Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello and Happy Monday!

Good morning. My name is Elizabeth and I'm from Naples, FL. I was banded back on December 29th by Dr. Thomas Bass and have lost 26 lbs. to date :hurray:.

I'm loving my band, but am moving forward without any real restriction. I know that I can currently eat more than I do, but I don't. I think I have 6 cc's in a 14 cc band and will most likely get another fill at my appointment in March. I'm a little frustrated though because my scale hasn't budged since my Feb 11th appt. and fill :hurray:. I'm thinking that my PCOS may have something to do with that, which really stinks :hurray:.

My doctor recommends a good carb diet similar to South Beach in addition to exercise, which I'm doing great with. I just wish I could see the scale go down a lb. or two. After all, there's no motivation like seeing that number shrink, right!!!

I appreciate the opportunity to introduce myself and I can't wait to meet everyone else that's going through the same things (or those who have gone through the same thing) as me.

Best of luck to everyone on our new and exciting journey to a healthier lifestyle :hurray:!

Hi Elizabeth

I am feeling a lot like you now! However, look at how much weight you have lost! You are doing great! I am not sure why, but I thought I would have lost more by now too, and like you, I can pretty much eat anything.

Keep up the good work, and hopefully when you have your next fill you will notice a change!

good morning

my name is Olivia..I was banded on 8.2007 and lost 30lbs by 12.2007..then i was having complications..so now i am with a new doctor and they put my on a strict diet...i lost 15 lbs since 1.28.2009..good luck to you and message me anytime!! I would like 2b ur friend here:thumbup:

WorkingMom - Thanks for the well wishes. I am VERY satisfied with the amount of weight that I have currently lost, but I'm a little scared because in the past I've followed other diet plans and have always been able to lose at least 20 lbs., but then I stall and eventually give up. I'm really just hoping that the same thing is not happening this time!!! That's why I sai, even 2 lbs. would make a world of difference to me right now:wink_smile:

Olivia_99 - I'm sorry to hear about your complications!!! What type of diet did your new doctor put you on?? Also, 15 lbs. since the end of January is tremendous. I don't expect to lose weight super fast or anything, but at least like 2 lbs. every week or so. I always assumed that type of loss was considered normal - ya know.

I guess my main concern overall is that I'm gonna stall and then lose my motivation as in the past. I see all of these different people on the boards that have lost amazing amounts of weight and I just cross my fingers and hope that I can be as successful as them.

I would be happy to be a friend to either of you, since we're all going through baiscally the same journey!!!

I am on high Protein and no carbs--lots of seafood..protein shakes..fresh fruit..veggies and of course Water LOL ..i am not eating bread Bagels cereals LOL or sweets ..no fast food...i miss mcdonalds...but what can I say..I have to stay focused on my long term goal..i went thru so much to get this surgery...

my original surgeon that placed the band was a moron.he wasnt listening to my complaints..i was throwing up all the time..i am lucky my band didnt slip...

I am in this to win..i am going to a support meeting tonite..I am excited :tt1: :) :)

Wow. I'm basically following the same plan as you except I'm allowed to have upto 40 carbs per day. I don't get anywhere that though! I don't eat bread, Pasta, flour, etc..., but I do get carbs from fruit, milk, Beans, etc... However, they're all good carbs. I also don't eat any sugar - except that found in yogurt & fruit. I use Splenda or buy sugar-free items if I need someething sweet. One thing I have noticed is that my tastes have definitely changed. It only takes a little bit of sweetener to satisfy me now, whereas in the past I would have needed a lot more. I'm definitely not complaining though. I have cheated once since my surgery and it was on Valentine's Day. I split a piece of cheesecake with my husband and son, so I didn't have much, but it was the only carb or sugar that I had eaten all day. I also noticed that it seemed extremely sweet to me. It was very satisfying though and I was very interested to see how it affected me. Surprisingly enough I was down 2 lbs. the next morning - go figure. Of course, I had planned on eating that and I plan on eating a piece of cake when I attend a wedding in mid May, but I know that one little cheat every few months is not going to destroy all of my efforts.

I guess I might really have to crack down a bit more and try to focus on more Protein. I e-mailed my surgeon's wife this morning to see if she has any suggestions. She's his bariatric coordinator. So, I'm waiting to hear back from her. I had asked her about this new diet/eating plan that's available on the Lap Band website. It's called Lean for Life by Lindora. I want to know what she knows about it and what she thinks. I think I'll start a thread to see if anyone around here knows anything about it also.

If you're interested I'll let you know what I find out. In the meantime, I'm gonna see what I can do to pump up my Protein this week!!!

Yes give me more info on Lean for life..I found a really good book on www.tower.com called Lap Band For Life..I own it already and I like it..gives u alot of FAQS...check it out.its like $15 bucks..I am tempted to cheat but I am so mentally into this journey ..We'll see! :) :tt1:

Hi All:

I was banded on 12/30. Only lost 16 pounds so far, that is super disappointing, but I'm happy I've lost some...I'm making small goals for myself now and really working hard this week to get another 10 pounds off by March 7th. That's about 2 weeks. I know it sounds unrealistic, but I'm really going to try for it.

Good luck with everything....I am in this with you..i wanna be a skinny mini LOL

olivia_99 - Thank you and good luck to you as well. I'll let you know when I hear back from my doctor regarding the Lean for Life stuff. IN the meantime, I'll check out the tower.com link. The book that you indicated sounds familiar to me. In fact, I think I may have requested it at my local library, but it was at another branch so I am awaiting a copy to be sent to me. Then again, maybe I'll just pick one up online. If you think it's pretty good I'll definitely check it out.

Oh yeah, I subscribed to a magazine called OH (Obesity Helps), which is put together by the Obestiy Helps website. I got my first issue a few weeks back and although informative, it seems to be more tailored to bypass patients. My bariatric coordinator is supposed to be sending me some back issues of WLS Lifestyles Magazine. She says it's great, but I want to check out a few issues before I commit to another subscription. I'll let you know about that one as well.

I have also requested a couple weight loss surgery books from the library and will let you know what I think as I get them.

dlmyvette - Congratultions on your 16 lb. loss. I know exactly how you feel about not losing quicker. As I mentioned to olivia_99, I will let you know what my surgeon says once I get a response. Also, are you exercising? Also, are you following a specific type of diet?? Let us know and we'll see if you're doing something different than we are.

We can do this. We will be successful, happy and healthy. Oh yeah, and skinny too!!!:):thumbup:

Thank you :) will check into the magazine..*dlmyvette* I have been eating high Protein no carbs..no fast food no bread..just fish..chicked tuna chicken salad..water non fat milk and yogurts..ive been experiementing with veggies and fruits..i am so used to the taste of sweet and greasy but it will take time..i go walking alot and i joined Curves back in October 2008..I have to remember that i didnt put this weight on overnite so I have to be patient. I have to tell myself that if i take it one day at a time i will be ok..and so will all of you..!!!