Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things I Need for post surgery

OK - Since I'm an inept moron who didn't bookmark the page, can someone point me in the direction of the list of things I should have post surgery? I know to pack an overnight bag, I got beef bullion and chicken bullion and Gas-x strips. I'll ask the doctor to see if he can phone in the pain meds so I can pick them up before surgery.

Am I forgetting anything else?

Almost there!!:thumbup: I get banded on the 20th!!!

Hello I found a list for ya - here ya go

LinkBack menu_open.gifThread Tools menu_open.gifSearch this Thread menu_open.gifRate Thread menu_open.gifDisplay Modes menu_open.gif

post_old.gif 01-21-2009, 11:12 PM #1

State: Southern Colorado

Pre op shopping list for post op!

Have seen this list before, but it's worth posting again it's so useful if you are getting ready for surgery! :thumbup:

NON-food ITEMS:

Heating pad (12inx24in) - for shoulder pain if you have any

Flexible ice pack (hot/cold 12inx16in) - for shoulder pain if you have any

A few books or movies

Squishy pillow for car ride for seatbelt (shoulder pad)

Make sure you have a good blender

Pedometer(depending on the one you get – don’t forget to adjust to your stride)

PHARMACEUTICALS:

liquid Tylenol/Motrin (Check early in case pharmacy needs to order in advance) & check with your doc before using

Chewable or liquid gas-x, or strips

Wet Wipes

Pill crusher

Chewable Vitamins

Hospital Medicine cups (I got 3oz/88ml cups – 100ct)

Cough Drops

Stool Softener - check with your doc first

Moist and nice tasting Lip Balm

FOOD ITEMS:

Protein shakes

Protein Water (K2O)

Plenty of Water

broth or stuff to make broth

sugar free popsicles

Sugar free Jello

Sugar free breath mints (chewable)

Crystal Light "On the GO" assorted flavors

Bouillon

Cream of Wheat

Creamy Soups

Applesauce

FAT FREE yogurt

Soup-at-Hand - Soups - for creamy stage

pudding cups (SF/FF) - helps w/ taking meds(got instant, more flavors, price per box)

Sugar free hot cocoa

Decaf tea

CLOTHES POST-OP:

Loose fitting, easily removable

Button down shirts

Thong shoes/slip-on so no bending and tying

Sports Bra! Sutures will be hurt by under wires

LADIES – tip for surgery day, wear a button down shirt, and no bra..it’s much more comfortable!!smile.gif

weight.png

Banded Dec 23rd 2008 - Dr Smith www.coloradolapband.com :cursing:

see what we do for a living at : http://www.redhawkrovers.com

Last edited by nicci63; 01-22-2009 at 08:54 AM.

user_offline.gifreport.gif digg.gif delicious.gif technorati.gif furl.gif

quote.gif multiquote_off.gif quickreply.gif blogpost.gif

nicci63

719.gif

Wow, according to that list I was woefully unprepared!

I bought gas-x strips and chapstick. I also went out and bought clear liquid approved Protein supplements. Protein Jello, protein hot chocolate, protein chicken broth, etc. That was it for me.

But everyone is different and I guess it is better to have things you might need than find you need them and don't have them.

Ok, where did you find all those protien products, Jello, broth, etc..., I am in Texas but if the products are out there I will find them, have been looking everywhere, don't know about yall but all the high protien slim fast has been pulled from the shelves here for recall from manufacturer! Nancy

A super company who sells on the internet and has extremely FAST shipping is UNJURY...I get the chicken Soup flavored Protein powder - it is the best by far! They also carry vanilla, chocolate and unflavored. They have Medical Quality Protein...

I was banded on the 17th of December...ordered on Sat or Sunday - the 20th or 21st...and my shipment arrived BEFORE Christmas - even with all of the Holiday mail!!

They also have Travel packets are 21 grams of Protein, 0 fat - that fit into a purse/pocket for when you're on the go...you just need to add to WARM Water - not boiling or even hot - less than 130 degrees is all it takes!

Website is: www.unjury.com Email is: powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury.com" rel="">Nutrition@UNJURY.com or call toll-free: 1-800-517-5111

Good Luck!

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!

I like the unjury chicken broth flavor, but the strawberry Sorbet (and I love strawberry!) was gross. :tongue2:

The rest of the products I had to get through my doctor from Bariatrix - Home you can't order them directly (although ebay seems to have a few products), only if you're a bariatric doctor. If your doctor can get them for you, can I seriously recommend the hot chocolate? I add a little bit of splenda to it and it is fantastic. The only thing this week that I've actually looked forward to consuming.