Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Crystal's complete list of NSVs

Hey SEXY you!!!! You are doing great with your NSVs isnt it wonderful to see a pair of pants and they look so dang small.. and you actually fit into them WOW that is awesome! and I give 100 Kudos for even trying to belly dance.. but to know more of the moves then the "skinny" girls well thats just wonderful. Your such an inspriation to me Thanks!!! and keep it up!!!

I mean, what am i thinking, other than I'm dead sexy and a fine belly dancer.

Wow!! What a great thing to be able to think.

shake your money-maker! (you professional dancer-chick, you!)

Go Vines, Go!!

I cannot edit my original post, so I'll use this for my continuing list until I can't edit that one any more... I guess there is a limit to how many time you can edit a post! :eek:

12/09/05

Well, tonight I make my semi-professional debute again!

We had our dance department dance review Wednesday night, and pix will be forthcoming. We were great, several people told us that we were the best group on stage, so that was awesome! :eek:

I went out on stage, in front of an audience of maybe 300 or 400 people, and I OWNED the stage. I wasn't the slightest bit nervous, and I'm quite amazed at that, believe you me! I made eye contact with many of the audience, and I had the biggest smile on my face the whole time. Not only did I look like I was having a great time, I WAS having a great time!

The next NSV is my costume... my top was a crop tant top that I've added bead work too to make it sparkle. But the important part of that sentence is CROP TOP! ;-) Yes, that's right, I was wearing a belly shirt on stage, exposing my ample belly to the public, with my surgery scars clearly visible! And I did it on purpose!

Okay, this next one isn't an NSV, not really, and it properly goes on the "Skniny Bitches" thread, but here it is :D We had just come off stage after doing our two numbers and we were all still amped up on adrenalline. We were talking about how we had done, bla bla bla. A group of ballet dancers were there, I mean, right there and one of the skinny blond said to another skinny blond the snottiest comment I've heard in a long time. Okay, all the ballet dancers were skinny blonds, but that's besides the point. She said, in a loud voice "well, at least we weren't shaking our Bon-Bons." In the snottiest possible voice mind you. So, I simply said, with sugar in my voice, "well that's because you can't shake your Bon-Bon." And then I smiled so sweetly at her. (then she said that I was probably right, and the group of them walked away) So, I suppose that makes me a fat bitch, but I just decided that I wasn't in the mood to take crap from anyone.

So, the next part of the Bellydancing NSV is that I'll be dancing againg tonight at a local restaurant, and yes, I'll be dancing for tips, so Big Paul, you'd better leave now so you get here in time, and yes, you'll probably need to take out a second mortgage :D

So, finally, I'm doing this when I weigh 240 pound and not waiting until I get closer to goal. I'm doing this at size 22/24 and not when I get to my goal of 12/14

12/22/05

I'm less invisible. Last year at this same time I felt so invisible when walking through the halls at school. Now guys hold the door open for me, and men and women smile more at me. Perhaps they just needed a couple of years to get used to me, or perhaps I am more self asured and confident. Confidence attracts confidence.

This time last year I could not breathe. I was in and out of the hospital and making near daily trips to the ER, having several nebulizer treatments every single day. Since I've been home just about a week, I've used my inhaler much more often than usual of late. I've used it 3 times in a week.

This is a weird NSV, but I finally have doctors seriously trying to figure out why I'm not having the sort of weight loss I should. I guess I had to go on the Supermodel Diet for a month before they would take me seriously.

1/4/6

Today I went skiing for the first time in 5 or 6 years! Woot! It was a lot of fun, and I fit into my ski pants from 5 or 6 years ago. I'm so happy! Okay, this was a MAJOR NSV for the DH too because he went skiing too! Spudboy and I had to talk him into it, but he did it! I'm so proud of him!

I didn't use my puffer once while skiing, but was wicked cold because my gloves weren't good ski gloves. Oh, and I didn't have a Water proof jacket either...

So, 3 for the price of one.

1/13/06

I just got back from several days in DC, for a scholarship symposium and job fair. I have a conditional job offer for when I graduate, if I can obtain a security clearance! Woot! That's an NSV, since it would be a major job!

I have a whole string of NSVs, the very most important one is that I went to DC WITHOUT AN INHALER. What's more, I didn't even need it. This is super significant because this time last year, and for several years prior, I couldn't go anywhere without at least 2 inhalers on my person. I had an inhaler in every single piece of clothing that had a pocket. Last year this time I had spent 10 days of the Christmas vacation in hospital, don't know how many trips to the various ERs. I didn't even realize that I didn't have an inhaler until the puddle jumper from Salt Lake to Pokey, AFTER my trip was almost done.

I was constantly being mistaken for a much younger woman, and when I would talk about my son, people assumed I was talking about a baby or a very small boy. :D Oh if they only knew!

1/18/06

In class yesterday I realized that my belly wasn't even touching the desk in two of my classes!

vines-just wanted to say thanks so much for your positive attitude and bitchiness....it is so empowering.

although i feel great about how the weight has come off, i still feel insecure about doing "normal"things...belly dancing? although it would be so fun...i think i would rather have my fingernails pulled out...i would feel so insecure. i hope that i can slowly get over feeling like i need to hide myself under sweaters and blazers.

just wanted to say thanks for putting it all out there...... : )

Vines, I think you are awesome! I'd love to see you dance. Hope the tips were fantastic!! Thanks for reminding us that focusing only on the scale is really narrow minded...there are so many other ways to measure our success.

Emily

Oh Maggie! I'm so very sorry you feel that way! But just so you know, belly dancing is NOT for men, it is a dance by women for women. It isn't a sexual thing, but a cultural thing. And some dancers wear full flowing dresses that would hide as much of you as does a sweater! For some women, I'm sure they like to primarily dance for men, but the vast majorty of dancers never dance anywhere but in their class! It's all about comfort levels. I'm a middle child, doing everything I can to get some attention.... :D

Thanks for your kind words Emily. It's hard when all you have are NSVs, but those are what keep me going on my journey.

Okay, this is a very, very weird NSV. I've decided that the diagnoses for Cushing's is an NSV. Why? Why would I view it this way? Well. Like Paula pointed out, it would probably never have been diagnosed if I wasn't a Turtle, if I didn't demand answers. It's an NSV because I think it gives me permission to relax, to stop beating myself over my non-weight-loss. It means that I don't have to rant and rave, well, maybe it gives me something else to rant and rave about :)

I think it is definitly an NSV. I mean, Geez... Here you had practically started doubting yourself on the whole diet trail. You worked and you worked and you worked - and got not very far (at least scale-wise) and NOW you know WHY.

Like all NSV's it points out that

1) something is working - (even if it's only your doctors FINALLY!!)

2) you have hope for more good news in the future. The scale WILL move downward again, someday.

Go Vines, Go!!! (and you look about 30 in your new avatar - so I can understand why folks think you are talking about a baby when you talk about DS!!)

Sparkle Pretty!

I had two NSVs this week. One is that I went to a party where I only knew one person. Big deal? Yup, big deal since I am terrified of groups people. It's not like they are spiders or kittens or something like that, but I have avery difficult time with groups of people I don't know, I'm very shy. (yeah, who would believe that?) But I went to the party, and I was charming and talked to everybody. I don't think my husband would have recognized me....

The other NSV is that I've accepted that I'm not going to lose weight. Not until this Cushing's thing has been addressed or resolved. But because I've accepted it, I don't have to stress over it. I don't have to beat myself up any more.

Oh wait, one more NSV, I need to take my watch to the Jewlers to have one of the links removed from the band!

Well, I haven't had that many NSV's lately, or if I have, they have been lost to me.

I need links removed from my beautiful watch, and I can wear more of my rings. I have to stop wearing one of my rings because when my fingers get cold (winters in SE ID are COLD!) it flies off my finger! Woot!

So, 3 NSVs for Feb 06!

but I have avery difficult time with groups of people I don't know, I'm very shy. (yeah, who would believe that?) But I went to the party, and I was charming and talked to everybody. I don't think my husband would have recognized me....

The other NSV is that I've accepted that I'm not going to lose weight. Not until this Cushing's thing has been addressed or resolved. But because I've accepted it, I don't have to stress over it. I don't have to beat myself up any more.

Okay, so you worked the room. You are NOT shy, you belly dancin' thang!! I love the "I was charming and talked to everybody" that made me smile!

Now, the Cushings, this is good news to me, that you have accepted it, and now you don't have to stress about not losing just yet. Not till you get it addressed. I LOVE that NSV.

I think you are so cool. :eek:

Crystal,

I'm new to this sight and I don't know what ncv means, and how you do it. Do you mind helping me out just a bit please. I am 305 and I have 15 days left and I'm counting it down lol. just email me when you get time.

also Crystal

Ok, yesterday I had my Wednesday bellydance class, and it was my second night/class with this new group. The intermediate class is also the solo class, and the instructor asked me if I was ready to solo. Well, I'm game for just about anything and told the instructor to pick out a slow veil piece for me.

My NSV is that I went in cold to the class, not expecting to do a solo, and blew the class away. One of the drummers asked me after class if I understood the effect my dance had and whether I'd meant it to be that way, and the instructor laughed and said, "of course she did, she's a dancer!"

Crystal -

That is one awesome, terrific NSV!! I would love to see you when you've got your groove on like that - workin' the room and making the men squirm!!!

You GO GIRL.

Congratulations on showing them all how it's supposed to be done!