Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Lap Band Buddy / Mentor someone to help and encourage through this journey!

I am new here!

I have a surgery date of March 3,2009! i am getting nervous, yet excited! i cannot wait to start this journey!

Thanks! Ros

Good luck and happy banding!

Hey there Wannabethinagain.... Tell us a little about yourself.. We are glad you're here and will be as much support as we can.. It helps to know who we are talking to.... Best wishes for your surgery...

I'm 37, wife and mom (to 4 boys...ages 16, 10, 2, & 1). I haven't always been overweight, but haven't always been thin. until i had my first, i was very tiny. i'm 4'11" and was less than 100 pounds! (my entire family on my mom's side is little...my dad's side on the other hand, are mostly greatly overweight!)

i was a yo-yo for quite a while. i could get down, but couldn't stay there. pregnancy did not help at all.

I divorced after a 10 year marriage and the some weight came off without a struggle, but i could never manage to get to goal. i stayed that way for a while. remarried, had Migraines so bad i was put on seizure meds and other various meds, only to gain about 30 pounds. hated them enough to stop them, I tried and wasn't very successful at geting the weight off!

I got pregnant with baby number 3 and when that baby was 5 months old, i was pregnant again! that just added to the weight problem.

I KNOW i'm done with our family, and i have unsuccessfully taken the weight off, only added to it!

I want this so much. i know what it is like to run ( I LOVE to run), to workout (i am one of those nuts that actually enjoy it!) to play with my kids, to be social (because right now, i want to stay in my house and hide!).....

and i want that again.

On March 3, 2009, I will begin my journey to be successful at my dream. I don't weight to be an issue with my children, i don't want them to think mom has self image issues, I want my family to learn to be healthy.

I want to be happy, because if i'm happy, my family is happy, my marriage is happy.... and i feel like this is the first step to taking care of me! (because as a wife and mom, i take care of everyone else and it's time for me to take care of ME first so i can take BETTER care of them!)

whew... felt like a therapy session there!

I hope i can find someone, or several people who are happy with thier decision to do WLS, are successful (or at least trying thier best), to help me through the struggles AND the good times! support is needed to make it through this, making friends and getting/giving encouragment is a bonus!!!

congrats wanna.. you couldn't have picked a better thing to do for yourself!!!! I really believe it is the best thing I have done for me! I have so much more self confidence and energy. I wish you much luck and happy banding!

Hey WBTA, thanks for giving us a little insight on you.. You have made a great decision for yourself. Although I'm 20 years older than you and my weight has been from a different culprit, I do understand what you are feeling. I'm six months out and still have days that I need support from my new friends here.. I'm sure you are going to do fine and I'm hoping I can be a good source of help to you along with all the other fine folks who are on this site... Just give a holler if you need us... You can even send me a personal e-mail if you like. I'll be happy to help you through this uncertain time.. but you'll be doing so well before long you'll be amazed. Keep the faith.... Julie

Well, tomorrow is the day!

all my pre-op testing done, i'm pre-admitted and have to be at the hospital for 6:15 a.m.

My littles are at my mom's until Friday (this is the first time away from my littlest man...i hope i can make it through this! LOL)

I SHOULD be home tomorrow evening.

wow...this is really gonna happen!! WOO HOO!!

best of luck WTBT

some things that were helpful to me:

i was told to follow doctors orders in walking and using breathing "thig-a-magig". it helped me get on my feet pretty quickly

another was to bring a pillow and blanket for the ride home. it was my favorite suggestion received as i truly needed it to lay down in back

your life will change in so many positive ways....i'm very excited for you...

Hey Wanna.... good luck tomorrow.. Soon you'll be on the BAND wagon with the rest of us.. Let us know how you are doing.. We're pulling for you... Take care... Julie

Good Banding Morning Wanna,

This is the day you will always remember!! Congrats and let us know how your doing as soon as you can!!! Woo Hoo Wannabethinagain is on her way!!!

Thanks to all of you for checking in on me!

My surgery went great.

I was home before NOON yesterday! I was able to get up and walk (just around the house)

my night wasn't bad at all. i was even able to lay on my side!

this morning, the only times i feel any discomfort is when i stand from sitting, or when i go to sit down. Also, when i try to take deep breaths. even then, it's not bad!

i feel no restriction...is that normal until my first fill?

of course the only thing beside medicines (they are pills not liquid) that i have had is Water. I kinda feel like the pills are in my throat, but way up there, like i didn't have enough Water to make it go down.

today i can add a carnation istant Breakfast.

i'm pretty sure tomorrow i can start a full liquid diet (yogurt, cream Soups thinned with milk, etc)

i remember the nurse telling me i probably wouldn't be able to get even much water down, and i'm not having trouble at all.

every one and again, i feel pressure in my chest and i'm burp a little and it goes away for a while.

I'm so excited to start this journey!!

again, thanks to all of you for the cheers and well wishes!!

Hey there, glad to hear you are doing so well after surgery... Just try to relax and let your body recover and soon enough you will start to get a feel for how things are.. Listen to doctors orders.....do what they say.. There is a reason for all the rules to start with.. You need time to heal... You'll probably find that you weigh more now than before from all the fluids they pump into you.. This will pass soon enough.. Keep in touch and get some rest.. Julie

The feeling that you are having in your chest is actually your stomach. It feels like it is almost in your throat. the pain in your chest is what you will get if you eat the wrong things and it doesnt go down. I thought it was weird also where I would get pain but thats what the dr. told me. Do not get worried about not having much restriction at first. I had my surgery on Dec.17 2008 and I am just now having some restriction. You will do great!

as of this morning on MY scale, i am down 12 pounds!!! the day after surgery, I was up 6!I'm still swollen though, so it will be nice to see the numbers once all of that is gone!

I am following Dr's orders because i don't want to screw this up!

I haven't had anything remotely solid to eat, so i'm not sure about my resriction. i've had yogurt and Soup (the liquid of it) so far, beside the carnation drink and Water.

thanks for all the support!! i know i'll need it!