Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going for fill #2 today

ok well apparently I was one of these people who took a few days for the fill to truly kick in cause now I have SERIOUS restriction-Im lucky to get in 4 spoonfuls of cream Soup before feeling completely stuffed.I can not eat anything of substance-tried to eat some taco meat-just the meat-nothing else and about died.Oh well guess Ill clear soup it for awhile-this oughtta kick this weight loss into gear eh?I cant eat chicken salad which sucks as that was my Protein before since it was only meat I could handle.I cant eat apple or even a full yoplait yogurt-geez.Good thing is Im not hungry but bad thing is is Im getting no substance or true nourishment-any ideas of what to eat to make it ok until I get adjusted?

ok well apparently I was one of these people who took a few days for the fill to truly kick in cause now I have SERIOUS restriction-Im lucky to get in 4 spoonfuls of cream Soup before feeling completely stuffed.I can not eat anything of substance-tried to eat some taco meat-just the meat-nothing else and about died.Oh well guess Ill clear soup it for awhile-this oughtta kick this weight loss into gear eh?I cant eat chicken salad which sucks as that was my Protein before since it was only meat I could handle.I cant eat apple or even a full yoplait yogurt-geez.Good thing is Im not hungry but bad thing is is Im getting no substance or true nourishment-any ideas of what to eat to make it ok until I get adjusted?

Hi alatina,

I'm one of those people that the restriction doesn't kick in til a few days later. If I get adjusted on Monday, I'll feel it on Thursday. I usually have to stay on liquids/mushies for about 2 days after that. By the next Monday, the fill has generally settled in for me. It seems like a big inconvenience and my hubby reckons I'm crazy for waiting it out lol, but I know that if I go get an unfill, I won't have the restriction I need.

I can usually get by with veggie and chicken soup (sometimes it needs to be pureed), which atleast makes me think I'm eating healthy.

Make sure you get your Multivitamin in and I hope the fill settles down for you soon :rolleyes:

thnx-am having a homemade chicken Soup tonight.

Where in Aus are you?I love australia-Im getting married there in November-will be on Heron island and melbourne for 3 weeks.Going to spend one weekend in cairns barrier reef diving.

Oh well guess Ill clear Soup it for awhile-this oughtta kick this weight loss into gear eh?

Not neccessarily

Read this please it is from Inamed's handbook

With the Lap Band system in place, you should be able to eat only small ammount so the food you eat should be as healthy as possible. Do not fill your stomach pouch with :junk: food that lacks Vitamins and other important nutrients. Your meals should be high in Protein and Vitamins and low in carbs. solid food is more important then

liquid food or soft food. The lap Band system will have little or no effect if you only eat liquid or soft food. It passes through the stomach outlet very quickly and does not make you feel full.

Here is another excerpt form the book

If the adjustment (fill) results in too tight of a stomach opening you could have a hard time eating most foods, sometimes this causes people to avoid solid foods. They may drink liquid meals or soft food meals and this may result in weight gain. A band that is too tight may cause reflux symptoms and can also cause frequent vomiting.

Too me it sounds like you are too tight..Are you planning on having some Fluid removed? You do not want to risk your band or health. Please call your Dr. and see him or her ASAP. Until then focus on Protein drinks so if you do lose weight it is not lean muscle mass...losing lean muscle mass results in flabbyness. Protein prevents the loss of lean muscle mass

I hope this helps you :rolleyes:

thanks-the thing is is I AM full after a few tablespoons so im in no risk of overeating or drinking with liquids cause honestly I am full for THE WHOLE day with about 1/2 cup of food/soup.At this point Im just eating to get some nourishment and no I do not plan to have any taken out-Im in this to lose weight and get a new focus thats not food.I mean eating has always been the focal point of my day-it has always been a hige part of what my days would be and it was my main concern alot of times so now that it holds no joy then all I can say is WOOHOOOOOOOOOO plus Im down to 184 so Im good with this.

At this point Im just eating to get some nourishment and no I do not plan to have any taken out-Im in this to lose weight and get a new focus thats not food.
Im getting no substance or true nourishment-any ideas of what to eat to make it ok until I get adjusted?
What did you mean by this statement?

I thought you meant you were going to have an unfill..your not planning on going tighter are you?

Please do not take offense to my post I'm only writing this out of concern and to offer you support but did you get the band to not eat? and only survive on two teaspoons of liquids or 1/2 cup of food for the day? . Sure you may lose weight now but eventually you will have to eat solids and then what? Your going to gain wieght back,how long do you think oyu can live like this with no nutrition? it is proven from liquids to solids there is weight gain. Its alos proven that if a person does not take in enough calories, their body goes into starvation mode and stores every calorie which wil lresult in no loss or even a gain.

I sure hope it works for you. I know first hand of others in your situation who have lost their bands because they were too tight and did not take action and had the mindset you did..only to have their band slip. I can guarantee you that if Dr. Kuri knew you were not able to eat solids he would say you were too tight.I can also guarantee Inamed would feel the same way, the band was not designed to just live on Soup or 1/2 and not be able to eat anything of substance..I know Dr. Kuri's practice from several of my other bandster friends who have used him here in Orange County. Heck, other Dr.'s would think you were too tight..I know my Dr. would have a fit if I was just taking in Soup and not able ot eat anything of substance, he would demand I come in for a slight unfill.....I'm sorry but It's thinking like this from bandsters that just frustrates the hell out of me..at what cost will you go to to lose weight? I got my band to control my protions, not live on liquids and not to be able to eat anything of substance..I'm sure others will agree!

I can not eat anything of substance

In your first post you say you can not eat anything of substance

Then in your next post you say this

I am full for THE WHOLE day with about 1/2 cup of food/soup.

What food are you eating since you can not eat anything of substance?

Here is a link to Inameds handbook on the Lap Band..I reccomend you print it out and read it, you may find it very helpful and enlightening

http://www.inamed.com/pdf/health/94829F_LB_Patient_Book.pdf

I sure wish you the best, I hope you have no repracutions from leaving your band so tight.

to me Soup is food and I dont intend to live my whole life this way just a bit to see if it kicks things into gear-I certainly cant see a few weeks hurting especially since when you have the band first done that is what you are on for 2 weeks anyway also on Atkins there is a chicken soup diet where all you eat is that for a few weeks also-Oh Ill live-I do appreciate your input and concern.I am just giving it a jump start of sorts to see if it settles down-if it was to stay this tight id have a bit unfilled after awhile.I got enough chub reserve to hold me over for a arctic freeze:o)

I know Dr. Kuri's practice from several of my other bandster friends who have used him here in Orange County

hi alatina im a latina too

im one of those friends la_madam is referring too. i am her neighboor the one who told her about the band since i had it myself.

i have not been online for a few months now, the reason why is i lost my band to slippage. i had lost 30 lbs with the placement of my band and a small fill at 6 weeks post op then the weight loss slowed about 2 months later down so i went down to Mexico for another fill. i got filled to 2.9. i thought it was great until i went to eat solids and realized i couldnt eat them without pbing every day so for the next 5 months i lived on liquids and soft soft mushy type foods. i lost 63 more pounds and was ecstatic now i'm bandless and have been so for the past few months . i was so determined to lose the weight that i did not care at what expense it took. i wouldnt listen to la_madam when she kept telling me i was to tight. here i thought i was the bandster who knew everything and she was a new bandster giving me advice. i should of listened. i had my band removed to slippage. in the 6 months that i lived on liquids and soft foods i became severly anemic and my doctor in tj told me there is now way i could have another band being so anemic and did damage to the lining of my stomach . i have put back almost all of the weight i have lost. im just 17 lbs of my starting weight back when i had the band. i wish i would have listened i would still have my band. i have been so depressed over this i cry everyday. the band is a tool i realize it now but back then i relied on it to do all of the job for me and i paid the ultimate consequence for it. no more band. it saddens me to read your post it sounds so much like myself. please listen to your body do not play games with your tightness. there is real damage that can be done from doing so. im living proof. i just wanted ot share my story with you. la_madam came over to my house and told me about your post so i had to come online and share this with you. if you would like to here more of my story or have questions you can send me a private message.

if it was to stay this tight id have a bit unfilled after awhile.

So glad to read this :rolleyes:

I hope you do not mind me sharing your situation with my neighboor and having her post about her experience but I felt it was important for you to hear from others who have been in your circumstance. I watch her everyday cry over all of this. She wishes she could turn back time.

oh and i forgot to add that my husband left me because of all of this. he is very angry over my stupidity and all the money he spent to have the surgery and i did not follow the guidelines.