Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Theme parks post surgery

I am still in my fact finding phase and my question is this: after your lap band are you able to ride jarring/jerky rides (ie roller coasters, simulator rides)? My family goes to Disney every year and I am wondering if there will need to modifications for me in what I ride.

No issues here. I have never heard of that being a problem at all. The only issue you'll find that you have is... you'll fit into the seats better! :laugh:

Yes. After you've had the band, most of us are told we can't have carbonation any more (but some still drink sodas or beer). After the band some people have some foods they can't eat. I've had 5 fills and can still eat anything, but I have to take small bites and chew well. You gave more control than you realize, because you with guidance from your surgeon, decide how tight you want the band to be. Most aim for this: Full for up to 5-6 hours on 1/2 to 1 cup of food. Otherwise, there's really no restriction. Some are told not to use straws, but others they aren't an issue. Some are told to avoid caffeine, others aren't. Some diet, others just watch what they eat. Most of us at least try to get some exercise in; it helps weight loss and maintenance. But activities including sky diving and deep sea diving...nothing is off limits. The band is marvelous.

I am still in my fact finding phase and my question is this: after your lap band are you able to ride jarring/jerky rides (ie roller coasters, simulator rides)? My family goes to Disney every year and I am wondering if there will need to modifications for me in what I ride.

Yeah I was wondering about this too. I like roller coasters and was wondering if the shoulder harness would press on the port and cause any pain or if the jarring would just be bad for it? Anyone else have any info on this?

Jen

Yes you can ride roller coasters just fine!

I am very excited to hear that its ok to ride roller coasters. I am taking my daughter to Disney World this August!!:confused:

We had better be able to!

I'm surprised by the number of people who list "riding the rollercoaster" to be on their to do lists after weight loss. Mine included! No more watching from the sidelines for me!