Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My New Hobby

Whilst laying awake last night, I started to do a bit of self-analysis (keep those gutter minds out of the sewers please!) and examine my psyche a little bit. It's amazing how overworked my mind becomes when I go to bed ("hit the sack" for all you States-side peeps out there).

Amongst many other world-changing theories and famine-busting mental dissertations, I stumbled across my new hobby - which I believe will be a good enough one to serve as my emotional crutch when my "eat the food, eat the plate, eat the table" endorphine-driven support has been removed at the end of the month.

It reminded me of what I tend to do when I purchase something on the Internet that will take weeks to arrive - I go back the site where I bought it and look at the picture. A few hours later, I go to the manufacturer's site and download a brochure and read that. The next day, I go hunting for pictures of it on Google and browse those. Then I go to other sites that sell it and read more reviews...and this continues ad-infinitum until the damn thing arrives just to help me pass the shopaholic yearning. That's what keeps me excited about what-ever it is that is arriving (most lately, I'm proud to say it was an eliptical trainer - now there's a first for me!).

That is exactly what I am doing now. I am preparing for my purchase in two weeks time (Lap Banded on 27th). I am reading reviews and visitng sites like this and taking in the stories of others who have bought it. When I eventually buy it, I will know that UPS will take their time delivering...in fact, I am going to have to do an awful lot of the driving and lugging myself. It will probably take two years to get here. But I will continue to read the amazing stories and see the awe-inspiring before & after pictures that you guys post here - all just to see me through to the day when mine is finally delivered.

For me, it's going to be a relatively private affair until I can get my head around the life-changes that will no doubt occur after surgery - but people like you, who post stories along the way - before, during and after - are the people that are starting to replace my lifelong friend & enemy, food.< /p>

I raise a glass of my pre-op-diet Water to the founder of this site and further raise the entire bottle to all of you who contribute.

Cheers!

Edited by bfrancis

I agree - great post. I've found myself doing the same thing since June. I'm here almost daily reading and absorbing as much info as I can.

I hope all goes well for you.

Take care!

What a wonderful post!!! And so true. Before getting my band, I spent a LOT of time here - reading and asking. By the time I was wheeled into the operating room, I wasn't even nervous - just excited!!! Good luck to you - I'll be looking for more posts from you - keep sharing please! Becky

bfrancis, have you ever considered a career in journalism, or writing a book? You have such a way with words. I am 5 months post op right now, and this LBT has really helped me with questions along the way. If you need any answers, just ask me and I'll try to give you answers according to my own experience with the band. God bless. patty

I think that should be on the cover page of all these sites. That was awesome! You're the BOMB! :rose::thumbup:

Spud :rose:

How very kind of you all! Thank you.

That puts a little pressure on me for my next rambling!

Thanks again.

Absolutly no pressure - feel free to just ramble away!

Following this post and the lovely comments I received from you guys, I have decided to set up a blog to see if I am a one hit wonder!

I'm not entirely sure about this blogging thing - so bear with me while I find my feet - and find the best place to put things - blogs, forums etc.

So - for my latest installment from my over-analysing mind, please visit my new blog at Banded Ben

I hope you enjoy!

Edited by bfrancis
Fat fingers = bad spelling!

Starting a blog is an excellent idea, especially as you are working through the journey from the beginning. :0)

I really regret I did not do the same in the beginning . . . because banding is such a full mental shift over time. I am not the same person today as I was in '07, and that is both inside and out.

Hey! who let the smart hot guy on the boards!! LOL:tongue2:

~keep blogging, we can all relate!:tt2: