Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone try vibration therapy - amazing!

I went to the tanning salon last night because I'm low in Vitamin D and there hasn't been sunshine here in the midwest since I don't know when. After I was finished, I saw a strange platform by the wall and asked about it. The girl let me try it out. You stand on it for 11 minutes and move your feet to different numbers when it says. She said that the manager lost nine pounds by doing it for seven days straight. I thought, sure - another gimmick. Well, I've been reading about it and it is supposed to help with all sorts of things - the Russian cosmonots used it after losing bone density in space. It is supposed to improve balance and I have a bad problem with that since a car accident. I got on the scale this morning and two pounds were gone. Very strange. It's free right now so I'm going to do it again. When I find out the price, I might have to stop but who knows. I felt good when I got home.

Anyone else try this? I need opinions.

I haven't tried it, but after your post I was intrigued. I read up a little on it and it sounds interesting. It does claim to help with bone density as well as muscle tone, coordination and weight loss. I don't know of any place near me offering it. Please post back if you continue to use it and get results.

I did it again today and copied the name of the machine down. It's a Proellixe Vibration and the website that explains it is Proellixe: Oscillating Vibration Platform [PRO5001] - $10,000.00 : P-Ryton Corporation, Salon & Medspa Equipment Since 1968

I know there are home units that cost less than $300 - not sure if they do the same thing or not but the website says this one costs $10,000. No wonder they want to charge $100 a month to do this. So far, I've gotten it for free. Thinking about applying for a part time job there - stuff is really discounted or free.

This reminds me of a Betty Boop cartoon I saw a long time ago. I'm not counting anything out though. Keep us posted :confused:

I have used a machine like that. It was a platform and used sonic sounds to vibrate. It did jiggle all the muscles so I guess you could loose a little weight with it. It reminded me of the old machines they used to have in the gyms that had belts that went around you and vibrated only this did your whole body.

I just saw that on the Tyra Show. I am pretty sure that was the TV show it was on. Looks interesting. A girl got on it and I dont remember how much weight she lost but they weighed here at the end of the show and she had lost I think like .6...

Well, after I posted, I took the doggies on a walk. I have not jogged or ran in many many years - fibromyalgia, bad back, neck, knees. I have to schedule a knee replacement this summer. The dogs wanted to go faster so I guess I started jogging/slow running and didn't even realize it until we had gone a little way - then I was shocked - I'm jogging? My knee hurt like heck but I could do it for a little while. Was it because that vibration thingy loosened something up? I am still amazed.