Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Lap Band Buddy / Mentor someone to help and encourage through this journey!

Hey girl, are you doing okay? Haven't heard from you for a few days and am hoping things are coming along as expected. Get back to us when you can... Julie

HI! thanks for asking! i'm doing good!

I'm still seeing the scale go DOWN DOWN! that's always a great thing! I was wondering if my scale was right, so i weighed a weight that i have. goofy scale wouldn't register it! SO...i weighed myself HOLDING it, then without it. it is only off by .1 pound! so....it's pretty darn accurate! if the Dr's scale was right, and is the same as mine, i'm now 19 pounds lost!

I have a follow up appointment on Monday, so i will see then, what the scale there says.

Yesterday i was suppose to be able to try fresh fruit, but i haven't done it yet. I plan to do that today. other than cottage cheese, and scrambled eggs with some cheese added, everything else i have eaten so far has been liquid or yogurt/pudding consistancy.

I'm not having ANY trouble with things going down. I have found that i if i forget and not sip my drink, i don't notice anything either.

I'm not really worried about that though, since i'm not yet experiencing bandster hell...i fill up VERY QUICK. i cannot eat more than 1/2 cup of anything without filling full now. a few days ago, i ate 2 cups (not 2 actual cups...but 2 servings..) of pudding...couldn't decide between vanilla or chocolate, so after i ate one, i decided to eat the other! for the next few hours i didn't feel very good... not pain, but uncomfortable. not gonna do that again!!

I was invited to a crawfish boil...i live in SOUTH LOUISIANA... (which i wouldn't be able to go to anyhow...it's 2 1/2 hours a way and i can't make that trip during the week) and realized that i probably won't be able to do that anymore!! if most people have trouble with shrimp, crawfish is a lot like that texture. then, to eat without drinking...yikes....i like my crawfish HOT...very spicy! hard to not drink with that!

I have made the decision to not tell anyone about my surgery and if i lived closer to home, that would make it very hard for people to notice i'm not eating crawfish! they KNOW i love it!! I guess after i am able to try more things, i can try it at home and see how i do. i can just tell them i'm eating less and taking my time to chew and really enjoy my food (and that that is helping me to lose weight also) for the reason i don't eat as much of it as i used to and eating so slow...that's IF i CAN still eat that!

whew...i rambled!

again, thanks for checking on me!! I'm SO happy with my decision! i cannot wait to see how my journey goes!!!

awesome Wanna!

Hi Wanna,

Loved hearing about your crawfish story... I am from North Dakota and I've never seen one... I'm not a big seafood person... A piece of fish here and there is about my limit.... It was interesting to hear you tell about it.... Hope you can handle everything without giving up all the fun... I'm glad you are still doing so well... The first period of time was the fastest for me and for most people.. It does eventually slow down.. I'm there now, and it's difficult to not see the scale move all the time.. but I have done well and know it will continue, just at it's own pace.. I'm really waiting for spring so I can get outside to do more exercising... Take care and keep in touch.. Julie

Well, i had my follow up appointment and the Dr. was pleased. 16 pounds down (it is actually 17 because i am so anal, i weighed my clothes and they were a pound of it! heehee) he gave me the ok to start on regular foods (i'm still following his guidelines as to when to add what regular foods). i had fish, veggies, chicken breast...all went down fine.

I have another appointment in 2 weeks and can get my first fill.

they nurse said she could definitely see in my face that i have lost! (i notice that too...can't wait for my mom to see me tomorrow. She hasn't seen me since the weekend after having surgery when i was still so puffy. that will be the test...if she can see a difference)

thanks for all the encouragment!! I'm sure things will get tougher and i will need it more and more!!

awesome Wanna!

THANKS for the support ALLIE! I'm learning my way around the boards and went to take a look at your profile. you have done AMAZING!! i hope i have the same success!!

any words of wisdom for a newbie?

best of luck WTBT

some things that were helpful to me:

i was told to follow doctors orders in walking and using breathing "thig-a-magig". it helped me get on my feet pretty quickly

another was to bring a pillow and blanket for the ride home. it was my favorite suggestion received as i truly needed it to lay down in back

your life will change in so many positive ways....i'm very excited for you...

thanks for all the encouragement!

i see you JUST had surgery again!! how are things? this is my goal for next year!! I can't wait to see the results and hear how everything went!

you are a great inspiration!

Hey there Wanna,

Thanks for the compliment! I have just really followed the band rules as much as I could. I have no problem eating any seafood. The only trouble I run into are breads. You are doing great! Isn't it soo excited to see that scale going down down down? It is really hard now I am losing like 1/2 - 1 pound a week instead of 2-4 a week.. I am having to really work out hard to see results. I knew that the closer I got the harder it would get. Keep posting and letting us know how it is going.. if you have ANY questions don't hesitate to contact me!

Have a great day!

Hey Wanna, how are things going these days? Are you back on your feet and back to a normal routine? I had a full incision so it took me longer to get there, but I finally made it after 3-4 months... Was a little rough some days, but my husband was great and I don't work outside my home.. Anyway, hope you are better and losing steadily.... You'll be changing clothes sizes before you know it... Take care.......... Julie

Hey there Wanna,

How are you holding up? I hope you are feeling great.. keep us posted!

I'm sure the closer to goal the slower the weight will come off.. don't you just HATE that! oh well... it's still better than where we started right?!

It IS wonderful to see those numbers go down!! i was at a standstill for a while, but it seems to be moving again!!!

Hey there Wanna,

Thanks for the compliment! I have just really followed the band rules as much as I could. I have no problem eating any seafood. The only trouble I run into are breads. You are doing great! Isn't it soo excited to see that scale going down down down? It is really hard now I am losing like 1/2 - 1 pound a week instead of 2-4 a week.. I am having to really work out hard to see results. I knew that the closer I got the harder it would get. Keep posting and letting us know how it is going.. if you have ANY questions don't hesitate to contact me!

Have a great day!

HI! yes, pretty much back to normal here. i still have days that i want to nap, but i think that is because i wake so early now (and i think my period is right around the corner!) but other than that, i'm feeling wonderful!! My hubby took quite a bit of time off this month since my surgery to help with the littles AND....he was happy that it was during march madness too! LOL

I haven't worn regular clothes in such a long time (back to back pregnancies... and i was in 6's before those 2 pregnancies...my lowest in a LONG time, there was NO way of fitting into those clothes, so i've worn elastic waisted things for quite a while now.... they do LOOK better though. even though i have no idea on what SIZE i would wear!)

thanks for checking in on me. i took a bit of a break from the computer.... but i feel like i NEED to come hear for encouragement.

Hey Wanna, how are things going these days? Are you back on your feet and back to a normal routine? I had a full incision so it took me longer to get there, but I finally made it after 3-4 months... Was a little rough some days, but my husband was great and I don't work outside my home.. Anyway, hope you are better and losing steadily.... You'll be changing clothes sizes before you know it... Take care.......... Julie

here's my update.

I went for my 4 week appointment on Monday. I lost 3 more pounds! considering the day before my scale hadn't moved yet, i was excited for that!

I got 3 cc's in my band.

i have a few questions.

Does your Dr's make you do liquids and or mushies for a day or 2?

The nurse gave me a card that said liquids the rest of the day then mushies the next. then regular diet after that. BUT.... after the Dr. did my fill, he said liquids and mushies the rest of the day and regular diet the day after. was the difference that i had one of the first appointments of the day? as opposed to later in the day when i would have needed more time on soft stuff?

I still don't have what i would consider restriction. i can drink Water like normal, i don't have to sip at all. I wanted a salad yesterday but didn't want to go buy all the stuff if i couldn't eat it, so we went to a place with a buffet. i fixed a small salad (with a couple of croutons) and was able to eat it with NO trouble. I also had a baked chicken leg (i was worried about doing chicken breast in public without knowing how dry and if it would go down ok, so i stuck with a more moist peice of meat) about a tablespoon of sweet potatoes, a couple of tiny bites of bread, a bite of mac n cheese (was feeding the babies and wanted to see if it was hot and NOT THINKING... tasted it!) and about a 1/2 cup of chili. when i gave the kids dessert, i had a couple of tiny bites of ice cream, pudding, cheesecake and choc cake. I only put about a tablespoon of each on a plate since i wasn't sure what they would eat, and that they could taste different things, and that I wouldn't overdo 'tasting' things.

it wasn't a LOT compared to what i used to be able to eat, but i still thought i didn't REALLY have to worry about tiny bits and chewing REALLY good, and that it was more than i thought i would be able to eat that soon after a fill.

i know not to go to buffets, but i wanted to have a salad with all the choices!

the scale went down again this mornig, so i'm not concerned that i 'blew it' yesterday, just surprised that i was able to eat the stuff i did, and the amount without being sick.

(truth be told, i would have thought the salad, or the chili would have made me FULL...i was definitely FULL after lunch, but shocked what it took to get there. i 'm sure i could have stopped sooner and been ok, but i didn't feel or get sick after)

ok. another question. I got my fill monday. 3 cc's. the Dr. said i didn't have to schedule another appointment, but if in 4 weeks i felt i wanted/needed another fill to call and they could fit me in easily. Since i don't have restriction alreday, does that mean i won't in 4 weeks? i mean, i wouldn't get tighter as the weeks pass, right? should i call and tell him i don't have restriction at all right now...i mean would they do anything? or should i call and make an appointmet for 4 weeks out, now? or should i wait and see how i do like this and when it's closer to 4 weeks, call if i feel the need?

Thanks ladies!!

here's my update.

I went for my 4 week appointment on Monday. I lost 3 more pounds! considering the day before my scale hadn't moved yet, i was excited for that!

I got 3 cc's in my band.

i have a few questions.

Does your Dr's make you do liquids and or mushies for a day or 2?

The nurse gave me a card that said liquids the rest of the day then mushies the next. then regular diet after that. BUT.... after the Dr. did my fill, he said liquids and mushies the rest of the day and regular diet the day after. was the difference that i had one of the first appointments of the day? as opposed to later in the day when i would have needed more time on soft stuff?

I always do 2 full days of liquids and 2 full days of mushies after a fill. I lose the majority of my weight in those 4 days.

Every doc has a different plan but that's what works for me.

I still don't have what i would consider restriction. i can drink Water like normal, i don't have to sip at all. I wanted a salad yesterday but didn't want to go buy all the stuff if i couldn't eat it, so we went to a place with a buffet. i fixed a small salad (with a couple of croutons) and was able to eat it with NO trouble. I also had a baked chicken leg (i was worried about doing chicken breast in public without knowing how dry and if it would go down ok, so i stuck with a more moist peice of meat) about a tablespoon of sweet potatoes, a couple of tiny bites of bread, a bite of mac n cheese (was feeding the babies and wanted to see if it was hot and NOT THINKING... tasted it!) and about a 1/2 cup of chili. when i gave the kids dessert, i had a couple of tiny bites of ice cream, pudding, cheesecake and choc cake. I only put about a tablespoon of each on a plate since i wasn't sure what they would eat, and that they could taste different things, and that I wouldn't overdo 'tasting' things.

it wasn't a LOT compared to what i used to be able to eat, but i still thought i didn't REALLY have to worry about tiny bits and chewing REALLY good, and that it was more than i thought i would be able to eat that soon after a fill.

i know not to go to buffets, but i wanted to have a salad with all the choices!

the scale went down again this mornig, so i'm not concerned that i 'blew it' yesterday, just surprised that i was able to eat the stuff i did, and the amount without being sick.

(truth be told, i would have thought the salad, or the chili would have made me FULL...i was definitely FULL after lunch, but shocked what it took to get there. i 'm sure i could have stopped sooner and been ok, but i didn't feel or get sick after)

ok. another question. I got my fill monday. 3 cc's. the Dr. said i didn't have to schedule another appointment, but if in 4 weeks i felt i wanted/needed another fill to call and they could fit me in easily. Since i don't have restriction alreday, does that mean i won't in 4 weeks? i mean, i wouldn't get tighter as the weeks pass, right? should i call and tell him i don't have restriction at all right now...i mean would they do anything? or should i call and make an appointmet for 4 weeks out, now? or should i wait and see how i do like this and when it's closer to 4 weeks, call if i feel the need?

Thanks ladies!!

I have never gotten tighter as the weeks went on.. I have always gotten looser. I suggest making another fill appt. When you are tight you feel it immediately. When I was first banded I had a fill appt every 2 weeks. I would get 1 cc every time and see how it went. Now I get .01 cc when I go .. just a smidge. But if you don't have restriction how does your doc expect you to lose weight? If you could lose weight on your own you wouldn't have needed the band. I fight my doc all the time about fills. He doesn't like to give me one if I have lost more than 3 pounds in two weeks. Just know that either way works. You will lose weight either way.. slow and steady or fast and furious.. lol.

Hi ladies...i have not been good about coming on here and posting...shame on me!

I have not done very good over this Easter break either!

I bought NO candy, but everyone else made up for that! ARGH!

everyday i told myself i would NOT get into the candy, and i did anyhow! i threw all of it away yesterday! if i couldn't get the willpower to stay away, i was taking it out of the house!

I have slacked with my Water because i wasn't doing good with everything else either!

It's only been a month and i'm slacking? that's NOT RIGHT! I HAVE to get back on track! holidays/going out of town didn't help me at all!

i am up 2 pounds from my lowest because of my slacking!

I called yesterday because i'm not feeling restricion and i wanted to make an appointment so i can have a day to look forward to get a fill. I can't go the week that would make four weeks from my last one, so they made it for next Thursday. April 23. i don't go in until 2 because the Dr. does surgery's in the morning. I will try to do liquids that morning and then liquids for 2 days, mushies 2(instead of liquids one mushies one like they told me the last time).

I was wondering if anyone would want to be an email buddy? we could email what we ate, if we had enough Water, if we exercised...etc.

it's much easier for me to keep my email open and reply to that than it is to come here (remember, no one besides my hubby, mom and my Band Dr. know yet...don't want to leave this open and have my teenager find this and wonder what it is).

if you are interested, send me a private message and i will send you my email address.

i want to or i should say, NEED to be accountable for what i eat, and why...i know i'm eating out of BORDOM often, and i HAVE to stop that!!!