Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Confused and Worried

Please i need some help.. i had my band on november 24 and since then have lost 25 pounds but i feel like im stuck im not loosing anymore i had my first fill on jan14 and i dont even eat a lot cuz i had that feeling of being STUCK and i hated it.. I dunno im feeling so sad and depressed i dont wanna be a Failed LAPband patient:cursing: im only 25 and i want to do so much things in my life but i feel like my weight is the reason why im not doing it i dunno what to think is it gonna get better iam i gonna loose more after my second fill what can i do please help me I have another fill on the 1st of april im not sure if that will help or not.. i dont really exxercie can that be a big factor in not loosing the weight PLEASE HELP what can i do :thumbup:

progress.gif

excersize makes a huge difference hon - if anything start out by walking - if you are not used to walking start with short goals - like 15 minutes a day for 2 weeks then 30 minutes a day for 2 weeks and then if you like it try to work up to an hour a day or join the gym once you master the 30 min a day. I got my band on 11/14/08 - also it is normal to plateau for awhile b4 you start losing again. let me know if you need any support or help. You will do this! just make up in your mind that it will work. You can also find alot of support and learn things in the chat room too.

Exercise will make a difference, but also examine what you are eating. I notice you used the word "stuck". Are you possibly eating slider foods because eating Protein gets stuck easily? If so, you may be a little too tight. Log what you eat everyday for a few days and notice how each of the foods make you feel. Does protein like chicken go down easily enough if you chew it well, or are you avoiding it because it gets stuck easily?

What are you eating? Do you keep a food log? This will show if you are around 1000 cal. and 75 g of Protein. If you eat too little your body will go in starvation mode and you will not lose as fast. Did you have to have a mental health consult before your surgery? I did and he told me I would mourn the loss of food, but if I got angry or depressed to call him so he could help me through that rough time. I've been struggling with the exercise also as it's just too cold to walk. Let me know how your doing.

I am so upset I just posted a huge message then i erased it by mistake. I am so frusterated. I don't know how to spell that word. Oh well. you get the idea. I have been deiting for a month now.. and i have five to go for my six month pre op diet. I am learning how much i depended on food to answer my problems. It does not help me at all. All it does is make things worst. I am doing ok on my diet. I am struggling with measuring everything i eat which i have not done at all. But i think i am eating a little...lol. I am not use to dieting. I have struggled with my wieght most of my life. I am almost 400 pounds when i started. and i hope the lap band is going to help. Right now...i am worried about following the diet on it. Because i cannot follow a diet the dietician gave to me already. I am doing ok though. I do eat a lot less than what i use to. the only problem is i am still eating large quanities. I guess i think i have to eat that much still to feel full. and i am not letting a little bit fill me up. I do try to follow her diet...but i eat it in one meal...or two...this is not good. i need help or a schedule a little bit that would suit me on how much i should eat in each meal. I am going to talk to my nutritionest about that when i go see her this week. I do excersise a little bit., i have physical therapy twice a week for my back. And i am doing better. Is anyone having those same kind of problems..not know how much to eat what is normal. any ideas. when do i eat it..and what do i eat. i will do better. Please just remember me...in your prayers. I really want to do this with all my heart. I am realizing that its me that has to change. no matter how much excise i do or who i talk to about the problem i still have to quit eating. and you know that is just plain hard. when you have done it all your life. I am so sick of being overwieght and not being able to do anything because i dont fell like it...I am ready for a change. And I am sick of people telling me i cant do it when i know i can all i have to do is stick through it. With Gods help, all things are possible. MY mom taught me that. and i dont want to ever give up hope. and its not Gods fault if i fail its my fault. no one elses. You know i am beginning to realize that. Thanks for hearing me out...I am open to getting emails my email addy is bearjr30@hotmail.com...and is the lap band the right choice for me...I really dont want to do the gastric bypass. I dont want my stomach rerouted. thanks for your time...

excersize makes a huge difference hon - if anything start out by walking - if you are not used to walking start with short goals - like 15 minutes a day for 2 weeks then 30 minutes a day for 2 weeks and then if you like it try to work up to an hour a day or join the gym once you master the 30 min a day. I got my band on 11/14/08 - also it is normal to plateau for awhile b4 you start losing again. let me know if you need any support or help. You will do this! just make up in your mind that it will work. You can also find alot of support and learn things in the chat room too.

Thanks for the advice hun that really helps a lot yea i think i need to start exercise and see where it takes me but for sure ill ask for help and support when i need it :)

Exercise will make a difference, but also examine what you are eating. I notice you used the word "stuck". Are you possibly eating slider foods because eating Protein gets stuck easily? If so, you may be a little too tight. Log what you eat everyday for a few days and notice how each of the foods make you feel. Does Protein like chicken go down easily enough if you chew it well, or are you avoiding it because it gets stuck easily?

I felt great after my fill i ate a piece of bread very small and yea it was stuck i had to throw up worse feeling ever other then that i eat chicken but i have to chew it a lot i eat a lot of salads i think i dont drink enough Water but i have been this week and i dunno what the hell to eat for breakfast:crying:

What are you eating? Do you keep a food log? This will show if you are around 1000 cal. and 75 g of Protein. If you eat too little your body will go in starvation mode and you will not lose as fast. Did you have to have a mental health consult before your surgery? I did and he told me I would mourn the loss of food, but if I got angry or depressed to call him so he could help me through that rough time. I've been struggling with the exercise also as it's just too cold to walk. Let me know how your doing.

Well the food log i dont have but i was reading about it today and i made one but i didnt put the foods yet and yes i went for the mental consult the thing is i DONT WANNA EAT which is good i think im actually not eating enough i never had that problem before but i know im supposed to eat a curtain amount a day to be okay but i dunno what to eat?? and yea exercise is annoying especially after work :)

We have one fellow in our support group that weighs 450 pounds. Most of his brothers and father died before the age 45. He decided he wanted to live to see his children grow up. He has to get to 300 if he wants the lap band. 350 for the bypass. He's lost 27 pounds so far in 4 months. So he will get there. I eat 2 Protein drinks a day(Isopure no carb) 6 oz each when hungry.

Breakfast is 1/2 C. greek yogurt with2 oz unsweetened applesauce and cinnamon.

lunch and dinner is 4 oz of chicken, turkey or fish and 2 vegetables of 1/2 cup each. Normally for lunch I have the starchy veg. (peas, winter squash, or brown rice) I am not allowed anything white(flour, Cereal, rice etc).

In the afternoons I normally have a cup of sugar free Jello. And in the evenings I have 1 cup of sugar free pudding with skim milk. An hour before I go to bed I have an 8 oz glass of milk. I drink Diet snapple, herbal tea with splenda, and at least 64 oz of Water. If you get hungry add one more zero carb Protein Drink. If you go off the plan before pudding time you get no pudding. This works for me. One of our nurses does the same diet even though she has had any surgery, so I know you can do it. Remember you didn't gain the weight in a month so don't plan on losing it in a month. We are all cheering for you.

We have one fellow in our support group that weighs 450 pounds. Most of his brothers and father died before the age 45. He decided he wanted to live to see his children grow up. He has to get to 300 if he wants the lap band. 350 for the bypass. He's lost 27 pounds so far in 4 months. So he will get there. I eat 2 Protein drinks a day(isopure no carb) 6 oz each when hungry.

Breakfast is 1/2 C. greek yogurt with2 oz unsweetened applesauce and cinnamon.

lunch and dinner is 4 oz of chicken, turkey or fish and 2 vegetables of 1/2 cup each. Normally for lunch I have the starchy veg. (peas, winter squash, or brown rice) I am not allowed anything white(flour, Cereal, rice etc).

In the afternoons I normally have a cup of sugar free Jello. And in the evenings I have 1 cup of sugar free pudding with skim milk. An hour before I go to bed I have an 8 oz glass of milk. I drink Diet snapple, herbal tea with splenda, and at least 64 oz of Water. If you get hungry add one more zero carb Protein Drink. If you go off the plan before pudding time you get no pudding. This works for me. One of our nurses does the same diet even though she has had any surgery, so I know you can do it. Remember you didn't gain the weight in a month so don't plan on losing it in a month. We are all cheering for you.

Thank you so much really means a lot :)