Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Lap Band Buddy / Mentor Big Fat LOSER

:crying: I was banded a year ago last Friday. Whoopee. I thought I would have lost at least 40 lbs. or so by now but, NOT.. As of today I have lost 23 lbs. At first the weight was falling off but then I hit a plateau for 3 months and then I started to gain again. The frustration I feel is debilitating. I have severe arthritis in my knees and back. Recently I was diagnosed with severe fibromylagia as well. Exercise is extremly painful. I am now seeing a physical therapist once a week for some streching but that is about it. My biggest problem is the defeat I feel constantly. I have been overweight for close to 25 years now. I have tried every diet in the book as I assume most of you had. I thought Lap Band would be different. I am to the point that alot of food gets stuck and I vomit. I haven't had a fill for over 2 months now because of the Dr. I have. She could not be more rude and un attentive if she tried. SO, AGAIN I am a loser. Nothing works for me. I have surgery and I can't even lose weight. I felt so bad today I just stayed in my jammies all day. Oh and I ate 8 Cookies, those went down just fine. If anyone has any ideas of what I can do to jumpstart my pathetic lose I would appreciate it. This Mom needs help. :)

You are not a loser! Except for 23 pounds.

I have been banded for 5 years. I would love to be your buddy. You can email me privately if you wish at roblynn54@yahoo.com

I also have fibromyalgia as well as Rheumatoid Arthritis. I admit I don't exercise much, but the doctors all say it will actually help you if you do.

Describe how you feel now with your current fill: too tight, just right, too loose? Can you eat a bandster portion and be satisfied with it for 4 hours? Can you eat solid Protein without throwing up? Are you limited to liquids and soft things? (signs of being too tight) What do you eat for Breakfast, lunch and dinner? How much Water are you getting in?

Many people are upset with slow weight loss. Lets find out what the reason is.

Robin

Robin, Wow thank-you, there are people out there who care. First off I have never been full on a bandster's portion. Sometimes, not always food will get stuck in my throat and I will have to vomit, but I am not full. It seems like I can't get full on small portions. I don't eat alot at meals and I always concentrate on the Protein first, but I have always thought I could eat much more than I should be able to. So what does this mean? I tell the Dr. every time I see her but she doesn't seem to get it or care. I lost so well at first but it seemed like as soon as I could really eat again it stopped. My exercise was better in the beginning but I would hurt so bad I had to slow down. That is what lead me to the physical therapy. You said you also have Fibromyalgia, what do you take to relieve the pain? I WILL e-mail you so we can talk more in depth. My e-mail address is missvicki777@hotmail.com. Again thanks Robin, I could really use a buddy. :)

Vicki, I think you need another fill. 6cc's isn't a lot in a 10cc band. You should be eating Breakfast, lunch and dinner. 45-60 grams of Protein per day (20 grams per meal) and 1/2 cup of veggies. No drinking once you start eating. You just wash the food down.

Breakfast: scrambled eggs with a Tbs of cottage cheese (makes them fluffy) or a yogurt or string cheese, or Protein shake if you are too tight.

Lunch: tuna with lite mayo, onions, pickels on whole wheat cracker. or I like the BBQ Pork from costco (its moister) or a cup of chili.

Dinner: 3-4 oz chicken breast with veggies.

Salads sometimes get me stuck. Depends on the time of day and the lettuce.

Put the food on your plate, set the timer for 20 min. Eat slowly, chew, when the timer goes off, you are done eating.

Hope this helps

Robin

i, too have fibromyalgia and have had it for decades. also 10 knee operations and an artificial knee. If you are so sore you cannot exercise, may i suggest something? get into the pool. nothing hurts in the Water. your muscles get warm and the strength you gain is amazing. find classes that you can try out - most places will let you try a class for free. most of the others there are there because they cannot tolerate anything else and they love it. there are many medically programmed classes for specific ailments. it is something i found so worthwhile. the worse i feel, the more i want to be in the water where nothing hurts, i can move and get strong. it takes a committment and it takes some scheduling issues but it works and it works so well i can't begin to tell you. don't think about what you look like, think about what you feel like. i wish you the best and don't give up no matter what.