Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid Lortab (or however you spell it)

It doesn't do squat for me. It takes a little edge off the pain but that is it. I feel like I would be doing just as well taking liquid Tylenol. I am a bit ouchy, nothing crazy but it would be nice to be able to relax a bit.

Did any of you get something different to take post op? I have been having a little nausea and they wouldn't give me anything to take home for that. I had hubby pick up some ginger tea so I could self medicate the nausea. I guess it is a little normal to feel woozy until the anesthesia is out of my system?

I had the same problem. I take Loratab on a regualr basis for chronic knee pain, so I told the doctor that my tolernace for that is more than he wanted to give me.

The doctor gave me percocet, but since it only comes in pill form I have to crush them up or cut it in 6ths.

I only received lortab and never finished the script.

It helped a bit but really your pain level improves so quickly post surgery that by the time you can fanagle a different script, you are feeling pretty much OK if you take it easy. Tylenol does not do squat for me but I don't know why.

I found chewable tablets called Nauzene that were both at my local supermarket and at Walmart for nausea. They taste pretty good, dissolve to nothing in your mouth (kind of like a tums) and work within 15 minutes or less. I highly recommend them.

I had a bout of low grade fairly continuous nausea for the first couple of weeks after banding, not enough to vomit but enough to be uncomfortable. This med did wonders for it.

I had the lortab and for me it was the bee's knees. If it's not effective for you then I would ask for a different script. Everyone is different and there's no reason for you to be in pain.

I had Vicodin--didn't have any problem with pills.

Also, what he said ^ you're not exactly drug seeking, you just had surgery! If it's keeping you from being comfortable, call them!

So many people (not on this board, I mean in general) think that pain just comes with the price of being alive & just put up with it.

See if they can help you with something else.

For those that have had a fill---could you take pills but after being filled once or twice, you can't anymore??

One fill and still no problems with pills. I hope that doesn't change.

It doesn't do squat for me. It takes a little edge off the pain but that is it. I feel like I would be doing just as well taking liquid Tylenol. I am a bit ouchy, nothing crazy but it would be nice to be able to relax a bit.

Did any of you get something different to take post op? I have been having a little nausea and they wouldn't give me anything to take home for that. I had hubby pick up some ginger tea so I could self medicate the nausea. I guess it is a little normal to feel woozy until the anesthesia is out of my system?

I had a prescription patch to wear behind my ear for 10 days (new one daily). I told the Dr. I never usually had a problem, but he insisted I use it as it is not good to vomit.

I had Vicodin--didn't have any problem with pills.

Also, what he said ^ you're not exactly drug seeking, you just had surgery! If it's keeping you from being comfortable, call them!

So many people (not on this board, I mean in general) think that pain just comes with the price of being alive & just put up with it.

See if they can help you with something else.

For those that have had a fill---could you take pills but after being filled once or twice, you can't anymore??

One fill and still no problems with pills. I hope that doesn't change.

I'm finding it slightly more difficult after my second fill. I just wait a bit after taking one. I can't take large amts of Water at a time like I could before.

I had the same problem. I take Loratab on a regualr basis for chronic knee pain, so I told the doctor that my tolernace for that is more than he wanted to give me.

The doctor gave me percocet, but since it only comes in pill form I have to crush them up or cut it in 6ths.

I also had vicodin tolerance. My Dr. said to take what he gave me in addition to what I normally took, but I only did that a few times. I swallowed pills better then than I do now!!

Thanks for the tips guys!

My nausea was pretty bad last night so I decided to stop taking the Lortab. There really isn't any pain to speak of and I am more worried about lack of appetite, nausea, sinuses, etc.

I just sent hubby to the store to get me some more of the good chicken broth as well as the otc nausea medicine (he got the liquid) that heather mentioned. I also had him get some gas x strips for good measure.

Tonight I will be taking some liquid tylenol cold medicine to keep my sinuses from draining so much.

I had the lortab and for me it was the bee's knees.

I never heard that expression before but it is so cute, I hope you don't mind if I borrow it. :tt2:

I use Cincy Weightloss for fills. I really have been happy working with them. Support meetings are too far away with my schedule so I haven't attended . . . but just wanted to say they are a great group to work with for being newly banded. Congrats on your surgery.