Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi. Not sure if I should be here...YET

HI I'm Nessa. I'm 48 (almost 49)

Married to Brian who will be 38 next week

While brian is interested in Gastric Bypass I am interested in Lap Band.

We live in Baltimore Maryland.

I have an appointment for an info seminar on March 2 at Sinai Hospital and on March 11 at Johns Hopkins.

I think my problem is that I'm always eating now. I"m always hungry. I never shut my mouth.

I've been doing South Beach Diet for a few years and I had lost 80 pounds but it was slow and i was getting frustrated and since October I have gained 40 pounds back.

I've already talked to our insurance people and I know that WLS is covered at 85% at the places we are interested in.

what else should I tell you?

Nessa, Nessa, Nessa, Don't you know that as we women get older we never say we are ALMOST a certain age? You might as well say you are 48 and 3/4. LOL.

You have come to the right place to learn all you need to know. I recently bought WLS for Dummies and I feel I've already learned everything from here and didn't really need to buy the book (but it's nice to read when my daughter wont let me have the computer). Read and learn and watch out for asking stupid questions. It gets frustrating even for me and I've only been on here a few months, I can only imagine the old-timers. But everyone here is really nice.

But stay away from Dan (he has cooties!). But you haven't been banded yet so he might not bite. Take him with a grain of salt--he is very sarcastic and some people can't handle it. I on the other hand have recently been known to lose a job over being sarcastic so I can handle him.

Good luck,

Spud Mama:thumbup:

But stay away from Dan (he has cooties!). But you haven't been banded yet so he might not bite. Take him with a grain of salt--he is very sarcastic and some people can't handle it. I on the other hand have recently been known to lose a job over being sarcastic so I can handle him.

Good luck,

Spud Mama:thumbup:

I resemble that remark!:frown:

oh wow! you guys are so damn cute! I think i'll fit right in.

Hi Lady bug, I'm patty. Do you mind me asking why you and your husband are choosing different weight loss surgerys. Just curious. I hope all goes well for both of you.

Hi Lady bug, I'm patty. Do you mind me asking why you and your husband are choosing different weight loss surgerys. Just curious. I hope all goes well for both of you.

Nope I don't mind at all!

I have lost a good bit of weight (gained about half back now) and I think lap band would be best for me. I know how to eat right I just need a little push.

My husband is rather young and close minded and also needs to loose about 300 pounds. he knows folks who have had exceptional results with GB and that's really what he's interested in. there is a guy in our neighborhood who is banded who is HUGE not because LB does not work but because he does not follow the rules.... that's what my DH sees... the failure of it.

besides we've had THREE doctors suggest GB for him. (his internist, the doc that took out his Gall bladder (and had a heck of a time) and his orthopedist.

since we are different people with different opinions

well after more research... (it's a good thing research) I'm leaning more towards GB than LB...

I want to thank everyone for their support for the short time I was here...

well after more research... (it's a good thing research) I'm leaning more towards GB than LB...

I want to thank everyone for their support for the short time I was here...

Good luck with your choice, no matter what it is. You know what is best for you. But don't feel you can't continue to talk here, please. Patty