Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Crystal's complete list of NSVs

This post makes me think of the Monty Python song. It is good to see you'll looking at the Bright Things........All those NSV's are BRIGHT THINGS IN LIFE

Some things in life are bad

They can really make you mad

Other things just make you swear and curse.

When you're chewing on life's gristle

Don't grumble, give a whistle

And this'll help things turn out for the best...

And...always look on the bright side of life...

Always look on the light side of life...

If life seems jolly rotten

There's something you've forgotten

And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.

When you're feeling in the dumps

Don't be silly chumps

Just purse your lips and whistle - that's the thing.

And...always look on the bright side of life...

Always look on the light side of life...

For life is quite absurd

And death's the final word

You must always face the curtain with a bow.

Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin

Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

So always look on the bright side of death

Just before you draw your terminal breath

Life's a piece of shit

When you look at it

Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true.

You'll see it's all a show

Keep 'em laughing as you go

Just remember that the last laugh is on you.

And always look on the bright side of life...

Always look on the right side of life...

(Come on guys, cheer up!)

Always look on the bright side of life...

(Worse things happen at sea, you know.)

(I mean - what have you got to lose?)

(You know, you come from nothing - you're going back to nothing.

What have you lost? Nothing!)

Always look on the right side of life...

Great NSV's!! Vines that is what I'm talkin' About! I am not really a scale person but an inches and achievement kind of gal!! Your are an inspriration and funny as all get out!! You deserve all the best!!!

DeeDee

okay, it's been 2 weeks since I bumed, so it's time. Hah! Maybe I'll make the link to my LIST my signature since a ticker isn't going to do me any good... :D

The biggest NSV since I bumped? Probably needing to tighten the seat belt on the airplane. I'm down 3 pounds but I went from needing an extender to needing to tighten the belt.

Vinesqueen, I hope you don't mind me posting my NSV here but I know you will get a kick out of it. I am a accountant/budget analyst and positively anal about numbers. I was bummed because I didn't lose anything this week but I did lose 1% in body fat. At my current weight, that translates to 1.76 pounds of fat.

Since august 26, I have lost 2% body fat and 3.2 pounds total. But I have lost 5 pounds of body fat and gained 1.8 pounds of lean muscle mass.

And I just re-started my isometrics and walking programs yesterday. I am ready to concur the world!!

Celeste

Of course I don't mind Celeste! That's wonderful! I am sort of torn though... I think that counts as a scale victory.. :) It does after all, relate directly to weight... :D

Oh, and thank you for being an accountant/budget analyst, it means that I don't have to do it! (have to toddle off to my accounting class here in too short a time.)

Thanks, Vines, for bumping this thread, and I hope you do it regularly! I hae forgotten to write about NSVs and I need to. Once again, I really appreciate your posts! Cindy

How on Earth have I missed this thread? Am I intentionally being left out of all the reindeer games?

Crystal, getting off the inhaler alone is amazing. I'm taking a big lung of air for you right now in celebration!

Hi, I'm also in Idaho. I haven't had my surgery yet, but Medicare has finally approved paying for the surgery so I can have it here. So glad to see the progress you have made.