Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, went for my third fill today. I was very nervous as the last time he was unable to access my port due to what he says is scar tissue. Same thing happened today. He, of course, said that this is very unusual and has never happened before, but he still couldn't access the port. He is certain the port has not flipped, but he poked and prodded and couldn't access it. So, I'm doomed to wait another week and get the fill done under the fluoro. It will cost me $300. Fortunately, I have the money, but I am very disheartened by this. My mind keeps jumping to...what if the port really is flipped? Or he can't access it even under xray? What will I do then? Will I have to have another surgery? I have had no restriction for 2 months and am just sooooooo frustrated! I knew that this was not going to be easy, but I did not expect any of this!

I'm so sorry that you're having such a problem with your port. I really hope you're able to get it resolved once they see what's going on with it next week. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

That's bizarre. I know my port is flipped, but my surgeon still manages to do fills and unfills. And last time (just yesterday) I said...WHat if it flips all the way around? What if you can't fill it? And he said "don't worry. I WILL be able to do fills on you" and I said "With a big curvey fish-hook type needle?" and he lauged and said no. He said...don't worry. This is part of my job... I'll always be able to do fills for you. ??? I didn't ask him "what about if I get scar tissue"...I wish I had. I'm sure you are frustrated. Do you trust him? If not, maybe you should find a new doc?

Yeah...he is a well respected surgeon in the area and really knows his stuff. Of course I would be the person with the odd thing that has never happened before. I just want to get a fill and not have to worry about things and have some restriction again! I just hope he can fill it under the xray!

if you trust him then odds are it's exactly as he says. Good luck...I hope you get your fill. If it were me I'd probably agitate to have him "fix" it! :rolleyes:

<snip> Of course I would be the person with the odd thing that has never happened before. <snip>

You're not the only one. Mine MOVES!! Yep. Moves. It's not flipped. He's never had a problem accessing it. BUT he (and I when I try it at home) can move it around. I asked him if it's just moving down b/c of the WL, I've heard of that happening. He said nope and moved it around with his fingers. It's not my abdomen moving either. Strangest thing. He says he's never seen that before. He's not worried til he can't access it, then we'll deal with it.

I hope all goes well with the fluoro appt.! Best wishes!

Do you have the Realize band? The port is completely different with that band, or so I have heard.

I am sure he will be able to access it with fluoro. It gives him an exact picture of the port. He should be able to see what the problem is.

I don't have the Realize band. He says that he can feel it, just can't determine if what he is feeling is scar tissue or the edge of the port. I'm going to just try to not worry about it until the fluoro. However, right now I have a bruise and a tender spot from all of his poking around.