Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

need support...

Hey everyone...

I had the lap band surgery 4-11-03 i weighed 235 i lost to 160 felt great loved it but i got to a point that i felt like i was pushing it too much and i thought i was gonna hurt myself, also i wanted to see what i could do on my own as far as losing weight ( i dont know why i thought i could do any good, was i able to lose at ANY of my other attempts?!?!?! i assume it was a moment of temporary insanity!) Anyway here i am starting over. I just had another fill bringing me to 2.0 right now i still feel like i need to be at 2.5 ( i was at 3.2 when i had it all removed) The depressing part is that i gained about 20 pounds!!! Now i need help remembering all the rules so i can start over and lose this again! ARRRGHHHHH!!!! i cant believe i did this to myself!!!!! I would love if yall could tell me the rules again, i cant find my papers... i need help getting back to the 'obsessed bandster' i used to be.....

april

dr thomas lavin

235/160/122 (was my old stats...) i now weigh 197 :)

www.whyweight.com

hey April. Sorry you are so stressed. The best news is that you caught yourself before you got out of hand. Right? Right.

The Guidlines in a Nutshell

CHEW TO GOO

Limit your caloric drinks.

Eat your Protein first, next veggies, then complex carbs.

If you have Snacks, make sure they are planned. If you have the occasional unplanned snack, try to choose something healthy.

Be kind to yourself

CHEW TO GOO

don't drink when you eat, and wait a good amount of time after eating. (sort of like swimming.)

try to get in about 60 oz of Water, give or take. (I think it's about 2 liters, but I probably made that part up.)

try to get about 1200 to 1500 calories in a day. Adjust as you need

excersize. get that fabulous booty shaking.

Those are the basics.

Well April, Vines pretty much said it all :).

Don't beat yourself up too much. I think at some point we all think that we've learned a thing or two since being banded, but then we all find out that the knowledge is stuff we really all had anyway and we need the band working at full performance to help 'remind' us. Right?

Congrats on getting your but into gear, and we'll see you around :)

You did before & you can do it again. Chin up & don't forget that this is a lifetime change- its forever not just whenever. If you remeber that this time it will be gone forever!! You can do it! I am sure your Doctor can provide you with tons of literature as well as reading old post here on lbt- hopefully that will help too.

Take it one day at a time.

Remember proteins!

No Carbonations.

Exercise and make healthy choices.

WooooooooooooooooooT!!! Its all coming back to you now I am sure! You did fabulous before, you will do fabulous now! That is what the band it there for. The tool to help you get back on track!!!