Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel the same way, I thought the weight loss would be a little faster too. I have lost 30 total and about 22 of that has been since surgery.. The thing that really bothers me is that I go up and down so often, even when I seem to eat the same things everyday. Don't be too hard on yourself we are all learning how to use our new tool. I get frustrated at the fact that I can hardly keep anything down but still am not loosing very much. We have had extream weather too, and that has kept me from walking at night. You are still doing great, just keep up the good work and don't give up. Maybe you just need another fill? I still have no idea if Im over filled or need a little more?? I guess this is all trial and error.

Have a great weekend!

Bernadette:smile2:

OK Team, you have read enough on here to understand. Don't compare what you lose to everyone else, the point is your losing or at least not gaining. Our bodies are all unique so, me losing X does not equal you losing X. If you let yourself become discouraged then you will fall back into your same patterns of eating or at least using that as an excuse. It happens to all of us. I went a month without losing even gaining a little, then poof, 5 pounds gone. This will work and we all went though a lot to get to this point, start anew. Start eating what you know you should eat and exercise. We all knew from the get go that this was not a miracle way to lose weight and that we would have to work at it.

Well said Greg!! I too am guilty of doing this and then I realize all of us are different. It all has alot to do with the amount of weight they have to loose, and their body shape and size. Some people have hundreds to loose and some have only 50 so it only makes since that the one trying to loose hundreds will loose faster. Just try to eat the right things, excersize and get your Water in and the weight will come off.

Good luck all!!

Bernadette

PS welcome back Greg I was worried about you.

weight.png

Edited by Fab by 50

Gregg: Thanks for the great comment!!! We all need a little kick from each other every now and then. All I know is whether everyones loss is slow or not, look where we are now compared to 3 months ago. It is hard...... but I wouldn't change anything! My biggest hope for us all is that this will be the last time that we ever see the number we are at now every again on the scales,

Have you all figured out how to eat slower? I have never gotten sick, but have felt horrible a few times, but at least it has only been a few and is always my fault for just eating too fast. I really need to work at it. Just have so many more important things to do now that I feel a little bit better from losing some weight.

Take care to all!!!!! Have a great weekend!

I think we all are learning how to eat slow and easy, at least once you reach restriction. I did that this week with fill 2. I have even had to slow down on my Water. I just had some fish and it was tiny bits over a long period of time. I have had to allow more time to eat. None of this is by choice, one bit too big or too fast and the pain makes the food unappetizing. Today was the first solid since my fill. But I am not mad, I am over my plateau for now and the weight is again dropping. Not to mention I feel so much better and must admit look better. The LB was a great decision.

Hey everyone

Just checkin in with the TEAM16thers... I have been on vacation all week and have been enjoying my time off. I had more time to work on my food choices too. Okay big drum roll>>>>> Im down to 188!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have not seen that weight in soo long, I love it. I have been wearing shorts that did not fit last summer and now they are too big. My size 16's are too big and the 14's are just right. Did I mention that I love having this lap band???

Good luck to all & have a great weekend!!

Bernadette

That is just AWESOME Bernadette, I am still aways from "one"derland but will be there soon. I am glad you had a good vacation. I love my LB as well.

Thanks Greg

I wish my weight loss was as much as yours!!!! I think you are the one doing so well. I think I have learned how to use this tool and that makes a ig difference on how I feel about having it. If everyone would go into this knowing that this is ONLY a tool, and that you still have to work at it the lap band would have an even better reputation. I work everyday at loosing weight and working with the tool the band has given me. In all honesty it is more work than I thought it would be, but worth every ounce of weight I have lost!!

Bernadette

I just figured out the other day what onederland was, I knew everyone was sooo happy to be there, but ..... OK I was a little slow on that one. Great for you Bernadette, Greg and I will be there one day with you. That is why everyone's weight loss varies so much. Just depends on the amount you have to lose. I also thought this would be much easier, but wouldn't change anything. I am down 45 pounds today almost 1/2 way there. This is the best decision I could of made. Keep up the good work everyone!

:rolleyes2:Good morning everyone

I hope everone had a great weekend. I had a great week off but now it is time to go back to work...UGH. I have decided to get back in the swing of actually watching what I eat again. I have some restriction but not alot, if I eat slow I can still eat a normal size meal. Iam going to schedule what I hope is my last fill for Thursday. Im hoping this will be my "sweet spot"

Happy Monday to everyone!!

Bernadette

weight.png

Still trying to get this ticker thing to work, I went and updated it and it still says the same amount. Does anyone know how to get it to come up automatically with each post?? I have been copying and pasting.

Edited by Fab by 50

Bernadette, I hope this is your last fill as well. I "think" I at that point now, I can't imagine being any more restricted. The immersion blender is my new best friend. You will understand once you reach that point. Proportionally you are about where I am since your approaching mid-ways. Keep the faith and work that tool.

Bernadette when you update your tracker you have to recopy and paste it into your signature again.

Jdeleare, do I have to copy and past it everytime?? I thought it would come up automatically.

Well I did not make my fill today so I will have to wait another week...oh well Im still losing just not as fast asw I would like to.

Greg, what is the emmersion blender I will have to look it up, and what do you make with it?? Do you still do alot of Protein Shakes? I like to make them with ice and blend them, but I have not had any in awhile.

Keep up the good work everyone, Bernadette

:thumbup:

weight.png

unfortunatly you do have to copy and past into where you can update your signture each time you update your weight loss:thumbup:

Hello Fab by 50 Bernadette. Hope your doing well, I am. The immersion blender is a blender on a stick that you can stick in a pot of Soup or whatever and turn it into a puree without having to pour it into a blender or food processor. It has been a life saver since my second fill.