Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone,

My name is Amber and I was banded on 2/26/09. First and second day post-op I was really "regretting" having the surgery! LOL - I'm over that now after I did about 3 hours of walking yesterday, and the gas was releasing...the only challenge so far is definitely burping.

This forum and chat has been such a blessing for me tonight, as I've had a lot of questions answered and heard a lot of really great and amazing stories. I'm excited to come back frequently - and make some new friends with similar..interests :wink:

I weighed 252 the morning I went in for surgery.

My goal for August 30th is to weigh 200... To some it may sound unrealistic, but this is what I want to weigh when I go off of my birth control (which I'm taking because I'm estorgen difficient) and ready to line myself up to try and have more babies (have been infertile for over a year)...

I would like to get down to about 150lbs, but right now I want to see the 200 mark...

I'm excited to be around here and very anxious to read up some more.

Blessings,

Amber

The whole gas part is scaring me already. I am glad all went well for you.

Remember what Kanye said "Reach for the stars, so if you fall, you'll land on a cloud". You've gotten this far, you're going to do great.

I was also banded on Thursday, I would have to say the gas pain can be quite unpleasant, but you are right walking does help. I am also getting a lot of mucus, but I am sure it is b/c I am eating and drinking to fast. My stomach has been making noises that I never heard before. Well it is great to have someone banded on the same day, hey just wonder what you have been eating.

Hope to talk soon

Jen

Hi Amber....good for you! I had my surgery the day before you and as much as I have been up & walking day 1, cant say I could do 3 hours at a time! I was out & about yesterday...driving...returning movies & buying more soup! hehe. I don't know if it is gas, tightness, pressure....whatever it is, I keep getting almost like a spasm by my left rib...which I assume is the port. This is making me tense up all my ab & back muscles. Other than that, I am very surprised. I was very worried of pain. I never did have to take the pain medication...not once.

I'm excited for my new journey in life....although my caloric intake is low currently, I cant wait for my first fill & see what that feels like. Cant wait for June, July, August to come around & feel comfortable in short sleeves & tank tops!

Here is to us!!

Karen

Hi guys! I was also banded on 2/26...and I did also "regret" my decision. But now, three days out, I feel much better, still have pain and gas, but well worth it. I was 237 pre-op, and when I started my first round of liquid diet on Jan 1, I was a whopping 256 (I am 5'1") so I am please, I weighed myself this morning and I was 233. So so far, so good, I have been doing Clear Liquids but toss in a yogurt and pudding every once in a while with no problems.

Any other issues? I am still sore and burb alot, but I am moving around fine!

I think I have had it pretty easy...i am not burping at all? Yes...stomach is still tender, but to be expected I suppose.

How is eating for you guys (or Soup intake..or yogurt)?

thanks for the encouragement. today was a much better day! i WAS hungry today but i subsided it... by the way, the Protein thing...I used someones advice to buy egg whites, and i'm not kidding you, they really have NO flavor! (as long as used in cold product)

i'm glad to see so many people had the band done on the same day as me! WOO HOO!