Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did anyone gain a pound or two back after initial loss?

On my ten day visit, I had lost 15 pounds. I haven't lost anything this week and actually, 1-2 pounds came back on. I know I shouldn't be discouraged because most of that 15 had to have been Water but it's a little disheartening when I'm not eating much.

I'm assuming that it will start falling off again soon - someone tell me their story and make me feel better.

Good heavens, I miss salads of all things!

Hi Cookie Baby. Yes, that exact thing happend to me. I had lost 7.5 lbs on the liquid sage post op, I was then moved to mushies and when I went to the Dr. a week later I had gained 2lbs! I just didn't get it when I was eating next to nothing, how could it be? Some replies to my thread said that perhaps I was not eating enough calories. I'm doing okay now, eating regular foods and not needing a fill yet? I am loosing, slowly but I wont know offically until I go back to the Dr. next month. I know how you feel I was pretty low after that 2 lb gain, I was trying so hard to follow all the rules to the T! Things will get better! Our bodies are adjusting!

1 -2 lbs is not really a regain or even a loss -- our bodies can fluctuate 2-5 lbs. If you regain 5 lbs and it stays that way for a week or more, then that's a gain. Don't sweat 1-3 lbs in weight fluctuations.

On my ten day visit, I had lost 15 pounds. I haven't lost anything this week and actually, 1-2 pounds came back on. I know I shouldn't be discouraged because most of that 15 had to have been Water but it's a little disheartening when I'm not eating much.

I'm assuming that it will start falling off again soon - someone tell me their story and make me feel better.

Oh dearest Cookiebaby, a lot of us are going through this right now. There was a really good post in the Post-Op section, I think it was yesterday and it was titled "An update for those who want to know"...or something like that. It will make you feel better.

If you cant find it, I copied on my blog.

I believe you are in Bandster Hell. It's where you want to get a gun, shoot your scale, fridge, or skinny people.

just kidding...I dont really want to shoot skinny people:tt2: Maybe just sit on them for awhile until they say uncle.

They say it will get better for us! We just gotta keep believing.

I could have written that post. I was down 15 pounds on my pre-ops. I am 8 days post-op now and I haven't lost anything. According my crappy $20 drugstore scale I have actually "gained" 1.5 pounds. I'm not sure how much faith in that number, but geez it feels crappy. Especially when I am still on post-op full liquids and not taking in more than 800ish calories a day. :tt2:

I wrote a letter to my scale...letting it know that I was unhappy with it's performance lately. I call it: A Letter to the Devil...here it is.

Dear scale,

I am writing this letter to let you know that I hate you. I think we should break up. I don't like your honesty. Can't you sugarcoat things for me? I mean what's a few pounds less once in awhile? We have talked about this before...but NO, you continue to show me what I don't want to see.

I know we have been together for awhile. This might be hard on you. Deal with it buddy. I don't want to have to go all Jerry Springer on your ass. I am sorry you have had to live right by the litterbox. But space is limited.

Perhaps we can get together on the moon. Where you will show me the numbers I long to see.

Until then,

Your ex-friend,

Amy

P.S. Um....okay, so you know I am not getting rid of you. But, Oprah said we need to share our feelings with each other.

:tt2:

10 days after surgery and having lost 10kg my dietitian warned me that I wouldn't lose any weight in the next two weeks as my body had to adjust it's Fluid levels and everything else after such a large loss over a short period of time caused by pre-op diet, op, and then post op fluids. She assured me I will keep losing if I just stick to the plan.

Wow, if I figured that out right - you lost 22 pounds. That's fantastic. I think I want to say my current weight in kgs and then how much I lost in pounds. Actually, I want to give my weight as it would be on the moon. (Sorry for the rambling).

Oh, I always have to lose every pound twice. But if you've just had a band adjustment and you are eating more and are hungry, you might want to to go back and have you doctor check your fill.

I had that problem last month after I gained and lost the same 3 lbs the whole month. When I went in for my fill on Tuesday, they found that somehow ended up with less fill on my last visit. I guess the good news was that I didn't gain anymore weight but after increasing my exercise, I was really getting frustrated.