Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bet you're sorry you voted for Obama now

Given what he inherited from the bush failures, the obstuctionist republicans and the DINOs, it's amazing what Pres. Obama has accomplished so far. Am I sorry I voted for him? :smile: NO WAY!!!

It turns out that a lot of things that have happened in the less than two years of this administration are the biggest or first or most important in generations.
On the occasion of the Wall Street reform announcement today, Taegan Goddard at 'CQ Politics' wrote, 'Not since FDR has a president done so much to transform this country.'

Ms. Maddow could have stopped right here and I would have been extremely gratified, but she continued:

Even before today`s historic Wall Street reform agreement, President Obama, of course, did what politicians have been trying to do for more than 60 years. He passed
health reform
, which, for the first time, establishes government responsibility for the health care of American citizens.

Consider also the
stimulus bill
It didn`t just throw a lasso around our entire economy and yank and yank it back from the brink.
It also pumped about $100 billion into the crumbling embarrassment of our national infrastructure and transportation system.

Did she just say President Obama yanked the US economy back from the brink? At this point I’m smiling from ear to ear, but still she continued:

It was the largest investment in infrastructure since Ike. For solving our country`s energy problems, something Obama has compared to man walking on the moon, it contained about $60 billion in spending and tax incentives for renewable and clean energy, also a historic investment.

It also included an unheralded but giant investment in science and tech, amping up the budgets at NASA, the National Science Foundation, and an experimental energy research agency that was created under President George W. Bush, but never funded until now.

President Obama’s contribution so far to science and technology is one of the most under reported items of his still nascent administration. But there is more to come:

President Obama also expanded
state kids` health insurance
to cover another four million kids. He signed the
Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act
amending the 1964 civil rights act for equal pay for equal work.

He signed a nuclear arms deal with Russia that would reduce both countries` arsenals by a third. He created a new global nonproliferation initiative to keep nuclear materials out of the hands of terrorists.

Did all this happen in just 18 months? I thought this President was such a disappointment. Ms. Maddow:

He set forth an international way forward on that radical left-wing proposition of Ronald Reagan, a world without nuclear weapons. Then there are the legislative and policy achievements that don`t just build on previously-set precedents, but set new ones.

The Hate Crimes Prevention Act, also known as the Matthew Shepard Act. It had languished in Congress for years. The food and Drug Administration permitted for the first time to
regulate tobacco.

Obama fired two wartime commanding generals in little over a year.
He overhauled the astonishing stupidity of the student loan system in which banks were being subsidized to give loans that were guaranteed by the government anyway, a license to print money.

That was ended in the savings put toward actual aid to students. He canceled a weapons program that was bloated, unnecessary and totally irrelevant to either of our current wars, the F-22.
Why even mention the cancellation of a single weapons system? Because that never happens. Weapons systems never get canceled. The F-22 did, which is itself a miracle.

Maddow also spoke of disappointments, but the difference in her expressed disappointment was the fact that she did not allow her disappointment to vilify or characterized this President as being worthless or the same as Bush:

In each of these achievements and in the list of things he has yet to do -'Don`t Ask, Don`t Tell,' closing Guantanamo - in each of these things, there is room for liberal disappointment. I sing a bittersweet lullaby to the lost public option when I go to sleep at night.

But presidential legacies are complex. Not even the Reagan administration`s legacy is pure as the conservative-driven snow. But Taegan Goddard at CQ Politics was right today about nothing this big happening since FDR.

This was certainly an amazing broadcast and one that actually left me stunned. Maddow ended with this:

The list of legislative accomplishments of this president in half a term even before energy reform which he`s probably going to get to is, to quote the vice president, 'a big freaking deal.'
Love this administration or hate it,
this president is getting a lot done.
The last time any president did this much in office, booze was illegal. If you believe in policy, if you believe in government that addresses problems, cheers to that. Good night.

You people may call these deeds of Obama "accomplishments" and "achievements", But we call them "bringing us to the brink of annhiliation".

What one man gives away and splurges on, another is forced to work very hard to pay for.

Liberals are known for their tax and spend mentality. They spend until they are forced to vomit! And even then, they will shove a handful of dollar bills down their throats to keep from spewing forth their upchuck!

Some of these extravagant expenditures are just dandy until one must come up with the means to pay for them.

Devastating Poll Numbers for President Obama

Americans are more pessimistic about the state of the country and less confident in President Barack Obama's leadership than at any point since Mr. Obama entered the White House, according to a new Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll.

The survey also shows grave and growing concerns about the Gulf oil spill, with overwhelming majorities of adults favoring stronger regulation of the oil industry and believing that the spill will affect the nation's economy and environment.

Sixty-two percent of adults in the survey feel the country is on the wrong track, the highest level since before the 2008 election. Just one-third think the economy will get better over the next year, a 7-point drop from a month ago and the low point of Mr. Obama's tenure.

Amid anxiety over the nation's course, support for Mr. Obama and other incumbents is eroding. For the first time, more people disapprove of Mr. Obama's job performance than approve. And 57% of voters would prefer to elect a new person to Congress than re-elect their local representatives, the highest share in 18 years.

President Barack Obama pauses in the East Room of the White House in Washington on April 6.

The results show "a really ugly mood and an unhappy electorate," said Democratic pollster Peter Hart, who conducts the Journal/NBC poll with GOP pollster Bill McInturff. "The voters, I think, are just looking for change, and that means bad news for incumbents and in particular for the Democrats."

And that 44% was just 2 months ago in April. It just gets worse and worse as the months tick by. We're at 62% now who feel the country is on the wrong track. The more Obama does, the less the people care for him. He needs to GO! 2012 can't come soon enough for me!

Keep in mind that much of the spending we are currently doing is for bush's failed policies: the two wars (both unfunded), the 2 tax cuts for the rich (both unfunded) and the medicare part D (unfunded).

Plus our biggest expenditures are mandated: social security, medicare, medicaid and then there's the military.

Let's see what plans the neocons who are running for office have for reducing any of THESE programs.

And as for Pres. Obama's poll numbers - what would you expect when the bashing continues day after day from the conservative media who find fault with everything he does and the stupid people can't discern fact from fiction? I can and do which is why I know he's doing a great job. I will concede that the democrats need to do a better job at getting the message out, so here's my part:

In the last six months more jobs were created than in the 8 years of the bush administration.

Edited by Cleo's Mom

Keep in mind that much of the spending we are currently doing is for bush's failed policies: the two wars (both unfunded), the 2 tax cuts for the rich (both unfunded) and the medicare part D (unfunded).

I know that, and you'd think that because of the debt our country was in before he stepped on the pedestal, that he would cease to add to it. But NO! He added more than any president in history ever added to their current debt! He's a spendthrift, a credit card user, an irresponsible, financially unsavy person. A liberal. That says it all. Tax and Spend, Spend, Spend. That will solve all our problems.:)

Plus our biggest expenditures are mandated: social security, medicare, medicaid and then there's the military.

Let's see what plans the neocons who are running for office have for reducing any of THESE programs.

And as for Pres. Obama's poll numbers - what would you expect when the bashing continues day after day from the conservative media who find fault with everything he does and the stupid people can't discern fact from fiction? I can do which is why I know he's doing a great job. I will concede that the democrats need to do a better job at getting the message out, so here's my part:

In the last six months more jobs were created than in the 8 years of the bush administration.

Government paid jobs DO NOT count as jobs created. They may be actual jobs for the individual who is wroking them, but they are jobs that ALL Americans will have to pay the salaries for from this day forward! Only Private sector jobs are considered a celebration. Government jobs have no "Congratulations President Obama" from me!

The government payroll is far exceeding the private sector jobs. We will be dolling out more money than we are able to continue making. What one federal job pays to an individual, another individual has to work hard to pay them. Why is that a reason to rejoice, IYO?

As for bashing Obama, I saw more bashing of Bush by liberals than what is happening with Obama, even though Obama has been squeezing in more of his agenda that the people do not approve of than any president has ever done. Liberals are STILL bashing Bush, even though he's not even there anymore.

Bush-Basher Paul McCartney: Not Just Rude, But Wrong

Posted by Jim Hoft on Thursday, June 3, 2010, 10:22 PM

Those Obamas sure seem to like it when people from foreign countries say insulting things about Americans in the highest houses of our government.

Sir Paul would be the latest.

Too bad the cameras weren’t on the Obama’s after that Bush attack. You know they were chuckling along with all the other radicals at the party.

It turns out that the ignorant one was Paul McCartney.

Laura Bush is a librarian. She and her husband made a mini-cause of supporting literacy and public libraries both in Texas and in Washington DC.

Charles Lane at the WaPo’s Post Partisan Blog reported:

There are many things of which Bush may be fairly accused. It would be boring to list them all. My point here, however, is that
those who smugly deride his ostensible ignorance often inadvertently demonstrate their own.

And so it was with
McCartney’s obnoxious crack, which was not only nasty, and totally inappropriate to the occasion, but also perfectly uninformed.
Bush’s wife Laura is a librarian. She and her husband made a mini-cause of supporting literacy and public libraries, both when he was governor of Texas and

The Bush administration oversaw creation of a federal grant program to train a new generation of librarians. It’s called the
, and it has awarded $130 million to date. During Bush’s presidency, federal funding for public libraries
– a 30 percent increase.

In mocking the boorishness of a former U.S. president, Sir Paul, and those who roared at his remark, unfortunately demonstrated their own.

To see the McCartney video, cklick here:

Edited by pattygreen

Question News & Politics

polls_Bush_Bashing__15667_0902_462751_poll_xlarge.jpeg

Will the Libs EVER quit bashing Bush?

by Chico Posted 07/29/09

Originally published 04:45 a.m., July 29, 2009, updated 09:30 a.m., July 29, 2009

Obama still cashing in on Bush's failings

Joseph Curl (Contact)

Facing the first real rough patch of his presidency, President Obama and his supporters are once again resorting to a tried-and-true tactic: attacking George W. Bush and Dick Cheney.

In his White House press conference last week, Mr. Obama referred to the Bush era at least nine times, three times lamenting that he "inherited" a $1.3 trillion debt that has set back his administration's efforts to fix the economy.

With the former president lying low in Dallas, largely focused on crafting his memoirs, Mr. Obama has increasingly attempted to exploit Mr. Bush when discussing the weak economy, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and the difficulty closing the military prison at U.S. Naval Base Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

As he took power, Mr. Obama promised a "new era of responsibility" that would transcend partisan politics.

"For a guy who campaigned on taking responsibility and looking forward, he spends an awful lot of time pointing fingers and looking backward," (Sounds like Cleo'smom)said former Bush deputy press secretary Tony Fratto, who has begun defending the previous administration.

But Democrats think Mr. Obama would be remiss if he did not point out what he inherited.

"I'm not convinced that Obama and his supporters are bashing Bush as much as they are quite rightfully reminding people that our current economic mess and the wars were inherited from the Bush administration," said Democratic strategist Bud Jackson. "It's important to remind people of this because Republicans are now criticizing the Obama administration as if they had no role in how we got here."

Democratic Party strategist Liz Chadderdon said the strategy of blaming the previous team has been effective.

"I think Bush-bashing has been alive and well since '07 and, since it keeps working, why not use it?" she said. "Voters have short memories. The administration needs to remind people that things were way worse over the last four years than in the last six months."

Mixed feelings among voters about health care reform have shaken the president's approval ratings from the high poll numbers when he took office. Six months into his term, 30 percent of the nation's voters "strongly approve" of Mr. Obama's job performance, according to a survey released Monday by the Rasmussen polling organization.

The poll showed that 40 percent "strongly disapprove" of the president's performance, marking the first time the disparity has reached double digits.

(and now we are up over 62%)

Since taking office, Mr. Obama has implemented a $787 billion stimulus package that has failed to produce a quick economic turnaround and the U.S. economy has shed more than 2.5 million jobs.

Mr. Obama hardly ever refers to Mr. Bush by name. In fact, his Web site, whitehouse.gov, recently scrubbed the name of the former president out of a reference to Hurricane Katrina, which once read: "President Obama will keep the broken promises made by President Bush to rebuild New Orleans and the Gulf Coast."

Now, the "President Bush" is gone.

Although Mr. Obama's effort is subtle, his rhetoric is clear. On his first trip overseas, Mr. Obama referred to Mr. Bush's foreign policy and said the United States has "shown arrogance" and been "dismissive, even derisive." He said decisions of the past had "lowered our standing in the world."

"There are some mornings I read the news and feel like it's January 2009 -- there are so many stories making the front page about things that President Bush thought about and didn't do," said former White House press secretary Dana Perino. "I find it hard to believe that there aren't more interesting stories affecting Americans in the here and now that can garner that kind of space. But the obsession continues unabated."

Even when asserting his responsibility for addressing the nation's problems, Mr. Obama manages to highlight that he was left to deal with others' missteps.

At a town-hall meeting this month in Michigan -- the state with the nation's highest jobless rate -- Mr. Obama said that fixing the economy is "a job I gladly accept."

But he added, "I love these folks who helped get us in this mess. And then suddenly say, 'Oh, this is Obama's economy.'"

The liberals can't get away from bashing Bush, yet critisize Conservatives for their Obama Bashing. Hypocrites!

Government paid jobs DO NOT count as jobs created. They may be actual jobs for the individual who is wroking them, but they are jobs that ALL Americans will have to pay the salaries for from this day forward! I have to laugh that people who work in the private sector don't think our tax dollars go to them. They do. Westinghouse Research could not exist without government (read: taxes) contracts. Also, all the big defense contractors - private jobs, but government tax dollars. And then there's our tax dollars used for private corporate welfare. Your arguement is a false one. Only Private sector jobs are considered a celebration.By you and others with convuluted thinking. Ask a person with a "government" job if they would rather be unemployed and wait for a "real" private sector job. Government jobs have no "Congratulations President Obama" from me! What a shock. Good thing I'm sitting down.

The government payroll is far exceeding the private sector jobs.Provide statistics to prove this. We will be dolling out more money than we are able to continue making. What one federal job pays to an individual, another individual has to work hard to pay them. Why is that a reason to rejoice, IYO?

As for bashing Obama, I saw more bashing of Bush by liberals than what is happening with Obama, even though Obama has been squeezing in more of his agenda that the people do not approve of than any president has ever done.Everything on his agenda is what he ran for as a candidate and people overwhelmingly voted for him and his agenda. Liberals are STILL bashing Bush, even though he's not even there anymore.BECAUSE HIS POLICIES ARE THE REASON WE'RE IN THE MESS WE ARE. I know the neocons would like to forget about bush's failed policies and try daily to rewrite history or at least ignore it. It is up to us progressives to make sure that doesn't happen and to remind people the failures that happened when the republicans were in charge.

Question News & Politics

polls_Bush_Bashing__15667_0902_462751_poll_xlarge.jpeg

Will the Libs EVER quit bashing Bush?

by Chico Posted 07/29/09

Originally published 04:45 a.m., July 29, 2009, updated 09:30 a.m., July 29, 2009

Obama still cashing in on Bush's failings

Joseph Curl (Contact)

Facing the first real rough patch of his presidency, President Obama and his supporters are once again resorting to a tried-and-true tactic: attacking George W. Bush and Dick Cheney.

In his White House press conference last week, Mr. Obama referred to the Bush era at least nine times, three times lamenting that he "inherited" a $1.3 trillion debt that has set back his administration's efforts to fix the economy.

With the former president lying low in Dallas, largely focused on crafting his memoirs, Mr. Obama has increasingly attempted to exploit Mr. Bush when discussing the weak economy, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and the difficulty closing the military prison at U.S. Naval Base Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

As he took power, Mr. Obama promised a "new era of responsibility" that would transcend partisan politics.

"For a guy who campaigned on taking responsibility and looking forward, he spends an awful lot of time pointing fingers and looking backward," (Sounds like Cleo'smom)said former Bush deputy press secretary Tony Fratto, who has begun defending the previous administration.

But Democrats think Mr. Obama would be remiss if he did not point out what he inherited.

"I'm not convinced that Obama and his supporters are bashing Bush as much as they are quite rightfully reminding people that our current economic mess and the wars were inherited from the Bush administration," said Democratic strategist Bud Jackson. "It's important to remind people of this because Republicans are now criticizing the Obama administration as if they had no role in how we got here."

Democratic Party strategist Liz Chadderdon said the strategy of blaming the previous team has been effective.

"I think Bush-bashing has been alive and well since '07 and, since it keeps working, why not use it?" she said. "Voters have short memories. The administration needs to remind people that things were way worse over the last four years than in the last six months."

Mixed feelings among voters about health care reform have shaken the president's approval ratings from the high poll numbers when he took office. Six months into his term, 30 percent of the nation's voters "strongly approve" of Mr. Obama's job performance, according to a survey released Monday by the Rasmussen polling organization.

The poll showed that 40 percent "strongly disapprove" of the president's performance, marking the first time the disparity has reached double digits.

(and now we are up over 62%)

Since taking office, Mr. Obama has implemented a $787 billion stimulus package that has failed to produce a quick economic turnaround and the U.S. economy has shed more than 2.5 million jobs.

Mr. Obama hardly ever refers to Mr. Bush by name. In fact, his Web site, whitehouse.gov, recently scrubbed the name of the former president out of a reference to Hurricane Katrina, which once read: "President Obama will keep the broken promises made by President Bush to rebuild New Orleans and the Gulf Coast."

Now, the "President Bush" is gone.

Although Mr. Obama's effort is subtle, his rhetoric is clear. On his first trip overseas, Mr. Obama referred to Mr. Bush's foreign policy and said the United States has "shown arrogance" and been "dismissive, even derisive." He said decisions of the past had "lowered our standing in the world."

"There are some mornings I read the news and feel like it's January 2009 -- there are so many stories making the front page about things that President Bush thought about and didn't do," said former White House press secretary Dana Perino. "I find it hard to believe that there aren't more interesting stories affecting Americans in the here and now that can garner that kind of space. But the obsession continues unabated."

Even when asserting his responsibility for addressing the nation's problems, Mr. Obama manages to highlight that he was left to deal with others' missteps.

At a town-hall meeting this month in Michigan -- the state with the nation's highest jobless rate -- Mr. Obama said that fixing the economy is "a job I gladly accept."

But he added, "I love these folks who helped get us in this mess. And then suddenly say, 'Oh, this is Obama's economy.'"

The liberals can't get away from bashing Bush, yet critisize Conservatives for their Obama Bashing. Hypocrites!

Because bush's policies nearly destroyed this country and brought our economy to near collapse. I know the neocons would like to forget this (I'll make sure that doesn't happen) but we are living the results of his failures every day.

Now, Pres. Obama's policies have turned job losses into job gains but the republicans want to go into reverse back to job losses. And the people who support this aren't stupid? :)

May 3, 2010

Federal Government Outpaces Private Sector in Job Creation

Both see more hiring than firing; the opposite is true in state and local governments

by Frank Newport

PRINCETON, NJ -- Gallup's Job Creation Index for April reveals significantly more hiring within the federal government than in the private sector. Both show a substantially more positive picture than state and local governments, where firing far eclipses hiring.

tya1squpakwatuiq7rqeyg.gif

Gallup's Job Creation Index is based on the percentage of American workers who say their employers are hiring minus the percentage who say their employers are letting workers go. The overall Index value for American workers in April tilts positive, with 27% of workers saying their places of employment are hiring, and 22% saying their employers are letting people go -- resulting in an overall +5 Job Creation Index.

These overall numbers, however, mask significantly different patterns across employment sectors. Based on these reports from workers, the federal government is a growth industry, while employment at state and local governments is shrinking.

By almost a 2-to-1 margin, federal employees say their employer is hiring rather than firing, giving the federal government a relatively robust +18 Job Creation Index for April. (Federal workers make up about 5% of the sample of workers Gallup interviewed in April.) This contrasts with Index values of -28 among state and -26 among local government workers (about 7% and 5% of Gallup's workforce sample, respectively). The Job Creation Index among private-sector and other non-government workers is +9.

Bottom Line

Gallup's Job Creation Index clearly indicates that state and local governments are in the midst of significant downsizing, no doubt reflecting budgetary issues resulting from recessionary pressures on the tax (and other) revenue that funds these governments.

Hiring at the federal level has apparently to date escaped these same fiscal pressures. Indeed, the federal government appears to be significantly outpacing the private sector in terms of the relative number of jobs created.

How long this pattern will continue is difficult to project. The federal budget deficit is likely to become a prominent element of political debate in the months and years ahead, thus opening up the possibility of increased employment pressures at the federal level. At the moment, however, the federal government is one of the brightest spots in the nation's hiring picture.

Government paid jobs DO NOT count as jobs created. They may be actual jobs for the individual who is wroking them, but they are jobs that ALL Americans will have to pay the salaries for from this day forward! I have to laugh that people who work in the private sector don't think our tax dollars go to them. They do. Westinghouse Research could not exist without government (read: taxes) contracts. Also, all the big defense contractors - private jobs, but government tax dollars. And then there's our tax dollars used for private corporate welfare. Your arguement is a false one.

I do not want my tax dollars to have to pay for ANOTHER government employee's salary. If that employee worked for a private company, then the company would pay his salary, not you and I.

Only Private sector jobs are considered a celebration.By you and others with convuluted thinking. Ask a person with a "government" job if they would rather be unemployed and wait for a "real" private sector job.

Whether it's what they would "prefer" or not is irrelivent. Every time we add another job to the government's payroll, we essentially take away a job from the private sector, cause we cant afford both. SOMEONE has to pay for that government job. I know you liberals can't comprehend that, but it's true. Every dollar that the government pays toward a government employee's salary comes from the private sector.

Government jobs have no "Congratulations President Obama" from me! What a shock. Good thing I'm sitting down.

The government payroll is far exceeding the private sector jobs.Provide statistics to prove this. (see post below)We will be dolling out more money than we are able to continue making. What one federal job pays to an individual, another individual has to work hard to pay them. Why is that a reason to rejoice, IYO?

As for bashing Obama, I saw more bashing of Bush by liberals than what is happening with Obama, even though Obama has been squeezing in more of his agenda that the people do not approve of than any president has ever done.Everything on his agenda is what he ran for as a candidate and people overwhelmingly voted for him and his agenda. (no, they voted for a change, a change that they thought would be unlike the past president, and all they see is more of the same, and far worse)

Liberals are STILL bashing Bush, even though he's not even there anymore.BECAUSE HIS POLICIES ARE THE REASON WE'RE IN THE MESS WE ARE. I know the neocons would like to forget about bush's failed policies and try daily to rewrite history or at least ignore it. It is up to us progressives to make sure that doesn't happen and to remind people the failures that happened when the republicans were in charge.

All we can see are the failures of what is happening right now!

May 3, 2010

Federal Government Outpaces Private Sector in Job Creation

Both see more hiring than firing; the opposite is true in state and local governments

by Frank Newport

PRINCETON, NJ -- Gallup's Job Creation Index for April reveals significantly more hiring within the federal government than in the private sector. Both show a substantially more positive picture than state and local governments, where firing far eclipses hiring.

tya1squpakwatuiq7rqeyg.gif

Gallup's Job Creation Index is based on the percentage of American workers who say their employers are hiring minus the percentage who say their employers are letting workers go. The overall Index value for American workers in April tilts positive, with 27% of workers saying their places of employment are hiring, and 22% saying their employers are letting people go -- resulting in an overall +5 Job Creation Index.

These overall numbers, however, mask significantly different patterns across employment sectors. Based on these reports from workers, the federal government is a growth industry, while employment at state and local governments is shrinking.

By almost a 2-to-1 margin, federal employees say their employer is hiring rather than firing, giving the federal government a relatively robust +18 Job Creation Index for April. (Federal workers make up about 5% of the sample of workers Gallup interviewed in April.) This contrasts with Index values of -28 among state and -26 among local government workers (about 7% and 5% of Gallup's workforce sample, respectively). The Job Creation Index among private-sector and other non-government workers is +9.

Bottom Line

Gallup's Job Creation Index clearly indicates that state and local governments are in the midst of significant downsizing, no doubt reflecting budgetary issues resulting from recessionary pressures on the tax (and other) revenue that funds these governments.

Hiring at the federal level has apparently to date escaped these same fiscal pressures. Indeed, the federal government appears to be significantly outpacing the private sector in terms of the relative number of jobs created.

How long this pattern will continue is difficult to project. The federal budget deficit is likely to become a prominent element of political debate in the months and years ahead, thus opening up the possibility of increased employment pressures at the federal level. At the moment, however, the federal government is one of the brightest spots in the nation's hiring picture.

You said the government payroll outpaces the private sector. This does not prove that statement. This shows that the government is hiring more than the private sector and THAT IS A GOOD THING. A government job is a job and it does not take a job away from the private sector. If the private sector would hire and quit trying to get more work (for free ) from existing workers then the federal government wouldn't have to hire people.

Keep in mind that when a person is hired by the federal government, the pay taxes, buy things and stimulate the economy. As the economy improves, the deficit is reduced and fewer people depend on government programs (aid). They become productive members of our society. And that is a good thing.

I wish the government would do more hiring, like the WPA program under FDR. Another great president the neocons hate.

All we can see are the failures of what is happening right now!

I don't see any failures - just successes.

-healthcare reform - passed

-stimulus that turned economy around (job losses to job gains)

-financial reform - about to pass

-clean energy bill - on horizon

-replaced insubordinate McCrystal - done

-got $20 billion from bp for people and recovery - done

Plus all the other ones I listed.

Why don't you list all of bush's successes in EIGHT YEARS? I would like to see that list. Not a cut and paste, just your list.

It's downright hilarious to watch patty complain about "Bush bashing" when all she does is Obama bash. And before that, she was busy bashing Clinton. Remember??? She swore that Clinton's failed policies are why 9/11 happened. Which was patently false. The Republican dominated congress stopped Clinton from being as aggressive as he wanted to be with terrorists in certain middle eastern countries.

So whether the bashing is deserved or not, it's going to happen from the opposition camp. That's the way it is in American politics. In fact, that's the way it is in politics everywhere. We're just dirtier about it than in some countries.

I'd like to see patty's list of Bush accomplishments too - particularly when it comes his economic accomplishments - which is what she constantly wrings her hands and whines about regarding this administration.

Edited by BJean