Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So far I'm feeling pretty good. I've been busy and on the go all weekend. I'm tired now.

My "port" area is still pretty tender. I can feel the port because it is just under the skin. My surgeon said he may have to reposition it when I get close to goal because it is likely to protrude.

I was losing pretty steady everyday until I stared soft foods. Now I've stopped losing. I'm not going to worry about it yet though. My first fill is on 4/21/08.

I started my walking routine again yesterday. I'm at about a mile and a half and hope to bump it up to two miles by the end of the week.

I hope everyone has had a good weekend and a wonderful week next week!

I am f schedule for my first follow-up on the 31st, he will do a fill if needed. At this point I don't know that I need it, I have no hunger. I really have to push to get my 3 meals in two shakes and one soft food. Today I cooked some ground turkey then spiced it up and added some Tomato Soup. It was good, but I only had about a half cup and I was done. I am taking my Vitamins, fish oil, Calcium. Keep the faith it will all be worth it.

Another week down - how's everyone doing?

Overall, I'm doing great - incisions are healing nicely, down to hardly any scab left. Eating soft foods has been wonderful. Looking forward to my fill on 4/10.

My only complaint right now is I'm stuck on weight loss - been tetering between 20-21 pounds for what feels like eternity...but I guess its normal. What's most frustrating to me is I'm eating so very little 1/4-1/2c servings, maintaining under 60 carbs a day, and starting to walk regularly...and still nothing.

Anyone else experiencing this? I'm very curious how the band is going to help me eat less than I am. How does it work? Is it different because instead of our bodies being in starvation recovery mode, it recognizes the band pouch as the stomach and allows you to lose weight again? Just confused...any insights will be appreciated!

Lap Lady, I could have written your post!

My incisions too are just about healed. My fill though is scheduled for 4/21.

I too have been stuck on my weight loss and eating about the same amount as you... except for tonight! I've been PMSing big time and finally broke down today and I did eat more carbs than I was supposed to and had a little ice cream! My daughter has been watching me closely and I promised her I would follow the rules again starting tomorrow and no more ice cream till this same time next month! LOL!

I've also been walking everyday this week - almost 2 miles a day which is a lot for me!

I'd like to think this stall in our weight is our bodies playing catch up for all the quick weight loss we had so early on?

I do pray the scales start moving in the right direction again soon!

SillyGoose, looks like your doing great. I have not started my walking yet, so your ahead of me. Remember your still healing so the weight loss will come. BAD ice cream, I know it twisted your arm and made you eat it. LB is just a tool, it's your decision on how you will use it. You might need to get it out of the house if that is your weakness. I am pulling for you, show us the way...

LapLady, remember the LB works over time reducing the amount you eat. If you stick to what your doing the weight will come off. We all get stuck and may go periods without losing, but as long as you have reduced your intake of food and calories the weight will come off, Keep the faith....

I have to agree with all of you, I have stopped losing too. I decided not to weigh for awhile and see what happens. Im eating my 3 meals (mushie) but still have trouble getting all of my Water in. I have been eating eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese, refried Beans and fruit. you would think with that menu I would really lose.

My insisions are doing good too. My port sticks out, Im not so sure I like that. I guess It will go down as I lose.

Good luck to all the 16thers out there:blink:

SillyGoose, looks like your doing great. I have not started my walking yet, so your ahead of me. Remember your still healing so the weight loss will come. BAD ice cream, I know it twisted your arm and made you eat it. LB is just a tool, it's your decision on how you will use it. You might need to get it out of the house if that is your weakness. I am pulling for you, show us the way...

Thanks for your support. I can't wait till I can finally feel restriction. And, I know that it may take several months before I reach it!

I normally don't crave ice cream. I think it was just the monthly stuff that caused me to weaken! Oh well, today is a new day!

Have a great weekend everyone!

This was great to log on and have so much information from everyone. I also am stalled with weight loss. Since Saturday when I started my egg, cottage cheese and Peanut Butter I have gained 1 lb. Need to stop weighing, but still can't not step on the scale when I get out of bed.

food wise things have been good for me. Did have a little uncomfortableness in my chest today, I think that I ate some cheese to fast. Didn't think that I really had any restrictions until that happened today, so things are good!!

Had 1st followup on Tuesday, still having problems with really bad pain in my left shoulder. Dr said if not gone in nest few weeks will need to have a CT scan that something is probably pressing on my diaphram and he will need to either do surgery to reposition the band or port or remove the band. NO WAY do I want the band removed, it took way too much work to get to this point. I am praying everyday that things will work out.

Glad that everyone is doing well, keep posting, it is so good to hear from you all!!!!!

NewBeginnings, I am sorry you are still having shoulder pain, are you sure all the gas has worked out. Maybe some walking will resolve the issue. I know every doctor is different but I am on two Protein Shakes a day and one Protein meal. I have begun to transition to real food, mainly protein. Not much room for anything else. I am not sure I could eat Peanut Butter. Remember as you transition you will need to monitor what you eat and you still have to reduce calories to lose weight. But right now you are healing and don't worry about that scale, it will come in time. Just keep the faith and keep heading in the right direction.

thanks gregnlr! Walking doesn't really make a difference one way or the other. Usually walk about 1.5 miles at least 4 days a week (I am workingon daily, can't wait for spring weather). If it is gas I certainly wish I would just have an explosion!

It started on day 4 after surgery and for the 1st 12 days was only on 8 oz a day total of protien drink. So eating or not eating doesn't seem to make any difference. Now my diet consist of 1 egg for Breakfast, 1/3 cup cottage cheese or yogurt for lunch and 2 or 3 oz soft cheese for dinner, I can also have 2 tablespoon of reduced fat Peanut Butter a day which is really my favorite thing. So just hoping that things will work out, if it can possible be gas I will be soooo happy.

NewBeginnings, I hope it works out as well. I am sorry that you have had such issues. I know everyone is different. The reason I thought it might be gas is because I still on occasion have shoulder pain, even though it was not bad past the first day. I had read on here I believe there is a little more to it than just the gas they inflate you with. But since I read this for 14 months before my band I could not direct you to the specific thread. I know my doctor had to pull my stomach down when he did the surgery. I really don't know what that means or if it was related to the LB or the hernia he repaired. I just can't even imagine having to consider removing the band. Let me know how you proceed and I will keep you in my thought.

NewBeginnings - A couple things that really helped with my shoulder pain were the heating pad and those heat things you can put on your shoulders directly. Might be worth a shot if you haven't already. Sorry you're still having pain.

SillyGoose - I found Breyers Carb Smart, which are delicious and only 3 net carbs. The fats a tad high (7), so its not something I'd recommend every day, but it definitely helps with the cravings.

Gregnlr - Thanks for the encouragement; much appreciated.

So, in terms of an update - I'm now down 22 pounds as of this morning...thanks to MOM (milk of mag). Won't disgust you with the details, but per the doc, it was a necessity. Guess that's what happens on a low Fiber diet - gag! LOL.

As much as I've enjoyed the incremental introduction of foods, I have to say, I can't wait to get back to a variety of foods including raw fruits and veggies!

Aimtowin

Sorry that you have not been feeling the best. I have to say that I have had a tough time all week too. I still have port pain but the rest of the insisions are just fine. I have a very busy job and I don't really get a break. We are also moving and my back is very sore, I spent my whole day off yesterday packing boxes...ugh.

I have not had any trouble burping but still having trouble with my bowels. I sure wish there was something that would get me moving.

Did your Dr say that you needed to wait 5 more weeks for your first fill? I want to get one asap because I have no restriction now. My first week I just felt overly full so food or even liquid was hard to get in.

Everyone have a great weekend!!!

Bernadette

Fab by 50,

Yes the Dr said it would be five weeks. I've been reading in the general March forum and it looks like a lot of us are in what is called "bandster hell"-- waiting for our first fill. I have not lost anything in a week. All I have reintroduced is meat,applesauce, and cheese. The nutritionist asked me to dip my meat in some type of sauce since you can't drink Water while eating.

Don't over do it on the moving. Take care of yourself!!

Hey everyone.... Hope you are all doing good. Still no weight loss for me, still up a 1/2 down a 1/2 for the last 8 days, guess it is just my body getting use to having some food again.

I don't feel as though I have much restriction, if any, but I have always been a fast eater so am really having a hard time with eating slooowlllly. Last night was eating some fish and only 1/3 of a cup, I guess that I ate it too fast and boy did I feel bad. It was only for about 10 minutes but not something that I want to fill again. I really need to work on that, I don't ever want something to be stuck. Anyone else done this stupid thing?

Hope everyone has a good day!