Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

or NONSCALE VICTORIES...there is a thread like this in the 20s support area but I know everyone in Alabama is not in their 20s.

I think this is a good way to show ourselves what our band has done for us so I decided to start the thread on our Local Alabama support thread!!!

I'll share some of mine:

1. When I got my hair cut the other day and they put on that awful black cape....I didn't have a double chin!!!:thumbup:

2. ALL my bathing suits from last year I just tried on this morning (bc my husband insisted that I have plenty of things to swim in for FL) ALL TOO big...not to mention I put on a pair of Khakis that I bought 2yrs ago...was never able to wear...they fit perfectly...

3. For the first time in I dont know when XL is TOO big...I got to buy shirts last week in size LARGE

4. My neighbor whom we rarely see was walking up the street and she said OMG what have you done with Kanina you look GREAT!!!!

5. I just FEEL better!!:laugh:

SO share everybody!!!!!!!!!!

well nsv lets see

1. for the first time i havent got anything to wear because its all to big.

2. i had to down size 4 sizes in pants in my work unforums, instead of upsizing.

3. i can look down from standing up and see my feet.lol i know.

4. i put my seat belt on the other day in my truck and i didnt have to pull it all the way out to buckle up.

5. i can play for hours with the kids outside and not be dead afterwards.

6. i dont have to take my blood pressure meds anymore.

i could go on......

thanks kaninag, i really needed this i feel better now.

:laugh::party:YAY!!!!

OK now I KNOW alabamians have NSVs!!!!!????

Not banded until 4/6 but have preband victories.

1. Lost over 40 pounds

2. 48 pants to a 44

3.4x shirt to some 2x (depends on how made)

4.more energy

I know it's a hard road but i also know the best is yet to come.

CONGRATS TO ALL OF US!!!!!

Just recieved my preop diet and all they told me to do was not to smoke and drink alcohol.

Do you smoke? I'd just quit now..... (I'm not being mean just trying to help!!!)I can give you my whole nursing perspective on smoking if you want :w00t: It really prohibits healing and with the band its all about a new you so just go ahead and add nonsmoker to your NSV list...lol that is if you even smoke :thumbup:

I did not see this thread until last night. So I wanted to think about some of my NSV's.

1. More confidence

2. Going out to eat and not worrying about fitting in a booth

3. Going from a 24 in jeans to a 16 (and some of them are getting baggy).

4. Just feeling better. I used to always feel lousy and tired and not want to go anywhere, now you cannot keep me at home!

5. More to come =)

got a new one tonight. me and the wife and kaninag and her husband went out to eat and they sat us in a very small booth. i was like now way i was going to fit in it. but i did! i was so happy about it. i didnt have to suck it in to sit down and i was comfortable to boot!

i know this is small to some people but its a big one to me.

:):success1:OK and on top of that it was like an EXTRA small booth too!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:):success1:OK and on top of that it was like an EXTRA small booth too!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes it was. and thanks :eek:

New NSV for me. Dropped a pant size in the last month! Yeah!!!!!!

congrtas andy!

*When I was skinny ppl would always tell me how young I looked I guess the fatter I got the old looking I got...well the other day a coworker that I have only seen once asked me how old I was I said 26 he said honey you look like youre about 16 years old..I was floored...THANKS I said.

*I get looked at more. At first I thought my zipper was undone or my bra was showing thru, nope Im good. Not used to that at all and it really makes me feel uncomfortable.

*My butt fits nicely in my car seat now:) (I have a SRT4 with wanna be racing seats so theyre a snug fit to hold you in)

*OH I almost forgot, I had to by a new bathingsuit this year because mine from last year-WAY TOO big hung on me like a rag doll :)

*My husbands mom has really never said anything to me about how I look like I have lost weight or anything, she was over recently for Zachs bday and it was awesome outside so we put on our swimmies and Im walking down the back porch and shes like turn around for me. OH my goodness you have lost SO much weight you look great :sad:

*I have more energy!!!