Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

*Susan* revision from band to sleeve

Thanks Susan. I remember when you thought it was infected. Mine is yellow, not green, but like you said, I don't think it's an infection.

Your welcome, Daisy.

I can't believe it has been over a month since I got my sleeve. This is the best thing that has ever happened to me. My family are very much a meat and potatoes kind of family. I used to be as well. They were commenting last night how when I fix my plate, I now completely bypass the potatoes. I am only able to eat a few bites of food, and don't want to waste that on potatoes. I need the hard Protein and the veges, and crave that more than anything. It is surprising because I especially used to love to load my plate up with a huge helping of mashed potatoes covered in gravy. Now, it doesn't even appeal to me.

That is so great! With the band I always ate the veggies first even though we were told to eat Protein first. If I at the protein first, I had no room for veggies and that was not okay with me.

I can't wait to get off clears!

My incision was completely closed up last night. I washed it with the wash cloth with hot Water and it opened again.I was glad I think it's too early for it to completely close. It's a week today.

Your welcome, Daisy.

I can't believe it has been over a month since I got my sleeve. This is the best thing that has ever happened to me. My family are very much a meat and potatoes kind of family. I used to be as well. They were commenting last night how when I fix my plate, I now completely bypass the potatoes. I am only able to eat a few bites of food, and don't want to waste that on potatoes. I need the hard Protein and the veges, and crave that more than anything. It is surprising because I especially used to love to load my plate up with a huge helping of mashed potatoes covered in gravy. Now, it doesn't even appeal to me.

Susan,

About how much food are you able to get down at a meal? I am not eating much and staying full for a long time.

I can eat about four or five small bites and that is it. I have to remind myself to eat, because I am just not hungry either.

On a depressing note, I have reached a stall in my weight loss. I am sure it is only temporary, but I have not lost anything this week.

I can eat about four or five small bites and that is it. I have to remind myself to eat, because I am just not hungry either.

On a depressing note, I have reached a stall in my weight loss. I am sure it is only temporary, but I have not lost anything this week.

I don't think you stalled. I think you finally got hydrated from all you went through. I know I was badly dehydrated and lost nothing for a week but then lost another pound and a half. I bet it takes until getting on through the 4 week post-op diet before our bodies adjust to the "new" way of eating and start shedding the pounds.

Susan, I am asking you the same thing I asked Elizabeth.

What did you eat on full liquids? I know I can have Soup but most of them are such high caloried and not much Protein. Do you have any suggestions for full liquids?

Full liquids includes things like yogurt and FAGE yogurt is high in Protein.< /p>

I had a lot of special "bariatric" foods for that time including protein Soups. Or you can add protein to your soups.

What's the name of the unflavored Protein Powder you are using?

I don't think you stalled. I think you finally got hydrated from all you went through. I know I was badly dehydrated and lost nothing for a week but then lost another pound and a half. I bet it takes until getting on through the 4 week post-op diet before our bodies adjust to the "new" way of eating and start shedding the pounds.

That's true. Plus, I just realized it is PMS week, and I usually tend to retain. Hopefully next week I will see a change.

Susan, I am asking you the same thing I asked Elizabeth.

What did you eat on full liquids? I know I can have Soup but most of them are such high caloried and not much Protein. Do you have any suggestions for full liquids?

I ate a lot of creamed Soups. The fact that they were in high in calories didn't bother me because I couldn't eat very much. Even now, I am struggling to hit 600 calories a day. I also made a lot of Protein Shakes, I liked the Peanut Butter one I got from Netrition and the whey Gourmet Cookies and cream one. I also made smoothies and put the unflavored Unjury in them.

I am using GNC brand unflavored Protein powder. I have the Whey Gourmet Peanut Butter and chocolate and I like that. WasA told me that the protein powder gets lumpy if it gets warm. I could go to my Dr.'s office and buy some protein Soup.< /p>

I went out to lunch with my daughter today and have been sick ever since. I thought I could have soup but the only soup they had was cream of potato. I spit the potatoes out but whatever the cream of part was made out of, apparently made me sick . It must be that lactose intolerance you are all speaking of. I have had horrible gas pains that are doubling me over. I am passing gas but not nearly enough compared to all the rumbling that's going on in my abdomen. I am going to stick with Protein Shakes for now.

I bought some of that soy slender Elizabeth talked about and it's good. I made a Protein Shake out of that with the peanut butter/choc. and it was good.

That is so great! With the band I always ate the veggies first even though we were told to eat Protein first. If I at the protein first, I had no room for veggies and that was not okay with me.

Lol, I always always do this. In my mind, vegetables are the most important food group. All colours, all those Vitamins, minerals and anti oxidants, I think they're way MORE important than protein, which most of us will get enough of without even trying. But virtually nobody, banded or unbanded gets enough vegies.

Glad everyone is healing up, going well and enjoying success, although I hope that passes soon Oregondaisy.

I admit, my first bite is often of veggies. I want to make sure I get some in! Then I eat a bunch of Protein and then when I start to fill up, I finish with veggies.

My surgeon is okay with this. He even recommends that people use protein supplements so that they can eat more veggies with their meals and still get in all their protein.

Lol, I always always do this. In my mind, vegetables are the most important food group. All colours, all those Vitamins, minerals and anti oxidants, I think they're way MORE important than Protein, which most of us will get enough of without even trying. But virtually nobody, banded or unbanded gets enough vegies.

Glad everyone is healing up, going well and enjoying success, although I hope that passes soon Oregondaisy.

About how much protein to you take in per day? I don't come close to 60-70 grams/day but my blood work is all normal and I feel fine.

I am not having any trouble getting all the Protein in. I was drinking 4 drinks with 20 grams each when I was so hungry. Yesterday I had only 2 but then I remembered I needed more, so in the evening I had some protein hot chocolate.< /p>

I dont specifically count Protein Elizabeth, nor do protein first. But naturally, with all the people on here who do, I get curious. So every now and again I will roughly tote it up in my head. I have always been over 50 grams, more usually about 60.

It seems plenty for me - I've lost weight, I have muscle, I dont have any trouble with hunger, etc and my hair, nails, skin and general health are all good. I can get that just by eating normally.

I think you've just got to see what works with your body, as 60 grams a day isnt high by standards here. But however unfashionable it is, my body likes a carb based diet and lots of cardio, it's what makes me look and feel best, more so than lots of protein and strength training. And i have plenty of muscle and not too much fat, so I guess I'll keep doing it that way.

However, by WLS standards - I'm a big eater. I never dropped below 1500 cal/cup sized servings and I eat about the same now to maintain, so its not hard to eat all my protein. Much harder when you're eating half that, definitely requires more focus.