Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

counting calories????

Hi,

Question for you all....are any of you counting your caloric intake and do you deduct calories burned from exercise from your daily totals???

Thx

I count calorie intake but do not compute alories burned. I just like to know here I am at with whats going in

I count calories on occasion. Just to get an idea of how many calories I am eating a day. I do this about once or twice a week. Other than that I pretty much eat what I want, I just try to make better choices. I have found that if I do not eat enough calories my weight loss really slows down.

I never subtract calories burned, I just don't keep up with calories that often.

I don't count calories. I've done that OVER and OVER in my 54 years and it got me to 405 pounds at age 53. I get obsessed with food and what can I eat and when and how much and what if I am hungry and have eaten it "all" for the day and on and on. So no counting for this broad.

There's a danger in couting your activity unless you do it right.

Well the nutritionist told me to eat between 700-900 a day, I have on had two fills and I am starving. I work out 5 times a week burning 400-500 calories a session. Thats why I wanted to know if anyone else is deducting amount burned from their intake.

Well, I'm not a nutritionist but it looks to me like that if you are exercising that much, you definitely need to up your calorie intake. Your metabolism will slow down at too low a calorie intake and will drastically slow down the weight loss. You should visit with your nutritionist again and make sure she knows how much exercise you are getting.

Regarding counting your calories, research shows that those who keep track of what they eat in some way have more sustained weight loss. There are many websites geared toward helping in this logging such as CalorieKing.com. I would recommend that you check those out.

Well the nutritionist told me to eat between 700-900 a day, I have on had two fills and I am starving. I work out 5 times a week burning 400-500 calories a session. Thats why I wanted to know if anyone else is deducting amount burned from their intake.

Check out this website www.dailyplate.com You can track your calorie intake as well as calories burned. It can be a real eye opener when you track your food! I am not a nutritionist, but IMO you are not getting enough calories.

Good luck to you.

Just for me personally, if I eat below 1000 calories my weight loss slows down considerably. When I eat about 1200 calories I lose faster. That is just me, I KNOW EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT. I feel that with less than 1000 calories my body goes into starvation mode which in turn makes it hold onto the weight.

IMO, you have to learn your body and what works best for it....as well as follow your doctors instructions.

What would it hurt to play around a little with your calorie intake to see what is right for you? Now in saying that I in no way mean to go eat 3000 calories!!!