Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Breakfast anyone?

Can some of you give me an idea for Breakfast? Since I was banded in July 08 I have eaten eggbeaters and fruit for breakfast. Since my last fill (5th) I can not tolerate the eggbeaters. I just don't know what to replace it with that is low carb. I just got off the insulin completely and don't want to mess that up.

Thanks

jazie

I have a Protein drink in the mornings for Breakfast most days. It always goes down, it gives me a good Protein start to the day and it's low fat and low carb.

But today I had protein pancakes and protein hot chocolate. Er, not at the same time, of course.

Thanks, what kind of Protein Drink do you have? I know the Carnation Instant Breakfast has more calories than some but I do like that one. No sugar added. I really need to find something to replace the eggbeaters. I don't know if it will damage anything if I keep eating it but it sure makes me uncomfortable. So as of today, no more eggbeaters.

Thanks again,

jazie

I buy something called "Better than Eggs"...in a carton next to the egg beaters - theyliquid is actually yellow - not clear and disgusting-looking! I add a splash of fat free, lactose free milk and a bit of "Magic" - a Salt Free spice by Chef Paul Prudhomme and have myself a tasty and healthy Breakfast by adding a half slice of Arnold's Double Protein bread toasted with a bit of "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" spray on it!

I have had that almost every morning since being allowed to eat "food" ...I even take it to work and "nuke" the "eggs" in the microwave at work and toast my half slice of bread - 3.5 grams of Protein in that half piece of toast!!

This may have too many carbs but I eat a 100 calorie serving of oatmeal mixed with a fat free fruit yogurt. You get about 10 grams of Protein but I am not sure of the carbs. I also use Unjury protein drink mixed in a blender with skim milk, sometimes frozen strawberry, or instant coffee and ice. Unjury has zero carbs and 20 grams of protein. Good luck!

I started with Better'n'eggs but now it tastes funny to me and I use EggBeaters. But mostly I use real eggs. My cholesterol is very low and I rarely eat high fat foods so the eggs don't tip the scale too badly.

I think with all these substitute products, you have to mix them up and try different ones because they all have weird tastes to them and it's just a matter of which weird taste you can stand.

I am currently using Chike Protein powder. It's a bit pricy but tasty. I was using Syntrax nectar before and also Healthwise Protein drinks. But, again, they developed a weird after-taste to me. I may try the Syntrax again though.

mac- is that the name of your low fat/carb Protein drink? i've been trying to find something that's quick & easy for the A.M. that'll go down smooth. i can't eat right away anyway, since im super tight. i usually can't eat breakfast until 11-ish and that messes up my groove :tt2:

Here's the web site:

Chike - Gluten-Free Nutrition drinks

It's a bit higher carb than Syntrax Nectars but I like the taste a bit better.

thanks so much for the link, i just ordered the sample pack. we'll see which one tastes better! ;)

I like a Muffin in a Minute for a change some mornings.

Muffin in a minute

1/4 Cup Flaxseed Meal

1/2 teaspoon Baking powder

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

1 tablespoon Splenda (optional)

1 tablespoon butter

1 egg

Mix everything together in a coffee cup. Cook for one minute in the microwave. Turn the cup upside down to take the muffin out. If it looks wet, let it sit for a minute or so. I have these for breakfast. You can add blueberries, or try other additions. Some people add a tablespoon of cream cheese before cooking.

Calories 215

Fat 9 gram

Protein 12 gram

Carbs 9 grams

Fiber 8 grams

Sugars 0 grams

Frosted Cinnamon Icing

1 TB Ground Cinnamon

1/3 cup Splenda

1/2 pk (4 oz) softened cream cheese

Mix ingredients by spoon until well mixed. Spread on top of flax muffins (works well with the many different varities)

if you grind your own flax seed, it takes 2 Tbl of unground to make the 1/4c. of ground.

I like to add a scoop of Protein Powder and two tablespoons of DaVinci SF Syrup before I bake. some people add a tbsp of pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice, or 1/3 of a banana mashed, or ginger. The possibilities are endless. I never get bored. :D

Mindwing