Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band Support Blog

I remember what an invaluable forum this was for me last April when I was researching my surgeon and particularly those first post-surgery days. Ten months and 52lbs later I feel that I might just have something to share with my fellow "banders".

I currently run weekly lap band emotional support groups for Bariatric surgeon Dr Dave Oliak in Orange, CA. I'd like to invite you all to visit my brand new blog. I will be posting weekly on topics based on our support group work and a inspirational and hopefully motivational information through out the week. Feel free to sign up to "follow" my blog and get your regular dose of TLC/Information/Motivation!

Looking forward to getting to know some of you and becoming part of this forums awesome support community.

The Hungry Heart

elsie

Thanks Marie! I don't know how long ago you checked it but I just posted another entry. BTW it's a funny coincidence the town right next to where I live in California is also called Villa Park!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

elsie

Hello to one and all. I am not new to this forum, Have been a member for gosh, about 3 yrs. I have not been on here for at least 2 of those years. I was banded on 1/19/06. I did very well from the beginning and had lost about 50 lbs. I maintained that for some time. I had (have) bad reflux but I bring it on myself. I eat to fast and I eat too much and about every thing I could do wrong I do. I have been scared silly very recently because the weight has started to come back. Now I am up about 14lbs. I am in a panic! I need help and want to get back on track. Does anyone have any advise for me. I do not remember how much fill I have. I don't think it is very much because the doctor removed most of the fill because of the reflux about 1 1/2 yrs ago. In fact it will be two years in July. I can eat a fair amount. Like tonight I ate about 2/3 of a med. sized hamburger and the bun. I had some fries made in the oven. I ate a few pickles and carrot sticks and a small glass of milk. Don't know does that seem like a lot?? I am not close to my doctor and have thought about looking for a doc in the southern part of Phoenix Az. We are here for the winter. We will return home to ND in April. I have none of the materials given to me when I had my band put in place. They are all at home. I need guidelines again. I need help!!

Hi hairagain,

I think your instinct about needing to have a doctor near you now are right on target.

My doctor (Dr Oliak in Orange, CA) and I were talking the other day about one of the advantages of lap band is that a person can "take a break" (from weight loss) and then come back to the doctor, get a fill, see the nutritionist - bacially have a big do over, when ever they feel ready.

And the best part is that you have "only" gained 14 lbs in the past 18 months. I know you're in a panic but think about how much weight you could have gained back if you weren't banded. And it sounds like you might just be ready to get back on track now too. I think it's awesome that you came back to forums to get support when you needed it. That is why we're all here!

Check my back on my blog later during the week, I have a really good post I'm working on about getting motivation BACK!! The Hungry Heart

I'd love to hear how you're doing and how your search for a local doctor goes for you!

elsie

Hairagain:

If you can stand it try the 5 day pouch test. Just google it and it give you the test. I have a hard time on the 2 day liquids. Good luck.