Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

*Deep Breathes* Don't Panic*

Going in on March 3rd for my first unfill as I am unable to keep from losing more weight. It seems so bizarre to me. Because of my rate of losing and my level of activity they figure it may take a few small unfills before I level out and I may even have a couple more bursts of weight loss as I am able to eat a little more (I am pretty restricted now and have about 900-1000 calories a day) due to how hard I work out. What a strange and unreal situation to be in, I feel so weird about it. So, since I cant seem to operate without goals my new goal is a BMI of 22, to run in an actual 5k, become proficient at spinning, and increase my slow ass running time to a ten minute mile.

gingerbug,

it's so funny that you're talking about unfilling. My Dr has hinted (okay more than a hint) that if I keep losing at this rate and get down too low that he may unfill me a little so I can stop losing and maintain instead.

And I said: can't I just exercise less? But I actually think he doesn't trust me to exercise less! And tbh I don't blame him.

The acid test will be when I see him just before I go for my PS - he says if I'm too much under 70kgs by then, he won't refill me as much after my LBL. So I'm so torn between still trying to lose (I'm 4lbs off goal) and trying not to lose so I don't end up with less fill when he refills me!

So yeah I'm a basketcase now, and completely get how you're feeling!

Edited by lellow

Going in on March 3rd for my first unfill as I am unable to keep from losing more weight. It seems so bizarre to me. Because of my rate of losing and my level of activity they figure it may take a few small unfills before I level out and I may even have a couple more bursts of weight loss as I am able to eat a little more (I am pretty restricted now and have about 900-1000 calories a day) due to how hard I work out. What a strange and unreal situation to be in, I feel so weird about it. So, since I cant seem to operate without goals my new goal is a BMI of 22, to run in an actual 5k, become proficient at spinning, and increase my slow ass running time to a ten minute mile.

Hope it all goes well, Ginger. Good luck on the running time....It takes me more than 10 minutes to even think about running a mile. Strangely though, they both make me break out into a sweat.

Dont panic too much but DO unfill in small increments. I've only had one unfill when I was a bit concerned that 1000 calories a day or so (which was all I could eat) really wasnt sufficient nutrition for me personally. .2 ml made SO much difference, I actually gained about 4 or 5 lb and ended up having the fill put back in over time.

Now I maintain on about 1800 to 2000 a day and THAT's my rough mental calculations - so its probably more. If you're tall, healthy and active, you CAN eat rather a lot.

1200 calories a day - its more for little women of average activity to lose, not for us glamazons to maintain, lol.

Dont panic too much but DO unfill in small increments. I've only had one unfill when I was a bit concerned that 1000 calories a day or so (which was all I could eat) really wasnt sufficient nutrition for me personally. .2 ml made SO much difference, I actually gained about 4 or 5 lb and ended up having the fill put back in over time.

Now I maintain on about 1800 to 2000 a day and THAT's my rough mental calculations - so its probably more. If you're tall, healthy and active, you CAN eat rather a lot.

1200 calories a day - its more for little women of average activity to lose, not for us glamazons to maintain, lol.

EXACTLY. I burn more than a lot of women just by trying to stay upright and not bowl people over.

EXACTLY. I burn more than a lot of women just by trying to stay upright and not bowl people over.

LOL....whatever.......do you burn a lot of calories when you're rampaging through downtown Tokyo, knocking down buildings and such??

LOL....whatever.......do you burn a lot of calories when you're rampaging through downtown Tokyo, knocking down buildings and such??

Give me a flat and unobstructed path and I will find a way to trip, fall, and take 16 people down with me. My husband is completely amazed that I dont actually require emergency room visits on a weekly basis. I have to admit, since I started running and doing tae bo, my balance and coordination has greatly improved. I have NO BRUISES on my legs right now. It is shocking.