not to eat a thing. It's just not worth the embarrassment to me. People will look over at me to see where the stange noise is coming from. Is this an issue for others? Does anyone know what is wrong with me?

I am dying to hear what this is caused by as I just started having the exact same problem. I also have a dull pain in my between my shoulder blades, but not sure if it is related? I have had Fluid taken out of my band the past 2 visits so I don't think it is because I am full?

I hope someone has an answer for this because my stomach was making noises loud enough yesterday that my DH asked wow are you hungry or what! How embarrassing :confused:

i only get it sometimes, like when i overdo it. I am not sure what it is, but like I said, it only happens sometimes, but yes, very embarrassing and hard to explain especially because I havent annonced to the world that I have the band

I have this problem too! It is terrible! I notice it more right after I have a fill. I am really embarrassed to eat around anyone.

I had this problem in the beginning and was also embarrassed about it. I didn't want to eat anywhere but at home . . . and not rush out of the house immediately after. I even found that drinking Water would cause "noises" to start, lol.

Anyway, if it is any consolation, this issue went away. I think part of it was that my body got used to the changes and the other part was that you learn how to get the air to flow better without noise.

That probably sounds corny, but what I mean is, I can do tiny internal burps that don't make noise but release a little air so that it doesn't build up and come out in a noisy way, lol. It is like releasing air from the upper pouch into the back of your throat in very small increments. I can't explain how to do this, but just practice trying and you can probably figure it out.

Perhaps another veteran bander might like to chime in on how to do this??? I am sure I am not the only one, lol.

I went to the doctor. my band was done in 02. At that time they only secured it in 4 places. Now they do it in 7-8 places. I will have an upper G.I. on Friday to see if the band has slipped. Maybe this is the answer to the noise issue. The nurse heard it today and agreed that it would be a problem eating and drinking in public. Thanks for your comments.

Well, I think I am having the noise because I am too tight. I am going to have some removed today and see if it helps.

My stomach has always been noisy and I have not noticed any changes with that execpt the extra gases from both ends of the digestive track and being a guy I don't really care much about the noises. My wife has given up complaining (after 38 years) about the noises and just puts up with it. I just excuse myself if needed (not alone).