Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Lap Band Buddy / Mentor someone to help and encourage through this journey!

8 weeks and i am down 30 pounds! I wish i could 'see' it more. You would think with how short i am that 30 pounds would make a HUGE difference...but i just don't see it.

Hubby and i will be visiting my family (i hadn't seen them since Good Friday) on Friday, I hope someone notices.

I won't get my hopes up and i won't let it ruin our weekend if my mom doesn't though.... she didn't say a single word about it the last 2 times she saw me.

I'll have to go visit a friend of mine who hasn't seen me since way befor surgery and she doesn't know i had this done. I'll see if she says anything.

I still find my belly swollen though. i bought 2 shirts yesterday and was surprised that a large still 'fit's' around my mid-section. i'm more shocked that a large fits around my boobs better.... it's usually the other way around. by the time i get a shirt to fit the boobs, the belly part looks like a maternity top!

oh well... at least the scale is moving in the right direction.

I did get my 2nd fill on March 23 and for a few days i felt what restriction was...with liquids. i finally had to sip sip sip...but that's gone now. I stayed on liquids for a couple of days, then mushies, by the time i got to regular food, i was able to eat as usual. if i hurried or didn't chew enough (but still didn't have to chew chew chew chew) i could kinda feel something that i KNEW i should slow down and chew more.

so, i will be making an appointment for my 3rd fill around May 21.

in a way, i'm glad i don't have REALLY good restriction just yet. Hubby and I are going out of town ALONE!!! We will be eating in public for all of our meals and i don't want to get stuck while eating out!

Once i get good restriction, i will 'practice' at home before eating out.

everything else is fine, i'm still not working out...went walking a couple of times. I do not know WHAT my problem is about that. i LOVE to be outside, i LOVE to work out.... and i know once i start i will enjoy it. i just cannot make myself stick to a plan!

i guess when i hit a plateau, i will have to in order to get the scale moving again and i'm LUCKY i've lost the weight i have so far with just changing my eating!

woo hoo congrats you are doing sooo terrific! Keep up the good work!

I'm so happy! we went away for the weekend and I was thinking since i didn't get enough Water in, that i would probably gain from eating 'out' and i'm sure that had lots of salt in the food....

I'm down!!! the scaled moved DOWN after a weekend away and not eating at home!

32 pounds GONE in 9 weeks!!

10 pounds from beating the 150's! (remember i'm VERY SHORT..... i have a LONG way to go still!

11 pounds until i'm considered JUST overweight!

29 pounds to be the weight i was when i got married!

39 pounds to the lowest i've been since having children and also my 'goal' weight.

44-49 pounds to my OMG goal!!

I plan to have PS done. I'm not sure when i should go for my consult. that's a goal i really look forward to. I'm thinking about 20 pounds from goal i will go and see what they say.

32 pounds GONE in 9 weeks!!

10 pounds from beating the 150's! (remember i'm VERY SHORT..... i have a LONG way to go still!

11 pounds until i'm considered JUST overweight!

29 pounds to be the weight i was when i got married!

39 pounds to the lowest i've been since having children and also my 'goal' weight.

44-49 pounds to my OMG goal!!

It's now 12 weeks out and i'm down 38 pounds!

4 pounds to be out of the 150's

5 pounds to no longer be obese!

23 pounds to be the weight i was when i got married!

33 pounds to be the lowest weight i've been since having childern and my 'goal' weight.

38-43 pound to my OMG goal!

I joined curves 5/21 but couldn't work out that day ( i needed an appointment), but went for my first workout the yesterday and went again toady!

I even walked after i was done yesterday!

I can SEE reaching my goal....that's such a great feeling! i NEVEr thought i would get to it before!

you are doing so awesome! congrats on joining curves that is an awesome step! I love how they measure you and weigh you and then they can give you a print out of your progress! I have to admit I only go to curves now once a month for my sheet.. I go to the gym with my hubby now and do the elliptical which I am addicted to. I do love curves though! You are doing great with your weight loss! I am now looking at getting ps and I can hardly wait. I have decided on a lower body lift and a breast lift/possible implants. I am getting sooo excited. I am now wearing size 10 pants and L shirts. My boobs are still pretty large not as large as they used to be.. i went from a 44 dd to a 38 d. I hope you have a great weekend! xoxo

I did curves YEARS ago because i wanted an all women's gym to go to. after i lost lots of weight, i started at the gym with my brother who body builds and LOVED it!

Not confident enough to go to the gym at the times i can go (in the evenings when it's probably the busiest. so, for now. i will go to curves.

I seem to be at a standstill right now. Just when i was thinking maybe i need another fill (i'm really not sure...) i went and had my very first PB today! I think i was just eating too fast. it was on grilled fish and veggies. oh well, i guess 120 something days before it finally happened to me wasn't bad! I'm wondering if my cycle is coming around again. i seemed to have gotten tighter this time last month also. i have also been drinking coffee every morning because i'm tighter in the morning. i'm even reminded by Water that i have to SIP SIP SIP in the mornings. this morning, i didn't drink coffee because i went to curves early and didn't want to only have coffee in my to work out.

I plan to have PS when i get closer to my goal also. I've been starting to look for surgeons in my state and possibly in TX since i'm closer to Houston than i am to New Orleans. I want a full TT and breast lift/possible implants also.

That's awsome that you are in 10's and L shirts!! will you try to go smaller? or are you happy with the 10's? I don't know how tall you are. I'm VERY short, so i need to get into 6's or 4's. if i wanted to get to the lower end of my ideal weight, gosh, i would be in 0's....but that's not gonna happen. not after 4 kids. (i wore kids sizes until i had kids!!)my smallest size i got into after the first 2 kids has been some 4's...but that lasted a VERY SHORT TIME before i started gaining it all back again! :-(

you are doing so awesome! congrats on joining curves that is an awesome step! I love how they measure you and weigh you and then they can give you a print out of your progress! I have to admit I only go to curves now once a month for my sheet.. I go to the gym with my hubby now and do the elliptical which I am addicted to. I do love curves though! You are doing great with your weight loss! I am now looking at getting ps and I can hardly wait. I have decided on a lower body lift and a breast lift/possible implants. I am getting sooo excited. I am now wearing size 10 pants and L shirts. My boobs are still pretty large not as large as they used to be.. i went from a 44 dd to a 38 d. I hope you have a great weekend! xoxo

I did curves YEARS ago because i wanted an all women's gym to go to. after i lost lots of weight, i started at the gym with my brother who body builds and LOVED it!

Not confident enough to go to the gym at the times i can go (in the evenings when it's probably the busiest. so, for now. i will go to curves.

I seem to be at a standstill right now. Just when i was thinking maybe i need another fill (i'm really not sure...) i went and had my very first PB today! I think i was just eating too fast. it was on grilled fish and veggies. oh well, i guess 120 something days before it finally happened to me wasn't bad! I'm wondering if my cycle is coming around again. i seemed to have gotten tighter this time last month also. i have also been drinking coffee every morning because i'm tighter in the morning. i'm even reminded by Water that i have to SIP SIP SIP in the mornings. this morning, i didn't drink coffee because i went to curves early and didn't want to only have coffee in my to work out.

I plan to have PS when i get closer to my goal also. I've been starting to look for surgeons in my state and possibly in TX since i'm closer to Houston than i am to New Orleans. I want a full TT and breast lift/possible implants also.

That's awsome that you are in 10's and L shirts!! will you try to go smaller? or are you happy with the 10's? I don't know how tall you are. I'm VERY short, so i need to get into 6's or 4's. if i wanted to get to the lower end of my ideal weight, gosh, i would be in 0's....but that's not gonna happen. not after 4 kids. (i wore kids sizes until i had kids!!)my smallest size i got into after the first 2 kids has been some 4's...but that lasted a VERY SHORT TIME before i started gaining it all back again! :-(

You are doing sooo awesome!!! I am 5'10" so I am pretty tall. I most likely can get to a size 8 but that's probably the smallest I could get without looking ill. I am really excited about getting the surgery and most likely will get it done in the winter. I hope you keeping letting me know how you are doing!

It's now 16 weeks out and i'm down 44 pounds!

out of the 150's!

no longer be obese!

12 pounds to my labor day challenge goal (i hope to beat that!)

17 pounds to be the weight i was when i got married! (would love to meet THIS for labor day!)

27 pounds to be the lowest weight i've been since having childern and my 'goal' weight.

32-37 pound to my OMG goal!

My birthday is at the end of Oct. and i would LOVE to be at goal by then. it would take a lot of work, but not impossible! It's a little more than 18 weeks away. that's an average of 1.5 pounds a week...that's doable! Then i could maintain my weight (or get to my OMG goal) until the beginning of the year, when we would be ready financially for the cost of PS!

I had to go to the DR. (my lapband dr.) last week because after 16 weeks, the incision for my port was irritated and had infection! he said it was on the surface, and not to worry, it would be ok and not cause probelms. it's already doing great. he said it was probably the suture knot being rejected by my body....i had the same thing happen for one of my sections.

he was impressed with my progress, and said no to a fill. i wasn't there for one, and really didn't think i needed one since i've been steadily losing again. I will definitely wait until my next cycle is over to decide when and if i need a fill. The Dr. really thinks i'm at my sweet spot. some days i think yes, others, not. some days i think i should be able to eat more, others, i'm thinking i need a fill! LOL

I finished a month of curves, and i am pleased with the results. I lost 8 1/2 pounds and 10"!

I sent an email to a Plastic surgeon my SIL used to ask questions about WHEN to start the process of PS. I wanted to know when i should go in for my first consult (if his waiting list is long...i don't want to wait 6 months after i have my appointment if i'm ready to have surgery. i rather go 6 months early, find out what i will have done and the cost. and put it off if i'm not ready...rather than be ready and have to wait! )

I can't wait to hear back!!

i read that you will have your surgery in Dec! that's AWESOME! I know you are so excited to have a date!!

It's now 16 weeks out and i'm down 44 pounds!

out of the 150's!

no longer be obese!

12 pounds to my labor day challenge goal (i hope to beat that!)

17 pounds to be the weight i was when i got married! (would love to meet THIS for labor day!)

27 pounds to be the lowest weight i've been since having childern and my 'goal' weight.

32-37 pound to my OMG goal!

My birthday is at the end of Oct. and i would LOVE to be at goal by then. it would take a lot of work, but not impossible! It's a little more than 18 weeks away. that's an average of 1.5 pounds a week...that's doable! Then i could maintain my weight (or get to my OMG goal) until the beginning of the year, when we would be ready financially for the cost of PS!

I had to go to the DR. (my lapband dr.) last week because after 16 weeks, the incision for my port was irritated and had infection! he said it was on the surface, and not to worry, it would be ok and not cause probelms. it's already doing great. he said it was probably the suture knot being rejected by my body....i had the same thing happen for one of my sections.

he was impressed with my progress, and said no to a fill. i wasn't there for one, and really didn't think i needed one since i've been steadily losing again. I will definitely wait until my next cycle is over to decide when and if i need a fill. The Dr. really thinks i'm at my sweet spot. some days i think yes, others, not. some days i think i should be able to eat more, others, i'm thinking i need a fill! LOL

I finished a month of curves, and i am pleased with the results. I lost 8 1/2 pounds and 10"!

I sent an email to a Plastic surgeon my SIL used to ask questions about WHEN to start the process of PS. I wanted to know when i should go in for my first consult (if his waiting list is long...i don't want to wait 6 months after i have my appointment if i'm ready to have surgery. i rather go 6 months early, find out what i will have done and the cost. and put it off if i'm not ready...rather than be ready and have to wait! )

I can't wait to hear back!!

i read that you will have your surgery in Dec! that's AWESOME! I know you are so excited to have a date!!

OHHH I am sooo excited for you! No longer obese!! Amazing!!!! You are doing so awesome! I do have a scheduled date of December 18 for my plastic surgery gulp! I posted some pics of me in just panties and bandaids lol.. They are private so we have to be friends for you to see them. I decided what the heck, I wanted a before. I hope I can lose 10-20 more before surgery. You will be at goal really soon girl!!!

I am really proud of you! Keep up the great work!:blushing:

OHHH I am sooo excited for you! No longer obese!! Amazing!!!! You are doing so awesome! I do have a scheduled date of December 18 for my plastic surgery gulp! I posted some pics of me in just panties and bandaids lol.. They are private so we have to be friends for you to see them. I decided what the heck, I wanted a before. I hope I can lose 10-20 more before surgery. You will be at goal really soon girl!!!

I am really proud of you! Keep up the great work!:crying:

THANK YOU!! i swear i replied to this....but i don't see it! so here i go again!

I hope Dec 18th gets here QUICK for you!i bet you are SOOOO excited!!

I am now 46 pounds down!!

4 pounds to losing FIFTY POUNDS! WOW!!!

6 pounds to be in the 130's!

10 until my Labor Day challenge goal (135!)

We went to New Orleans this past weekend...i LOST WEIGHT while gone! WOO HOO! I worked out while gone, ate good at most meals, but ate what i wanted when we went to a nice place (cheesecake bistro!) and i STILL LOST!!

I was so worried i wouldn't be able to eat, or would get stuck, since no one knows i've had this....and it was all fine!!

of course not one person said a SINGLE work about me having lost the weight.....50 pounds was not noticed? REALLY? :rolleyes2:

oh well.... I haven't lost it for THEM...i did it for ME, and i feel SO MUCH BETTER about MYSELF!

THANK YOU!! i swear i replied to this....but i don't see it! so here i go again!

I hope Dec 18th gets here QUICK for you!i bet you are SOOOO excited!!

I am now 46 pounds down!!

4 pounds to losing FIFTY POUNDS! WOW!!!

6 pounds to be in the 130's!

10 until my Labor Day challenge goal (135!)

We went to New Orleans this past weekend...i LOST WEIGHT while gone! WOO HOO! I worked out while gone, ate good at most meals, but ate what i wanted when we went to a nice place (cheesecake bistro!) and i STILL LOST!!

I was so worried i wouldn't be able to eat, or would get stuck, since no one knows i've had this....and it was all fine!!

of course not one person said a SINGLE work about me having lost the weight.....50 pounds was not noticed? REALLY? :P

oh well.... I haven't lost it for THEM...i did it for ME, and i feel SO MUCH BETTER about MYSELF!

I am so proud of you!!! You are doing fantastic!! You are seriously so close to goal now. Just think, 30 pounds left that's it??? You must be so excited! Don't worry nobody said anything, they are probably jealous lol. Some people said they thought I was sick since I was losing so fast and didn't want to say anything rofl! I am glad you had a good time on your vacation. My hubby and I fly out on friday for Orlando. We are going to disney, universal and to see Nascar on Fourth of July. I am not to excited about nascar but hubby is tickled to death lol. I bought all new clothes and I can hardly wait to wear them! I got alot of dresses, I haven't worn dresses in YEARS! I love getting dressed up now! I love seeing your updates and I really am so excited for you. I want to see pics!!!

i hope you had lots of fun on your trip! I bet you will end up enjoying nascar....I'm sure 'being there' is much different than 'watching cars go round' on the TV. LOL I guess it's a man thing, because i don't get it either!

i can imagine it was great and FUN buying new clothes for the trip too!

as for pics, i need to take some. i have befores.... oh my goodness, i cannot believe i let myself get to that point. Is there a way to load them and they don't show up for the world to see? you know how on the home page they show the 'latest' pics uploaded. i don't want the world to see them, since i'm one of those who hasn't told the world i've had this done.

I had gone down another pound, but between the 4th and my period about to come, i'm up a pound. I usually want to eat everything in site the week before (although that is still MUCH less than i USED to eat) but USUALLY lose a couple of pound as soon as it starts. I hope i didn't screw that up with all the snacking i did over the holiday and the last few days! I threw most of the stuff out and the kids finished the rest, so i just won't bring that kind of stuff back in the house.

Oh....well, this coming weekend, my oldest is turning 17! he's having friends over and doing pizza, Snacks and cake....i'll have to stay away from it and make sure everything is GONE when they leave! that shouldn't be TOO hard with a bunch of 16-17 year old kids here!

can't wait to hear about your trip!

i hope you had lots of fun on your trip! I bet you will end up enjoying nascar....I'm sure 'being there' is much different than 'watching cars go round' on the TV. LOL I guess it's a man thing, because i don't get it either!

i can imagine it was great and FUN buying new clothes for the trip too!

as for pics, i need to take some. i have befores.... oh my goodness, i cannot believe i let myself get to that point. Is there a way to load them and they don't show up for the world to see? you know how on the home page they show the 'latest' pics uploaded. i don't want the world to see them, since i'm one of those who hasn't told the world i've had this done.

I had gone down another pound, but between the 4th and my period about to come, i'm up a pound. I usually want to eat everything in site the week before (although that is still MUCH less than i USED to eat) but USUALLY lose a couple of pound as soon as it starts. I hope i didn't screw that up with all the snacking i did over the holiday and the last few days! I threw most of the stuff out and the kids finished the rest, so i just won't bring that kind of stuff back in the house.

Oh....well, this coming weekend, my oldest is turning 17! he's having friends over and doing pizza, Snacks and cake....i'll have to stay away from it and make sure everything is GONE when they leave! that shouldn't be TOO hard with a bunch of 16-17 year old kids here!

can't wait to hear about your trip!

I did enjoy nascar live! It was really fun.. they crashed right in front of us and my hubby's favorite Tony Stewart won. It helped we were doing Jello shots lol. We had such a great time! I will upload pics later. You can make your pics private when you upload them you choose public or just for your friends to see. I have pics of me almost naked on here that only lapbanders who I approved to be my friends can see. I hope you had a great time at your kids bday party! We have a 16 and 17 year old and know what a house full of teens is like lol! Have a great day. Oh and I lost weight on vacation!!!! I am 1 pound from my new goal of 160!! I am so excited! I was 170 when we got married! I am 5'10 so 160 is a great weight for me! Have a great weekend!

I bet that was LOTS of fun! a crash right in front of you...wow! i bet the crowd went nuts!

that is awesome that you were able to lose while gone! isn't that amazing! no way we would have done that before the band!

I'm working on uploading my pics....it's scary! i still can't believe my size and that i thought for a half a second that maybe i DIDN'T need to do this....i should have done it a LOT sooner!

I am down another pound. 47 pounds gone.... so close to 50 but i seem to be slowing down. of course with all the snacking and junk that has been around the house....I only have MYSELF to blame for eating the way i have. today, i am doing liquids. my Protein shakes (carnation essentials with egg whites for added protien). I need to get myself out of this rut. i wasn't even craving junk anymore, but now that i have let myself eat it, i want ONLY that.

on to NSV....i had hubby get down the box of clothes that was put in the attic when we moved since i was pregnant at the time and figured i would not fit in them for a while....then the 2nd pregnancy...and now the 'baby' is almost 2 and i have no excuse to still have 'baby' weight. it was labeled 'clothes i won't fit into for a very long time' box.

it had a mix of sizes from 8's down to 4's....the 8's ALL FIT!!!!! i was SO excited that i went through my closet and tried on pants.... my 8's fit! i even had a pair of 6's fit! (ok, it's old navy and for me, old navy runs big because when i bought that pair of pants, all the rest of my jeans were 8's)...but OMG did that feel GREAT!!

of course, it didn't stop me from shoveling the crap into my mouth!

I'm joining a running club with my neighbor this weekend. I hope this boost my motivation, beats my slowdown of weight and makes me stop and think before putting the junk into my mouth!!!!

ok, the pics are on my computer...i'm going figure out how to upload them to the site.....shield your eyes...it's NOT a pretty site!

ACK!~

OOPS! i was taking off names that i didn't know from my friends list and i unchecked you instead of the one next to you....i'll see if i can add you back, if not, or if you have to do anything, could you please re-add you to me, or me to you.... SORRY!!

going do the pics now!

edited to add: i uploaded my pics! ack! i did 3 different albums. before, during, and family

Edited by wannabthinagain