Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

English lady, banded on Sunday

Hello!

I was banded on Sunday and am going through lots of emotions, mostly 'what have I done', because I am feeling very swollen and sore in my abdomen, have a pain in my shoulder and a' blocked feeling' in my windpipe. I have been reading some of your posts and starting to feel a little better, that those feelings are common.:)

Hello from one English Lady to another, what you are going through sounds very normal, try & move/walk as much as you can to ease the shoulder pain, its only surgical gas, the quicker you move about the quicker it normally goes,

i think a lot of people said the same words as you did (what have i done) like you said its because we are sore & in pain/discomfort.. after a few days you will start to feel more better, trust me when you see the weight coming of you will be so pleased you had it done,

which hospital did you go to ?

welcome to the forum, you will meet many new friends, & hopefully we can help you with some questions you might have..

Hi debbie

Thanks for your reply. I used the Hospital Group, and had the band at Chelsfield Hospital in Kent, who looked after me very well. My weight is quite low at 35 BMI, but had tried so many diets to no avail.

I went for a 20 minute walk today, and had Soups and smoothies - a very strange feeling as I have no appetite at all.

My main concern is a pain in my windpipe, in the chest region, it feels very sore, especially when I wake up in the morning, I am not sure if that is gas? Not to mention the burping!

burping is normal..helps get rid of the gas.. i know they press on your windpipe when they are putting you to sleep & then they put the tube thing in your mouth/throat for surgery..

contact the hospital & put it to them, they wont mind you calling, im sure they might say what i have, but its always to get the expert opinion, good luck, please let us know how you get on :)

well done on your walking, take it slow at first

Ah, that explains it about the sore throat/windpipe, I'm relieved the soreness will eventually go away. I will contact the hospital.

Who were you banded with? well done for your weight loss!

hi i went to Derby Hospital, it was fantastic, they treated me so kindly.. i lost the 50 lbs in 7 weeks.. i had surgery jan 21st 09.. i go back 17th march for a check up, then about 2 weeks after that i should get my first fill

50Ib in 7 weeks! thats very good. More than half of your target weight lost already! I hope I'm nearly as successful as you.

Hi

I am english and was banded on Tuesday June 8th. I went to Brussels to have it done as it was much cheaper and I had researched it and thankfully it was as good as I had read. Can I ask you how you are both doing now as you are much further on