Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded 50 days & I've got a couple Q's?

Good morning all! I was banded (M/50yo) in Mexicali Mexico by A Dr Aceves on 12/22/08 & things are going pretty well.

I am out here in the spectacular Pacific Northwest. Currently down approx 70 lb with at least that much more to go.

I am freezing? Never been cold in my life, anyone else experiencing this? I suspect it is just body losing a layer of insulation, but not sure.

Just started (last nt) with a support grp out here, they were great. Was encouraging to hear others situations & concerns. was 1st visit and about 12 folks showed. Felt better about the whole life change when I walked out. Tx Chuck

Also, what is the recommended caloric intake people are being told to shoot for? The clinic I went to suggested 600-800 a day. What about others?

&, 1 more....lol Is anyone using or know how to acquire software from 'Nutri Strategy' for tracking & a quite wide variety of nurti info, calorie to effort graphs, etc. I could not find any direct contact info on the site & I got no response to my e-mail?

Thanks and best of luck to all.....Konrad

Edited by northxnw

I can't be sure why your cold, But I can tell you I've been cold since I started losing weight. I'm sitting in the office right now with a sweater and it's 71 everyone else seems fine and I'm still cold. My Doc says anywhere between 1000 and 1200 calories a day but I can't seem to get that in. I stay more at about 700 to 800 a day, some days more and some days less. And as far as the software I can't help, I'm a dummy when it comes to those things. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Good luck with your new lifestyle!!!

My information packet listed Water intake as being important for the normal regulation of body temperature.

Try drinking more Water? ?? It may help?

Hi,

Can you provide some more information on Dr Aceves? Cost, finanancing, overall experience getting it done, etc?

If my insurance denies me and I have to pay out of pocket maybe this way is less expensive?

I dont speak much spanish does the clinic speak English? I go to Baja all the time, but only once to Mexicali on the way to San Filepi.

thanks,

e

Good morning all! I was banded (M/50yo) in Mexicali Mexico by A Dr Aceves on 12/22/08 & things are going pretty well.

I am out here in the spectacular Pacific Northwest. Currently down approx 70 lb with at least that much more to go.

I am freezing? Never been cold in my life, anyone else experiencing this? I suspect it is just body losing a layer of insulation, but not sure.

Just started (last nt) with a support grp out here, they were great. Was encouraging to hear others situations & concerns. was 1st visit and about 12 folks showed. Felt better about the whole life change when I walked out. Tx Chuck

Also, what is the recommended caloric intake people are being told to shoot for? The clinic I went to suggested 600-800 a day. What about others?

&, 1 more....lol Is anyone using or know how to acquire software from 'Nutri Strategy' for tracking & a quite wide variety of nurti info, calorie to effort graphs, etc. I could not find any direct contact info on the site & I got no response to my e-mail?

Thanks and best of luck to all.....Konrad

Freezing here too! Yes, I am sure it has to do with the weight loss. I was always hot before. I can only manage to eat about 1000 calories a day. I use dailyplate.com to track what I eat. It gives you Protein, carbs, fat, Fiber, sugar & sodium.

I also use the dailey plate, It's a great tool and it really does help.

Sure, Was beautiful facility, great people (most w/some English) Dr. Aceves (& the senior staff all) speaks very good english. The place was quite modern, spotless, & extremely well staffed.

The cost at the time (Nov.-Dec) was 7k, I believe it is a little more now. I drove down (from Seattle area) but, they will pick you up in San Diego if you fly. A couple hours east of SD. You will have a 1st class hotel room the night prior then a very comfortable private room during your stay.

It was a great overall experience and I would recommend Dr. Aceves to anyone who must pay cash.

Good luck Konrad

Hi,

Can you provide some more information on Dr Aceves? Cost, finanancing, overall experience getting it done, etc?

If my insurance denies me and I have to pay out of pocket maybe this way is less expensive?

I dont speak much spanish does the clinic speak English? I go to Baja all the time, but only once to Mexicali on the way to San Filepi.

thanks,

e

My information packet listed Water intake as being important for the normal regulation of body temperature.

Try drinking more Water? ?? It may help?

Tx, I'll track water a little better. Believe I'm drinking plenty, I like water & have always got a bottle nearby but, never know. Appreciate the response.

My paperwork says drink plenty but, makes no ref to it and body temp......Thanks!

:thumbup: You've done great with your weight loss! Congrats! I am being banded on March 25th and trying to decide what kind of band to use, Realize or otherwise. I have a lot of weight to lose (250 pds or so). What kind of band do you have? I wanna make sure that I get a band that will give me proper restriction and be safe. Thanks!

:thumbup: You've done great with your weight loss! Congrats! I am being banded on March 25th and trying to decide what kind of band to use, Realize or otherwise. I have a lot of weight to lose (250 pds or so). What kind of band do you have? I wanna make sure that I get a band that will give me proper restriction and be safe. Thanks!

Thanks!, Its a project, What they told me was that I have had a tool strapped on to help but, that the majority of the effort is still in my head & its gonna be hard work. It is but, if you are dedicated & motivated it seems to be working just fine.

I have the "Inamed" band. I'm led to believe that there is not much dif other than a brand name? I'm sure some peeps have more comfort w/something that says "Johnson & Johnson" on it though.......

Good luck to you!! I am shooting for 150 lbs or so....The Dr. I used set caloric intake at 600-800. From what I'm hearing that may be a bit extreme. Some are saying 1200, even 1500 a day.

Thanks.....& GL Konrad