Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have started to get a little annoyed at this plateau...I have stayed the same for what seems like forever. I have not been cheating either, thats what really sucks. I have been eating all low fat or no fat foods, I sure wish that I would start losing again.

Good luck everyone!!

Fab...I suggest you be very cautious using reduced fat foods. Anytime they take fat out they add sugar (which means carbs) for flavor.

It's as important to watch your carbs as it is fat because they are going to convert to sugar in your stomach.

Good luck, try to be patient and stick with it, remember we are better off losing slowly.

Hi, Everyone!

Can you believe we're coming up on a month!?! I remember being warned about this timeframe when the weight loss plateaus and we get frustrated. As the others have reminded us, its a slow process and unfortunately we have to be patient...I'm not very good at that. :)

I had my first fill on Friday - got 3ccs in the 10cc band. I was soooo nervous...like worse than surgery. Pathetic really LOL. Went in, backed up to the fluoro x-ray thing, moved around so we could see my band, then port on the screen, he put the numbing spray on, then inserted the needle (all standing up). Something about having a needle just hangin out of my stomach made me light headed...had to sit down. <like i said, pathetic>. :sad: Got back up, drank two gulps of what was described to me as thick cake mix - NOT!! Then, watched it go down and was done. It could have been finished in like 2 minutes, but instead because I had to sit down, it took 5. LOL! Moral of my story - its not a big deal. Next time I won't have the fluoro and will just lay down.

I'm feeling great, although the past couple days have been hard cuz of the holiday and the sense of freedom with not being restricted with my diet. Friday was liquids, Saturday purees, Easter Sunday softs, then full diet started yesterday. I've longed for this week soooo much, because my birthday is tomorrow and I was looking forward to real foods. Oddly, I'm craving a salad REALLY BAD, cuz I haven't had one in over a month.

I've been fluctuating between 26-28 pounds, which is really exciting. My struggles are still drinking 30 mins before/after and eating slowly. I don't feel a ton of restriction, but can tell its there. I'm hoping the nice weather is here to say, cuz I really want to start walking outside again...also trying to get motivated to do the Wii Fit.

Despite the challenges, it is wonderful to go through this together with you all. Thanks, everyone, for keeping this post going, checking in with updates and especially the encouragement!

Hugs,

LapLady09

It sounds like everything is going will with you. Congrats on the fill - I'm happy to hear everything went well. I get mine a week from today. But, I know he will only put 1cc in :)

Happy Birthday!

Happy birthday LapLady09!

I was really nervous at my first fill too. My weight has started to drop again after my fill last thursday, but have noticed my band feels tighter in the AM. I am trying chocolate ensure with milk added and heated up in microwave. This went down pretty well this AM, especially because it was warm. Good job on the 26-28#. That is like carrying almost 3 10# bags of sugar around all day long!

Happy Birthday Lap Lady!!!

It sounds like everyone is getting a fill but me, I still have to wait 2 more weeks :).

Everyone is doing so good on their weight loss...keep it up. I have started losing again. I started a walking routine every night for at least 45 minutes, today I did 1 hour 25 minutes. Im beat but feel good.

Bernadette

Hi everyone

Does everyone feel as good as I do??? I don't take anymore pills for heartburn and I used to take 2 Zantacs a day. My clothes are loose and I have alot more energy. I don't weigh very often, but the last time I did I was on the verge on ONEDERLAND, one more pound to go. I took up a walking routine and get anywhere from 3-5 miles 3-4 days a week. I go as long as it is not raining, which it does alot here.

Is everyone else happy with their decision??

Bernadette:thumbup:

Yes, I feel great. I don't take Pepcid, since they repaired my H. hernia, I am walking two miles a day on my lunch hour. I keep dropping pounds and will update my ticker when I get my official weight at group. I have no hunger other than an occasional head hunger. I work in the yard all I can and before long will be firing the lawn guy (sorry lawn guy). I tried to take a nap yesterday, previous a normal routine on the weekend, but had so much energy could not sleep. My food bill is 25% of what it use to be and even though I still have 100 pounds to go, people are looking at me in a different way. I am so glad I got the LB.

Hi Gregnir

I know what you mean about the naps, I used to take one eery day off that I had and I have not had one since the day after surgery. Life does not revolve around food anymore, I still don't have an appetite but I can eat. I will be getting my first fill next week so that will help. Im glad that I did this. You are doing great on the weight loss, the walking helps too.

Take care, Bernadette

Question, why are you getting a fill if you don't have an appetite. The reason I ask, my doctor has several patients who have never needed a fill. One that I speak with has lost 108 pounds in six months with no fill. I know each doctor is different, but mine thanks I may never need one. I have no hunger other than an occasional head hunger. Just curious, Thanks Bernadette, you are so supportive.

Sounds like yall are doing awesome!! Most days i feel pretty good, my port insicion can still be pretty tender at times...sometimes if I move the wrong way it feels like i'm being stabbed.

Bernadette, don't fell bad about your fill I'm not getting my first fill until May 1. For now I'm eating on my baby plate with baby silverware and doing my best to eat a little amount and then walk away.

Hang in there everyone, I'm soooo happy to hear everyone is doing sooo well!!!

Big Momma is Shrinking. Interesting on the Baby plates. I thought I was the only one doing that, stupid me. I bought these appetizer plates and forks and spoons and that is what I use, it makes me eat slow. But sometimes I can't eat everything on my plate. Which is great

Gregnlr,

My bestfriend also happens to be my l/b mentor. She brought me a care package before surgery that contained a baby plate & silverware, a notebook and a cosmetics bag to keep them in. I thought she was being a little silly with the plate, but I have actually found it really helps with protion control. I only have one plate for now so I don't usually bring it with me to work or if I eat out....I'm finding that I think I eat larger portions at work if it's not something I have already pre-measured, so she obliviously knew better then me....lol

Gregnir

I want to get a fill because I can still eat too much. I don't really get that hungry feeling but when I eat I can eat anything and lots of it. Its a good thing that I have will power or I would have gained all of my weight back. I look at it this way, why waste the money and go thru all of this not to follow the rules. My sister had her band done almost a year ago and has only lost 45 pounds, she eats anything she wants. She knows that she needs a fill but just has not done it. I want to do well with this, I can't wait to wear normal clothes again.

Bernadette

My first fill was today. What an experience! It was quite funny and my surgeon promised it would go better next time.

First off, he was 45 minutes late because he was in an unexpected surgery. I was fine with that and understood. Then he was telling me how I don't have a lot of fat right under my skin, but I do have a lot deeper inside. He said that my port should be the easiest he's ever had to access because you can easily see and feel it (I've noticed that as well). He said it was very weird and I joked with him saying "you're telling me I have weird fat???" LOL! I think I embarrassed him.

Anyway, he sticks the needle in and is digging around and can't seem to find it after all! He ended up sticking me 4 times before he found it! The lump that both he and I had been feeling was a hematoma (sp?) under the skin and the port was actually a little deeper than he thought! So, instead of me being the easiest ever, I wound up being the most difficult. He said he has never stuck someone that many times.

The hematoma will go down in time and he wants me to remind him next time that the prominent lump is not the port so I don't have to go through that again! Even after going through all that, it wasn't that painful, but I am a little sore tonight.

Oh, and he informed me that because I had so much fat on my stomach, he had to place a large band on me (I'm guessing that's the 14cc band). He added 4cc's to it at surgery and 2 more today giving me a total of 6cc's. It's too early for me to decided, but I think there might be a slight bit of restriction. I hope so anyway!