Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ohhh yes, the countdown has begun! Thoughts and prayers coming everyone's way - good luck tomorrow! Please, please, please, report in on your experience as soon as you feel up to it! Hugs!

Looks like I'm the first to report in here. Well, it went ok. My kids have been fighting sinus crud and apparently I had a low grade fever upon arrival - they pumped me with the IV for hydration with antibiotics and calming meds - all was great.

I learned a lot post op though - I had an allergic reaction to the antibiotic, so they gave me Benedryl. They also had problems putting the trach in. Not sure of the details, but apparently there was an issue with scarred tissue, so I ended up with 3 incisions.

So, when I woke in recovery, they wanted me to drink Water and despite my efforts, my throat was so swollen, I couldn't breathe to drink. At first they thought it was related to the trach, but then realized how badly I was wheezing - gave me a neb treatment (and more calming meds) for an asthma attack!

Once I could breathe, I wanted to sit up because of back pain, so I wabbled over to the chair and soon after, was able to come home. Last hospital meds were at noon, then had Aleve at 4 and looking forward to Motrin at 10. Tryin not to take the hard stuff, because I typically vomit, but we'll see. Also have to start a Z-pac tonight for the sinus crud that feels like its moving bronchial. :)

Overall I feel ok tho - my back hurts a lot (could be because I was so very blessed with a period in time for surgery and/or the labored breathing), but the incisions are really only tender.

Can't wait to hear about you all!!

in the hospital now.Very little pain,but I am hungry. Will go home Tuesday by 11am. Best of luck to you.

Edited by aimtowin

I'm currently laying in the hospital bed. I had my surgery at 12 noon today. My port site is definitely sore but it's tolerable. I haven't had any pain meds since thismorning. I've already went walking today too. I went 4

Times up and down the long hallway here. I don't have any gas pain *So Far*. My surgery took 40 minutes. When I first arrived, I had a low grade fever and they thought I might of had a urinary tract infection. So they sent it to the lab and it came back negative. Needless to say, I did end up

Crying cuz there for a few minutes I thought I wasn't going to get the surgery that I've been waiting forever for!

I'm not having any problems swallowing ice chips and drinking Water. Luckily I got a private room. =D

It does hurt to get out of bed but luckily it only hurts for a split second! Whew! =P I wish all of the rest of the "Lucky Losers" having their surgery this month a successful pain free journey!! You can do this!! I'm glad I did!! =) Woot!! Let's go LUCKY LOSERS!!!!!!!

Glad to hear everyone's doing generally well!

Stephanie - One thing I've learned is not to try to sit straight up. Instead roll to the side and up and its sooooo much easier.

I slept pretty good and am doing alright today. Had 800mg of motrin last night and 600 today - struggling to take all these pills cuz I have to half my Z-pack as well. Just a lot of tenderness, but nothing I'd call pain. My back has improved, some discomfort in my shoulder - but overall not too bad.

Hi March 16th bandsters!!!!

I'm home and sooo excited to have the surgery part behind me. Now the real work begins, but I could not be happier with the results so far. I have had very minimal pain, just the gas pressure that comes and goes. I had such a wonderful experience with my Dr and the whole staff. I'm a happy happy bandster.

Bernadette:redface:

I also had my surgery on 3/16/09. I can't believe that the day actually came. I am so excited to be starting this journey!!!! Feeling good and able to get around now, 1st 2 days were hard. Having more problem now with being hungry that the 2 weeks before banding while using the Optifast. Hoping this hungar feeling gets better soon. Hope everyone else is doing well!

I've been lucky - I haven't felt any real hunger yet. I know it wont stay that way for much longer though!

The only problem so far I had was my first night home. I got the dry heaves about 4 different times from the anesthesia. It really hurt and I hope I didn't mess up my sutures holding my band in place. I would hate to have the band slip and go through surgery again!

Take care everyone and keep in touch!

Sounds like everyone is doing reasonably well. I think I am holding my own as well. No hunger, in fact I have to make my self get down the broth. I am drinking plenty and each day is better. I think because I had the heitial hernia repair as well it is taking me a little longer to get in the swing. but tomorrow is a new day and if I could get more than a couple of hours sleep without having to get up to get the gas off I think I would be better. At least the belching is not as painful as it was in the beginning. Keep up the good work and remember this is a journey and the good thing is we have a common goal.

I'm so happy to hear that all of us March 16thers are doing so well.I have had a pretty easy time of it except yesterday I had alot of gas pain that even walking did not relieve. Today I feel great again. I dont know if Im getting enough fluids in so I will have to measure today. I don't want to get dehydrated. Hugs to everyone!! :ohmy:

Hi! I had my surgery on March 16th too. I only found this website recently so I'm a little bit behind. I'm glad I found it though, it will be nice to track progress and see what might be in store for the future.

My surgery went well, I really only have pain when i sit/stand/lay down. I am glad to report I had no real complications in surgery either, I might have scared my parents because I was sleeping so much after the surgery it took them forever to bring me back down to my room from recovery. I stayed awake the whole night before driving to get to the surgery I was probably just exhausted. I'm so glad the surgery is behind me.

I can't wait to jump out of bed like I use to. I can't wait to lose my first 100 lbs. I can't wait to go shopping for my new wardrobe. I can't wait to be able to go outside and actually enjoy it again.

Is anyone still in any pain? Has anyone found a good Protein Drink that doesnt taste so bad? I'm drinking the Isopure from GNC and I don't really like them. But they do have 40g of Protein per serving, so it's win-lose.

Much continued success to all of us! Glad to be here!

Welcome to the March 16 newcomers and I'm soooo glad to hear everyone's doing well. I've certainly had my highs and lows this week, but today has been the best yet.

I'm finding that hunger is returning, although I can tell I still have swelling due to the tight feeling when eating - like my food is inching down. Purees haven't been too bad - at least its more variety than preop on Medifast! So far I've had Jello, applesauce, tuna and chicken salad, turkey/mashed potatoes/gravy, corn, Wendy's chili. Any other good suggestions?

Re: Isopure - its honestly the best I've found, but I split one bottle into 4 servings, then half my glass with SF Kool-Aid. Not too bad. I do not, however, like the Protein "shots" or tubes...they are sooo mediciney! I also got some unflavored protein powder...any suggestions on what to mix it with that won't affect the food/drink texture?

I am drinking something called opti source. Doesn't really taste bad, but my Dr. wants me to drink it for 2 weeks after surgery. I can't have anything else except Water. You only drink 8 oz a day and it has a total of 800 calories. I am also worried about not getting enough Fluid. Am having a hard time only sipping water (I guess I was always a guzzler). How much fluid is anyone able to drink at one time. Yesterday I was really hungry, but today is much better, even went for a mile walk. Has anyone had any problem with left shoulder pain? I hadn't had any pain medicine since 3/17 until last night. I was so painful I had to take pain medicine just to be able to stand the pain. It was worst pain than when I came home the day of surgery. I did find a post about shoulder pain, this is such a great website. Good luck to all and hang in, Think how happy we will be when we talk about how much we have accomplished. I can't wait until the payoff is here.

Edited by NEW BEGINNINGS

I was really hungry yesterday for the first time since surgery.

It's amazing how different every one's post-op diets are. I would love to be eating tuna and chili right now. My surgeon has me on only Protein Drinks and water/Chrystal light for the first two weeks.

Oh well - we have to follow our doctors orders right!

Hope everyone is doing well!