Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded June 08 and 1st fill was yesterday...

Hi everyone, its been ages since I've been on here seeing as how i used to live on here. I was Banded June 3, 2008 and i just had my 1st fill yesterday (7 months after surgery) I'm 20 years old and my starting weight was 365 I'm now down to 297.8 (according to the doctors scale). i have the V-something band haha but it can hold over 10cc's. My doctor, Dr. Prachand, filled me 5cc's my diet consists of 3 days thick liquids, 1 week mushies, back to regular. Yesterday i stressed my self out, it fill wasn't as painful as i expected, actually the numbing agent was more painful than the fill itself.

I wasn't hungry at all yesterday but i had to get something in just so i wasnt hurting my body so i made myself some cream of chicken Soup with milk and 2 slices of cheese and ate til full then put the rest in the fridge. Same for today cream of chicken and slimfast Protein Shake with added Protein --> (down to 293.8 this morning) I'm wondering if i should feel a hardcore restriction since my fill was so high up in cc's??

Just curious as to why you have been so long with out fills??? Whats up with that? I was banded on 12/31/08 and I just got my first fill today, could've had it 2 weeks after the surgery but I am a slow healer and the Dr was not touching anything that could get infected, that was the only reason he did not give me a fill til now. I will say it hurt and I am glad he did 4cc. I have a 10cc band. :thumbup:Keep us posted and I hope things start moving faster for you.

Hi everyone, its been ages since I've been on here seeing as how i used to live on here. I was Banded June 3, 2008 and i just had my 1st fill yesterday (7 months after surgery) I'm 20 years old and my starting weight was 365 I'm now down to 297.8 (according to the doctors scale). i have the V-something band haha but it can hold over 10cc's. My doctor, Dr. Prachand, filled me 5cc's my diet consists of 3 days thick liquids, 1 week mushies, back to regular. Yesterday i stressed my self out, it fill wasn't as painful as i expected, actually the numbing agent was more painful than the fill itself.

I wasn't hungry at all yesterday but i had to get something in just so i wasnt hurting my body so i made myself some cream of chicken Soup with milk and 2 slices of cheese and ate til full then put the rest in the fridge. Same for today cream of chicken and slimfast Protein shake with added Protein --> (down to 293.8 this morning) I'm wondering if i should feel a hardcore restriction since my fill was so high up in cc's??

Wow that is a long time before the 1st fill. I guess the doctor saw you losing weight and saw no need for a fill. I just got banded Feb 6, so I have not have a fill yet and do not have any advise for your question. Congratulations on your weight loss and your journey to better health.

Yeah my doctor said as long as i was losing 1-2 lbs a week that i wouldn't need a fill. Once that happened (weight loss stopped) then i'd have to come in for a fill asap... I figured being able to continue to lose weight without a fill was good i hope thats the right mind frame and since my weight loss slowed/stopped within the last month i decided to talk to my doctor about a fill and yup yup he said its about time i came back hahaha but he was amazed that i had lost so much without a fill. I was schedualed to get a fill 6 weeks after surgery but i was still going 1-2 lbs... [: