Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bet you're sorry you voted for Obama now

WOW! "Spend Spend Spend"? More like "Borrow Borrow Borrow" ha ha...when has the US ever done anything different? Its nothing new.

I love the whole Bush vs. Obama debate! Its actually hilarious to me.

As for the last election, I voted for Obama but its probably because im in the age bracket he appealed to the most. Do I regret it? I cant tell yet, but looking back I can say that MTV shoved Obama down the throat of 18-25 yr olds everywhere, most of whom I dont think even would have voted otherwise. Also looking back, I don't personally see anyone who would have been a better choice.

Show me a president that has done everything right, and I'll let you see my extraordinary flying pig.

As for missing Bush? Loose Change 2nd Edition Recut

Other things I'll mention...

Abortion is wrong unless the mother is physically unable to carry. Also If its the product of rape.

Gay's in the army rock! Those of you who disagree think of it as an insurance policy...theyre gonna die anyway.

BP cut corners to save money. But Bush made it possible. Save the aminals people! Support the fisherman! Oh ya and dont buy Tilapia unless farmed...when we faught in vietnam we used to throw dead soldiers [friendly and enemy] in the now most popular Tilapia fishing fields...GROSS!

9/11 is NOT a joke! and its NOT a hoax. The truth [in my eyes] is that a lot of innocent people died for the dreams of 1 family. I only wish I had the forsight to plan ahead like them...maybe my room would get clean. "Kill one, save a thousand" right?

Global warming is a real thing. Its happening right now, right before our eyes. One day life on earth will cease to exist and evolution will start from scratch. Its happened before, it WILL happen again. If lifeforms before US [as in humans] couldnt prevent it...WTF makes you think that switching your lightbulbs or buying a Prius is gonna change it? With that said...I recycle, have energy star appliances, switched my bulbs, convinced my parents to get a Hybrid, and I own a section of highway that I clean once a week. Its the least I can do. Disney said it best..."make a change" you just might delay our inevitable demise.

Last thoughts? GO IRELAND! YUP YUP!

Thats all folks!

Oh god...another thing to add...why is God being brought up so much in a political thread? Division of church and state! DUHHHHH!

Enjoyed your post! Like your sense of humor. I think that eventually you will be proud that you voted for Obama. There's a lot going on and we're in a transitional phase that leaves us with a lot of questions right now. But I believe that he has a good heart and good intentions for this country. And that's what you want from a president. Not a self-serving, to hell with you people, kind of man.

The process sometimes results in embryos being discarded. a doctor will transfer embryos to the woman's uterus with the hope that at least one will implant. The ones that don't implant die. (aborted) There are situations in which multiple embryos will survive and grow. At that point the couple will have to decide whether to abort or carry multiple children. Some choose to abort all but the amount they want. This would be wrong. So, if ANY fetus' are killed (or frozen) in the process, it is wrong, IMO.

God set up a plan for male and female to marry and start a family together. I tend to think that if that couple can't bare children of their own, then they should be childless until God opens her womb. If he doesn't, then it is because he intended her to be childless. Or he intended her to adopt orphans. To God, every human being is loved the same by Him, therefore, if he intends for you to raise a child of your own, you will, and if he intends for you to to be barren, then you may take in orphans. This is just my view. I don't know how God would feel about invitro fertilization. Because the woman is married to her husband, yet using the sperm of another man. She isn't committing adultry, so He may not object. But the man who poured out his sperm to donate it had to masturbate, and I am not sure if that is sinful to God or not. Some say it is only if your thoughts are sinful while you do it, and some say it is not a sin. So, I can't answer that. At least IVF is making life and not ending it, like abortion does.

Seriously! Are you kidding? Now you are against Masterbation too!!!!??????

Perhaps GOD intended masterbation to take the 'edge' of sexual tentions so that there would be less rape.... thereby negating the need for an abortion later????

Hummm, birth control????

Do you feel 'organ' donations to be wrong??? You are implanting something foreign into anothers body????

Seriously! Are you kidding? Now you are against Masterbation too!!!!??????

Perhaps GOD intended masterbation to take the 'edge' of sexual tentions so that there would be less rape.... thereby negating the need for an abortion later????

Hummm, birth control????

Do you feel 'organ' donations to be wrong??? You are implanting something foreign into anothers body????

I didn't say that I was against masturbation. Read it again. I said, and I quote: "I am not sure if that is sinful to God or not. Some say it is only if your thoughts are sinful while you do it, and some say it is not a sin. So, I can't answer that."

I feel organ donations are a good thing. They save lives. I believe that God gave doctors the knowledge and the wisdom to use others organs to save the lives of those who need them.

When you need to 'sin' in order to achieve your final goal, then what you are doing is wrong.

WOW! "Spend Spend Spend"? More like "Borrow Borrow Borrow" ha ha...when has the US ever done anything different? Its nothing new.

Actually, it is new. Obama has spent more money than any other president to date. We've never had this kind of frivilous spending to the point of bankrupting the country. It's almost as if that's his goal.

Actually, it is new. Obama has spent more money than any other president to date. We've never had this kind of frivilous spending to the point of bankrupting the country. It's almost as if that's his goal.

Yes, I heard he is putting the country up for sale to the highest bidder. Get ready to learn Chinese. :(

Didn't you hear him run on bankrupting this country when he was a candidate? Oh, wait, that wasn't him. How stupid of me (the sound you hear is me smacking my forehead)!! That was bush who turned a surplus into a deficit and drove this country into bankruptcy, and a near depression with all his unnecessary spending and tax cuts that didn't do one thing for this country. NOT ONE THING.

At least Pres. Obama's spending is getting us out of the bush recession. I am so glad he's at the helm.

Well, here will follow PG's cut and paste about Obama's spending and then I will follow with how much of it is to pay for bush's programs. etc..etc..etc...:( Yawn.

Yes, I heard he is putting the country up for sale to the highest bidder. Get ready to learn Chinese. :(

Didn't you hear him run on bankrupting this country when he was a candidate? Oh, wait, that wasn't him. How stupid of me (the sound you hear is me smacking my forehead)!! That was bush who turned a surplus into a deficit and drove this country into bankruptcy, and a near depression with all his unnecessary spending and tax cuts that didn't do one thing for this country. NOT ONE THING.

At least Pres. Obama's spending is getting us out of the bush recession. I am so glad he's at the helm.

Well, here will follow PG's cut and paste about Obama's spending and then I will follow with how much of it is to pay for bush's programs. etc..etc..etc...:( Yawn.

You have a nerve to say anything about me cutting and pasting, especially when YOU are the cut and paste QUEEN!!!!!

You have a nerve to say anything about me cutting and pasting, especially when YOU are the cut and paste QUEEN!!!!!

At least my posts are facts and not some opinion of some bloated windbag on the right predicting gloom and doom around every corner. :(

Ok seriously...our country hasn't been paying its debts. We borrow more than we make, and spend more than we have. I'm pretty sure we're already "bankrupt" and it has nothing to do with Obama.

Talk about Brain Dead flat-liner Tea Bagger Republicans...whatabout MS Governor Haley Barbour? He wants NO temporary stoppage of deep oil drilling in the Gulf cause the crew and rigs may go elsewhere to drill and the area might loose jobs! The entire Gulf and the sea life and Water fowl are all going to be killed off and this idiot still wants to keep drilling while the oil is still gushing. Even Palin has shut her dumb ass mouth and has`nt said Drill Baby Drill in months. Where do we get these wacko`s? Must be that "Old Time Religion"!

I didn't say that I was against masturbation. Read it again. I said, and I quote: "I am not sure if that is sinful to God or not. Some say it is only if your thoughts are sinful while you do it, and some say it is not a sin. So, I can't answer that."

I feel organ donations are a good thing. They save lives. I believe that God gave doctors the knowledge and the wisdom to use others organs to save the lives of those who need them.

When you need to 'sin' in order to achieve your final goal, then what you are doing is wrong.

Im an organ donor and thats all I thought about when getting my band. I was hoping the drs. didnt do a Murtha on me to save some politicians life!

Yes, I heard he is putting the country up for sale to the highest bidder. Get ready to learn Chinese. ;)

Well, here will follow PG's cut and paste about Obama's spending and then I will follow with how much of it is to pay for bush's programs. etc..etc..etc...:devil_smile: Yawn.

I was watching Fox News the other day and there was a rep strategist on. He said "sure the economy is recovering but at a snells pace"! Before it wasnt happening, now its happening but to slow! I also listened to Hannity's radio show the other day and he was mad because Obama put a freeze on deep sea drilling. He said Obama is putting people out of work(it has nothing to do with the evnironment being ruined). Then he's mad because he's(Obama) not doing enough about the oil leak! Hannity was mad because we wont drill in Alaska. The guest he had on said it was all about politics with Obama. Damned if he does, Damned if he doesnt!

File this under my third mantra: "And these are who some people want to elect more of?" :devil_smile:

BP's Spill Fund a $20 Billion Shakedown, Barton Says (Update2)

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

©2010 Bloomberg News

June 17 (Bloomberg) - Representative Joe Barton, a Texas Republican, said a fund BP Plc agreed to establish after meeting with President Barack Obama yesterday amounted to "a $20 billion shakedown."

"I'm ashamed of what happened in the White House," Barton said today as a House Energy Committee panel began a hearing on BP's Gulf of Mexico oil spill. The Obama administration called Barton's comments "shameful."

The London-based oil company agreed yesterday to Obama's request to establish a fund to pay damages from the spill, and to temporarily suspend dividends as Gulf residents and businesses begin filing claims. BP said it will commit $20 billion to the fund.

Barton spoke in opening statements before testimony to the committee by BP Chief Executive Officer Tony Hayward, in his first appearance before Congress since its oil well exploded.

"It is a tragedy of the first proportion that a private corporation can be subjected to what I would characterize as a shakedown, in this case, a $20 billion shakedown," Barton said.

White House press secretary Robert Gibbs called in a statement for lawmakers from both parties to "repudiate his comments."

'Big Corporations'

"What is shameful is that Joe Barton seems to have more concern for big corporations that caused this disaster than the fishermen, small business owners and communities whose lives have been devastated by the destruction," Gibbs said.

Representative Edward Markey, a Massachusetts Democrat, rebuked Barton at the hearing, saying he disagreed "in the strongest possible terms."

"It was the government of the United States working to protect the most vulnerable citizens that we have in our country right now, the residents of the Gulf," Markey said.

HE APOLOGIZED TO BP. CAN YOU IMAGINE?? THE UNMITIGATED GALL OF THESE REPUBLICANS IS BEYOND THE IMAGINAION.

So once again we see a republican standing with big oil, just like we have seen them stand with wall street, the big banks and the insurance industry. BUT KEEP IN MIND THAT BARTON GOT $1.4 MILLION FROM THE OIL INDUSTRY. HOW DO YOU SPELL W-H-*-*E?

Those middle class people who vote republican do so against their own economic self interest. Republicans have never, I repeat never, done anything for the middle class in this country.

Edited by Cleo's Mom

Here's more:

House Conservatives Call Escrow Account 'Chicago Style Shakedown'

The Republican Study Committee, a group of conservative members of the House, released a statement today calling the $20 billion BP escrow account a "Chicago-style political shakedown."

"BP's reported willingness to go along with the White House's new fund suggests that the Obama Administration is hard at work exerting its brand of Chicago-style shakedown politics,

wrote chairman Tom Price (R-GA). "These actions are emblematic of a politicization of our economy that has been borne out of this Administration's drive for greater power and control."

The full statement:

We all agree that BP should be held fully responsible for its complicity in the oil tragedy in the Gulf," said Chairman Price. "In fact, BP has already begun paying claims. Any attempt by the company to sidestep that responsibility should be met with the strongest legal recourses available. However, in an administration that appears not to respect fundamental American principles, it is important to note that there is no legal authority for the President to compel a private company to set up or contribute to an escrow account. BP's reported willingness to go along with the White House's new fund suggests that the Obama Administration is hard at work exerting its brand of Chicago-style shakedown politics.
No, it reflects an effective, smart and tough president.
These actions are emblematic of a politicization of our economy that has been borne out of this Administration's drive for greater power and control. It is the same mentality that believes an economic crisis or an environmental disaster is the best opportunity to pursue a failed liberal agenda. The American people know much better.

Candidate John McCain said that if elected "we would know them by their names" (referring to those asking for earmarks) - well, the following are the wh**es of the oil industry who make up the republican study committee and we shall know them by their names:

RSC Member List

Robert Aderholt(AL-04)Todd Akin(MO-02)Rodney Alexander(LA-05)Steve Austria(OH-07)Michele Bachmann(MN-06)Spencer Bachus(AL-06)J.Gresham Barrett(SC-03)Roscoe Bartlett(MD-06)Joe Barton(TX-06)Brian Bilbray(CA-50)Gus Bilirakis (FL-09)Rob Bishop(UT-01)Marsha Blackburn(TN-07)Jo Bonner(AL-01)John Boozman(AR-03)Kevin Brady(TX-08)Paul Broun(GA-10)Henry Brown(SC-01)Vern Buchanan(FL-13)Michael Burgess(TX-26)Dan Burton(IN-05)Dave Camp(MI-04)John Campbell(CA-48)Eric Cantor(VA-07)John Carter(TX-31)Bill Cassidy(LA-06)Jason Chaffetz(UT-03)Howard Coble (NC-06)Mike Coffman(CO-06)Tom Cole(OK-04)Michael Conaway(TX-11)John Culberson(TX-07)Geoff Davis(KY-04)Mary Fallin(OK-05)Jeff Flake(AZ-06)John Fleming(LA-04)Randy Forbes(VA-04)Jeff Fortenberry(NE-01)Virginia Foxx(NC-05)Trent Franks(AZ-02)Scott Garrett(NJ-05)Phil Gingrey(GA-11)Louie Gohmert(TX-01)Bob Goodlatte(VA-06)Kay Granger (TX-12) Sam Graves(MO-06)Parker Griffith (AL-05)Brett Guthrie(KY-02)Ralph Hall (TX-04)Gregg Harper(MS-03)Jeb Hensarling(TX-05)Wally Herger(CA-02)Pete Hoekstra(MI-02)Duncan D. Hunter

(CA-52)Bob Inglis(SC-04)Darrell Issa(CA-49)Lynn Jenkins(KS-02)Sam Johnson(TX-03)Jim Jordan(OH-04)Steve King(IA-05)Jack Kingston(GA-01)John Kline(MN-02)Doug Lamborn(CO-05)Robert Latta (OH-05)Christopher Lee(NY-26)John Linder(GA-07)Frank Lucas(OK-03)Blaine Luetkemeyer(MO-09)Cynthia Lummis(WY)Dan Lungren(CA-03)Connie Mack(FL-14)Don Manzullo(IL-16)Kenny Marchant(TX-24)Michael McCaul(TX-10)Tom McClintock(CA-04)Thaddeus McCotter(MI-11)Patrick McHenry(NC-10)Buck McKeon(CA-25)Cathy McMorris Rodgers(WA-05)Gary Miller(CA-42)Jeff Miller(FL-01)Jerry Moran(KS-01)Sue Myrick(NC-09)Randy Neugebauer(TX-19)Pete Olson(TX-22)Mike Pence (IN-06)Joe Pitts(PA-16)Ted Poe(TX-02)Bill Posey(FL-15)Tom Price(GA-06)George Radanovich(CA-19)Denny Rehberg(MT)Phil Roe(TN-01)Tom Rooney(FL-16)Peter Roskam(IL-06)Ed Royce(CA-40)Paul Ryan(WI-01)Steve Scalise(LA-01)Aaron Schock(IL-18)Jean Schmidt(OH-02)Pete Sessions(TX-32)John Shadegg(AZ-03)John Shimkus(IL-19)Lamar Smith(TX-21)Cliff Stearns(FL-06)John Sullivan(OK-01)Glenn Thompson(PA-05)Mac Thornberry(TX-13)Todd Tiahrt(KS-04)Mike Turner(OH-03)Zach Wamp(TN-03)Lynn Westmoreland(GA-03)Joe Wilson(SC-02)Robert Wittman(VA-01)

These people need to be voted out of office. They are disgusting and despicable and sorry excuses for human beings. Then they can become lobbyists for the oil industry, which effectively they are now anyway.

Edited by Cleo's Mom