Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Lap Band Buddy / Mentor someone to help and encourage through this journey!

Thanks! I am doing great with exercising. i do something everyday except sunday. Sometimes i do walk and run on sundays, but i don't make myself on that day.

Eating on the other hand, hasn't been so good. i still get full quick, but i seem to want to eat sooner. I feel like i'm making really bad choices at times.

I went to my Lap Band Dr. today. I made the appointment about a week and a half ago, for a fill. I didn't end up getting one. I was worried i would end up too tight if i got one. over the weekend, i had that same tight feeling i had a while back. the strange thing is, i think it being caused at the same time i'm having migraines!

The Dr. said i probably was getting hungry quicker from adding the running to my exercise. He didn't think i needed a fill, thinks i'm being impatient, and that i'm doing EXCEPTIONAL (his words!) .

i think i'm at a plateau and i want to see the scale MOVE DOWN! LOL

I've been at 137 for what seems like forever and i want to get past 135 then out of the 130's! I'd be happy with staying at ANYTHING in the 120's for forever (ok, until my PS which will help me look like i've lost more! ;) )

EDITED to add: i weighed right after posting this and i'm at 136!! (and at the END of the day!!)WOO HOO!!! i hope i've broke the plateau!!

OH, i don't think i mentioned it here. I made my appointment for the PS! i'm going to go to Dr. Adam. the one Josie used. My consult appointment is Nov. 12! I want to lose about 17 pounds by then. I'll see what he says and go from there. I will schedule my surgery for March. that will give me time to lose more or learn to maintain for quite a few months before surgery.

I think being at 120, then having surgery, it will make me look like i'm closer to my OMG goal! i'd be over the moon if so!!!

You are STILL doing awesome, even at goal! wow!! the PS is gonna tell you, you are TOO thin! LOL

unfill...wow. i can't wait to get to THAT point!! did you get some taken out? i am just realizing how long it's been since i've read here. YIKES...that goes to show you...when i'm doing bad, i don't post! it should be the opposite!

I bet the house looks great! you may end up wanting to STAY in it! lol

that's great that the timing was perfect. I hope it sells QUICK!! the beginning and ending of the school year is usually a good time to sell (if there IS a good time with the economy right now).

I saw your new pic, and WOW! you are smokin' woman! GREAT JOB!!! i bet you are counting down the days to your PS!

That is so friggin awesome! I am really proud of you for staying motivated to excercize. I took my 9,3 and 1 year old niece and nephews to the lake today. Whew, I forgot how much work kids were lol. I did bring my daughters who helped out and I was soo grateful they were there. I went to curves this morning and weighed in and I have lost 4 pounds in two weeks, which is amazing since I am right at goal. I think I need to get an unfill when I go on August 10. its weird to say but I need to stop losing weight. I do want to lose a little more before my ps but not alot. 2 pounds a week is too much I think. I hope one day to be one of those people that is like, I need to gain weight lol. :w00t: The painters finished today woo hoo and the new carpet gets put in on monday. We were going to sell the house before I got layed off, it was actually a great thing being layed off when I was. The timing was perfect!

Have a great night! xoxo

Edited by wannabthinagain

just to document when i got here...

135 on 8/21/09

i weighed this when i had my fitting done for my wedding gown! I lost 5 pounds in the week before the wedding....so i can't wait to be 130! the weight i was on my wedding day!

Before i get to that, 131 will be 60 pounds GONE! (4 more pounds)

then 130- wedding day weight (5 more pounds)

after that: 123-NORMAL WEIGHT RANGE! (12 more pounds!)

121- 70 pounds gone....(14 more pounds)

120- GOAL (for now anyhow! althought if i get to 120, then have PS, that will take off a few more and i'm sure i will not care if i don't lose another pound!!!) (15 more pounds!)

it's all getting SOOOOO close! the pounds are coming off MUCH slower these days, but as long as they keep going DOWN....I'll eventually get there!!

I was weighed and measured at curves yesterday. I'll also add measurements i do in addition to what they do:

:amount loss (actual measurements)

Neck: 1/4" (12.75)

arms: 1" (10)

top of chest: 2" (35 1/2)

boobs: 3" (38) (i REALLY think this was from a different bra or something!)

under boobs: 3" (32)

waist: 2 1/2" (32.5) (WOW!! that's 12.5" from the first measurements!)

abs: 1 1/2" (37.5) (11.5" gone from my BELLY!!)

hips: 3" (35)

thighs: 1 1/2" (19.5)

knees: 1" (12)

calves: 1/2" (13 1/4)

ankles: 1/2" (7.5)

I wish i had measurements from my starting weight!

I'm also going to start making myself do 10 miles a week. walk or run, 1 or 10 a day...whatever it takes to do 10 miles a week!

NSV: last night we went to a concert. me and the friend that came with us were talking about jeans and being short (she's right around my height) and having to wear heels if we don't get our jeans hemmed because even the 'short' sizes are long. She asked me, "what, you wear about a 6?' HEEHEE....it's SHOWING....i "look" my size. I still don't see it, but it was GREAT to hear it from an outsider (ie. NOT HUBBY).

Hubby came with me the other day to look for shirts. he LOVED this bright pink, low cut shirt. I on the other hand thought it was tight because it touched me....he, thought it looked great.

I put it one to wear to the concert and said out loud that i didn't think i was going to wear it because i would be tugging on it all night.

he told me i'm too hard on myself, and don't know what i see in the mirror because it looked great.

i ended up wearing it, because i knew he wouldn't let me go out looking ridiculous, so he must have meant it.

While we were walking into the building, he told me he was proud of me because he knew it was WAY out of my comfort zone and i looked great. :-)

Edited by wannabthinagain

wow you are doing so great!! It is hard to realize that you are now a thin person, i struggle with that every day lol. I did get an unfill and have finally stopped losing.. which freaks me out lol. I am going to try and move my ps date to november since hubby said I can get my thighs done too which I hope I can get boobs,tummy and Lipo on thighs done and then thigh lift in december. woo hoo.

I met up with some friends from high school that I hadn't seen in over 21 years. They all kept talking about how young and hot I looked lol. I couldn't stop giggling.. I didn't say anything about having lapband or having been obese. It was really great! I didn't go to my 20 year reunion because I was too embarresed about being so heavy but now I definitely want to go to my 25!

I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend. Keep up the good work!

Thank you!

it is hard! today, i looked in the mirror and thought, WOW...when did my collar bones start sticking out so much...mean, i remember a while back thinking, could that be collar bones starting to show...now, they are DEFINITELY sticking out...a lot! i'm SURE it didn't happen overnight, but gosh, i didn't 'see' it until now!

Oh, i hope you can move it up!! that will be AWESOME!!

I want to have a bit of Lipo on the inner thigh...the rest of my legs have hardly any fat on them.

i bet that was scary having a unfill....we think the weight will come back over night!

ok, so what do they do for a thigh lift? i thought when they did a body lift it raised the thighs, i didn't realize it was something seperate you could do.

That must have been great hearing all the positive things about your size when YOU know how far you have come!!

you're sercret is safe with me! lol

I must have kick started something with how busy i've been this last week (we are getting the house ready for the little's b-day party. Our family doesn't come this way very often, and this is the one time we get a LOT of them to come. I use it as my reason to clean house from top to bottom...base boards to molding and everything in between! The yard too!)

As i said before, my weight has SLOOOOOOOWED down a LOT....well, i weighed this morning..133!!! 2 pounds from 60 pounds gone! i did NOT think i would make 60 pounds by my 6 month mark (9/3/09) and i'm thinking i CAN do it now! 131 here i come!!!!

My goal is coming up quick...wow! i knew i would be successfull with my band, because i was determined to make this work, but wow.... i'm losing an average of 10 pounds a month since march and it's STAYING OFF!!!

I cannot wait until Saturday. there are some people that have not seen me since before surgery! can you imagine what THEIR reaction will be!!!

my 6's are up, on, and BUTTONED too! the pooch under the waist isn't pretty....and i wouldn't be comfortable ALL day in them, but wow, wow, wow....i can put them on and breathe!! :blushing:

wow you are doing so great!! It is hard to realize that you are now a thin person, i struggle with that every day lol. I did get an unfill and have finally stopped losing.. which freaks me out lol. I am going to try and move my ps date to november since hubby said I can get my thighs done too which I hope I can get boobs,tummy and lipo on thighs done and then thigh lift in december. woo hoo.

I met up with some friends from high school that I hadn't seen in over 21 years. They all kept talking about how young and hot I looked lol. I couldn't stop giggling.. I didn't say anything about having lapband or having been obese. It was really great! I didn't go to my 20 year reunion because I was too embarresed about being so heavy but now I definitely want to go to my 25!

I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend. Keep up the good work!

8/31/09

Down to 132 this morning!!

could i POSSIBLY make 60 pounds gone by my 6 month band date?!?!!? (8/3/09)

I'm going to eat great, exercise and get my Water in....

I CAN DO THIS!! I'm a lot closer than i thought i would be to making this goal!!

that will also put me 8 pounds to a NORMAL weight range and 11 pounds to goal!

I had LOTS of people tell me i was so skinny this weekend! it was VERY uplifting.

THEN, i saw pictures and i was NOT happy. I still look so puffy... if i'm not standing up STRAIGHT and TALL, it showed every little (and big) imperfection !

I know in my head i'm MUCH thinner than i was before the band, but i'm still far from being happy with what i see.

I know most won't change until after PS because the flab is just not ever going to tone up completely....

I CANNOT wait until my consult and most of all for MARCH when it will be cut off and the girls were they belong!!

I don't know if the predisone i'm on (i have poison ivy from yard work) is helping things along or what, but holy cow :blink:

....weighed this morning and i'm 130!!!

either i'm at my sweet spot, where i can eat just about anything, but small portions and stay full....or the steriods have UPPED my metabolism and i'm not letting myself eat all day, so i'm losing...but I'll take it!!

7 pounds to a normal weight! :frown:

10 pounds to goal! :P

I don't know if the predisone i'm on (i have poison ivy from yard work) is helping things along or what, but holy cow :tt1:

....weighed this morning and i'm 130!!!

either i'm at my sweet spot, where i can eat just about anything, but small portions and stay full....or the steriods have UPPED my metabolism and i'm not letting myself eat all day, so i'm losing...but I'll take it!!

7 pounds to a normal weight! :biggrin:

10 pounds to goal! :lol:

woo hoo!! awesome!! I got an unfill and gained a couple pounds so drove an hour and a half to get it put back in lol.. so i lost the couple pounds in a couple of days. Things have been crazy here, our oldest started college and I have been struggling alot with it. I have been getting alot of attention from men and it's freaking me out.. I have started staying home or not going out with out the hubby.. it's just a safer plan lol. I am sorry I have not been on here alot it's just I have been really really busy. but I do get emails when you update and i read them so keep posting!! xoxox

LOL about the fill! i bet it was scary seeing the numbers go up though!

college? YIKES! I'm SO NOT READY FOR THAT!! i can only imagine what you are going through! big hugs for you MAMA!

hummm...the attention, yes, i agree, get hubby to go with you...it's not worth it if it causes trouble!! (but i'm sure it makes you feel great to hear it from someone else!)

I hop the house is coming along....better yet, i hope it has SOLD!!!

I'm plugging right along. the weight it coming off steadily...and i'm more than thrilled! EVERYONE has been noticing and commenting on it. these last 10 pounds have REALLY made a HUGE difference in my appearance.

today ended a promotion at curves, so i had to get measured and weighed. It was for 4 weeks.

I lost 11 pounds (according to them...i must have been UP on the day i weighed in and LOW today because i don't recall ever losing 11 pounds in 4 weeks besides in the VERY beginning!) anyhow....

i lost 2" in my boobs

4" in my waist

4" in my abs

3" in my hips

2" in my thighs

1.5" in my arms

HOLY COW! my waist is now 29.5" DOWN from 45" from my first measurements (which isn't from my highest weight! YIKES!) that's 15.5"! I'm only 4'11" (4'10.5" actually...LOL) i was as round as i was tall...or short if you will! LOL

I'm really excited with my arms. i have a little wiggle action going on at the bottom, but very little! muscles are filling it out nicely!!!

my legs, holy moly..... they are TONED UP! i get asked at LEAST 5 times a week now, WHAT do you DO to get your legs so muscular?!

to ME....my face is still big.... everyone says no though. i just have a BIG HEAD...runs in the family. LOL

and my belly. it's the place that just wants to hold on to the very end. in clothes, it's not THAT bad, but nothing fits right, i won't tuck shirts in either. if i could lose the rest, JUST there...i'd be doing good.

my butt could use some fat...it's SOOOO flat. i've NEVER had a butt.

i CANNOT wait until November for the PS appointment. if we hadn't planned a trip around the appointment, i would consider moving it up. i'll survive though, and it will be less time between the consult and the actual surgery this way too. I HAVE to have it in march. THAT can't be moved. we have to make sure taxes are in (we don't want to finance any of it), hubby needs to be able to take off, and my mom needs to be able to help. March is probably the soonest all of those things would fall into place.

I took new pics yesterday. i need to upload them and compare to the 44 pounds lost pics. Oh, i'm 63 pounds down!!!

That's only 8 pounds to my original goal (i'm thinking i'm going to lower it. I'm thinking i will keep doing what i'm doing and if i lose after i get to 120, then i do. GOOD! if i maintain, then good! I'll do that until i see the PS and see what he says. if he thinks i should lose more, then i have time. if he thinks he will take off the parts i'm trying to still get rid of, and take a few more pounds during surgery, then i'll be there already! i want him to have enough fat to do the fat into the bootie like he did for Josie, since i have NO BOOTIE!!)

I got my 6 month blood work script in to go do...it seems like i just did my 3 month (they were a little late sending it, and i took my time having it done)! I still haven't had to get a fill since April 23! I do like going in to the Dr's office though....he always tells me i'm doing wonderful and that i look great. He told me at my last appointment that my body might be happy where i am (i was around 140 or a little less i think).....i wonder what he would say NOW!! I know what i'd tell him.....NOPE, my body isn't happy with THAT...i'm going down, down, DOWN!!!

:wub:i LOVE MY BAND!!!! :mad:

woo hoo!! awesome!! I got an unfill and gained a couple pounds so drove an hour and a half to get it put back in lol.. so i lost the couple pounds in a

couple of days. Things have been crazy here, our oldest started college and I have been struggling alot with it. I have been getting alot of attention from men and it's freaking me out.. I have started staying home or not going out with out the hubby.. it's just a safer plan lol. I am sorry I have not been on here alot it's just I have been really really busy. but I do get emails when you update and i read them so keep posting!! xoxox

Yesterday, Sept 14, 2009....127!:mad2:

woo hoo!

4 pounds till NORMAL BMI

We had a 'boot camp' game going on at curves (those measurements in the above post), and i WON! you got points for weight loss, inches lost, workouts per week, buying the monthly shirt, having someone visit curves, someone join curves, going to the weight management class. the only thing extra i did was bought the shirt because i liked it. the rest of my points were from inches and weight lost and my workouts. I usually go 6 times a week (i've missed very few saturdays).

I won a PRETTY silver curves overnight bag.

at first i thought, oh, this will make a nice gift to my mom because i just don't use bags often...and that one is not big enough for when we go out of town (it's more for one night).

by the time i drove home, i had changed my mind. it will be PERFECT for my trip to the PS consult (we are sleeping in TX

the night of my appointment) and for the night before my surgery!

September 28--125!

2 pounds to a NORMAL weight and 5 to goal (goal for NOW, anyhow!)

Was put on an estrogen patch today to see if it will help my hormonal Migraines, i hope it doesn't do crazy things to my body, like me GAIN!!

went back home to visit this past weekend and everyone told me how great i look. that was some GREAT motivation!

went to eat out with my father and did eat very much, he commented on it. I just told him my Migraine was making me sick and i was afraid of getting sick if i ate anymore (which was part of it!)

I also went eat with my brothers, mom & step-dad. only mom knows about the band. I was sitting way at the end of 16 people at the table, so no one noticed.. it was OBVIOUS my head hurt (i could barely look up from the glare of the sun coming through the windows) so that was not a problem.

My band seems to be tight right now. not enough that i can't eat or drink, but it is making me REALLY sip in the mornings, NOTHING COLD, and not more than a cup of food...probably even less than that at a time. My TOM is coming again (the reason for the migraines) so i'm sure it's only tight until i start, then i'll be back to my 'sweet spot".

I went into the lapband Dr.'s office this morning just to weigh in. it said 128 (i was clothed and shoes on...which is what my scale said when i weighed at home too (125 naked)

she noted it in my chart and said, wow...GREAT JOB!

i asked what was the last weight in the chart. it was 140!

HA! i hope the Dr. sees that! I remember him telling me at that appointment that my body may be happy at that weight. i told him NO WAY!!!

i'm still not 'there' yet. getting closer, but not yet!

i guess i'm doing what i did a few months ago when i wouldn't lose for 2 weeks or more, then down 3 pounds at a time..

this morning.... 124

ONE pound to be what the charts say is a NORMAL weight!!

FOUR pounds to goal (until i change it!)

no headache this morning...I hope it doesn't show up again.

I had to leave curves yesterday after 1 round because my head throbbed when i did the machines (i was ok on the recovery boards). then, it made me puke. i left.

ended up taking my imitrex even thought i really didn't want to. i wanted to see if the patch was working.

I can't believe i'm so close to goal.

if i lower my goal to 114, that's 10 pounds to go. (BMI 23)

if i lower it to 109, that's 15 pounds to go. (BMI 22)

although i believe 109 would be too low for ME even though i'm very short.

i guess i'm just thinking out loud.

I've been having some things going on that i'm convinced have been affecting the band. my period has been here or trying to start again for more of the month than NOT.

I'm on right now and i've been having trouble with even drinking! Not that i couldn't drink, but that it gave me that stuck feeling most of the time. even in the evenings.

I was starting to get reflux at night, and even in the daytime if i wasn't upright for at least 3-4 hours after drinking or eating.

at first i thought maybe it was from getting stuck and not sticking to liquids or mushies long enough, or not chewing or sipping carefully, but when making sure i did things right, let the band have some time off (liquids and mushies) and it didn't feel any different, i called for an appointment.

I went in this morning. The Dr. and i talked and he thought 1 cc out would be good. THAT scared me. i was hoping for HALF of that at the most.

He was concerned that since i've lost a significant amount of weight in this amount of time that it could have slipped due to the band not having as much fat under it.

he told me to try this amount for 2 weeks. if i still have trouble, we will UNFILL the entire thing and go from there! YIKES! He was hopeful that i would have INSTANT relief and that when things settle down, if i needed a little more (if i'm eating too much/not losing) that i can go in for a little bit (i'm thinking .5 cc since the 1 has been tight for a while).

i didn't drink my coffee this morning before the appointment because even my coffee was giving me trouble the last couple of days! I came home after my appointment, made coffee, and AAAAHHHHHHHHH.....it's GOING DOWN FINE!!!! NO stuck feeling, no reflux....

now, i hope i still have restriction when it comes to eating...and i don't go overboard if i don't!!! i'm SOOOO close to where i want to be...i don't want to go backwards!!!